Rossvale Ground - Suggestion.

ScottMcCorry

As the other threads have, once again, turned to backbiting and snidey remarks...like most i wasn't too impressed with Rossvales set up...but i have been at worse and despite a wee shower, the sun and scoreline kept me happy.

I do have a suggestion to any of their committee, if they are willing to consider it for future matches for supporter enjoyment.

Due to the position of the cages for supporters, and the fact that the dug outs are temporary...i suggest moving both of them to the alternate side from the supporters. Couldn't see anything down the touch line of the half, an with the definite position of the cage, not much chance to manoeuvre yerself to get a better look down.

As i say, just a wee idea for future if you are interested.

Scott.

We played them in a friendly at the start of the season and they admitted then that there is a lot of work needed to be done at the park.

I think the problem with the dug outs was that there is not enough room at the other side of the pitch to place dug outs, the dug outs would be on the pitch.

My biggest moan is the negativity which certain people come on to this site with,  as you say backbiting and hidden agendas.   Junior football community should be supporting each other we all have things we could do better or would like to do better and I know there are people at every club working hard on behalf of their clubs.

We have all seen people who come to the games and do things you wish they hadn't but that doesn't make you a bad club.   These hidden agendas and he said no I didn't should be kept for the Premier League don't bring it into the Juniors.  

1 hour ago, Mr.Albert said:

Scott.

We played them in a friendly at the start of the season and they admitted then that there is a lot of work needed to be done at the park.

I think the problem with the dug outs was that there is not enough room at the other side of the pitch to place dug outs, the dug outs would be on the pitch.

My biggest moan is the negativity which certain people come on to this site with,  as you say backbiting and hidden agendas.   Junior football community should be supporting each other we all have things we could do better or would like to do better and I know there are people at every club working hard on behalf of their clubs.

We have all seen people who come to the games and do things you wish they hadn't but that doesn't make you a bad club.   These hidden agendas and he said no I didn't should be kept for the Premier League don't bring it into the Juniors.  

They had 1 on each side on Saturday mate, that makes me believe they could have had both there...maybe the entry gates don't allow them to be equidistant from the centre of the pitch...but as i say, after all the stuff about paying a fiver and a cage etc...to then miss parts of the match (however small) isn't great. 

An tbh, it's a forum to allow folk to vent...i'm content with that. :thumsup2

Think Junior fans will need to accept Auchinairn is an open air sports centre. Be interesting when it comes to a Scottish Junior Cup tie with any serious crowd turning up.

Maybe Rossvale could go round the crowd with a sheet like they did at Juvenile games 40/50 years back.

Think Junior fans will need to accept Auchinairn is an open air sports centre. Be interesting when it comes to a Scottish Junior Cup tie with any serious crowd turning up.
Maybe Rossvale could go round the crowd with a sheet like they did at Juvenile games 40/50 years back.

What you mean,we were doing that a lot more recently than that

They had 1 on each side on Saturday mate, that makes me believe they could have had both there...maybe the entry gates don't allow them to be equidistant from the centre of the pitch...but as i say, after all the stuff about paying a fiver and a cage etc...to then miss parts of the match (however small) isn't great. 
An tbh, it's a forum to allow folk to vent...i'm content with that. :thumsup2

Is it possible that the region have encouraged them to put the dugouts at opposite sides as it means there is little chance of a bust up on the touchline?

Is it possible that the region have encouraged them to put the dugouts at opposite sides as it means there is little chance of a bust up on the touchline?

That could be...Mr Albert however, seems to allude that they were both on the other side at one point. Unless I picked it up wrong.

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

are there any pics of this gaff for those of us who haven't had the pleasure yet?

Looks exactly like every other open air plastic pitch in Scotland with a big fence round it and floodlights. With two separate odd looking cages which have enough room in each for about 30 adults to see the game at an angle. Depending on which cage your in you can't see the corner to your left or right because the near side dugout sticks out. Really wasn't built for anybody other than players and coaching staff. Even odder is the builder put the small spectator areas on the far side away from the dressing rooms. And you can forget asking for a pie and bovril or a hauf. As long as you don't turn with more than 30 fans it's acceptable. Bring a packed lunch and flask.

10 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Check out @rossvalejuniors’s Tweet:

This is rossvale video of pitch.

I've not been there yet, but where exactly do the spectators go? Quite surprised also it looks like there's no fence/roping off round the pitch which i thought was an essential prerequisite...could be fun and games if they draw one of the better-supported sides in the Cup...no way is that holding several hundred punters.

The fans stand on one side inside two pens. The two pens have a large gap in between them. Not sure if it's meant to be home and away. It's like Renfrew's ground only without the buildings and the wooden fence and you can view the match on one side only or should say, part of one side.. Plus you might have a better view standing outside. Be a good ground to play a friendly game midweek. Tbh, i can understand folks feeling a wee bit cheated at having to pay watch a game at the equivalent of Glasgow Green.

I've not been there yet, but where exactly do the spectators go? Quite surprised also it looks like there's no fence/roping off round the pitch which i thought was an essential prerequisite...could be fun and games if they draw one of the better-supported sides in the Cup...no way is that holding several hundred punters.

There are 2 small enclosures at the far side away from the building where the fans are housed. You are told just to hop the wee fence walk round pitch side to go to the toilet. So during the game if you need to go you may look like you are trying to gain access to the playing field. Also at our game there the staff had the gates which lead straight outside locked. Also the far side temporary dugout that is used blocks your view from either cage. Best view of the pitch is from the running track round the other pitch which is higher up on a hill.

I take it in the event of any game attracting a crowd in the Scottish Junior Cup, Rossvale will ask for the game to be played at Petershill.

I would like to see what would happen at huntershill with a larger crowd to quote from another thread

"I will clarify this issue regarding yesterday's fixture between rossvale & st. Rochs gents.
The truth is very simple, rossvale contacted east Dunbartonshire council several weeks ago with all their fixtures to date.
Duty bound we felt it correct that if we expected their too be any large crowds attending any of these fixtures we suggested they possibly add a couple of more staff on than usual.
This would help assist our committee on the day.
This is the same protocol when we played at petershill park, no different.
To date the club have never received any official confirmation from EDC of what they had planned for yesterday's fixture until we turned up on the day.
The police issue has also been blown way out of proportion also as due to their being the possibility of a high attendance within this new sports complex, EDC had requested the local police swing by just to make sure everything was running smoothly.
At no point did rossvale fc request the attendance of several police officers to attend, patrol or be in and around the complex for two hours or more.
If yesterday's issues has offended any of the away supporters who actually paid into to watch what was a descent game then as a club we certainly apologise.
We are a young club still learning and finding our way in junior football.
Moving into the new complex has and will have its barriers to overcome.
But we hope that all travelling support understand that this a council run complex as is petershill and we do not have a say on how it has been set up or how it is run."
The part about the council staff and police presence would be interesting if they drew a largely followed Ayrshire team.

I have put the full post to stop any of the that was never posted rubbish before it starts.

Facilities seem adequate for all the age groups that rossvale run apart from the junior side. If a Talbot , pollok or the likes are drawn there in the cup it will need to be looked at. Could barely accommodate a couple of hundred never mind several.

On 9/11/2017 at 08:55, ScottMcCorry said:

As the other threads have, once again, turned to backbiting and snidey remarks...like most i wasn't too impressed with Rossvales set up...but i have been at worse and despite a wee shower, the sun and scoreline kept me happy.

I do have a suggestion to any of their committee, if they are willing to consider it for future matches for supporter enjoyment.

Due to the position of the cages for supporters, and the fact that the dug outs are temporary...i suggest moving both of them to the alternate side from the supporters. Couldn't see anything down the touch line of the half, an with the definite position of the cage, not much chance to manoeuvre yerself to get a better look down.

As i say, just a wee idea for future if you are interested.

When you go back, take a couple of bricks to stand on.

On 9/11/2017 at 06:16, Glenconner said:

Maybe St Rochs could go round the crowd with a sheet at half time at their home game this Saturday against Port Glasgow & donate the collection to Rossvale as a goodwill gesture for the gate receipts that they were deprived of last weekend?

Now that WOULD be 'a candy thing.....

:)

Archived