Second bottom Falkirk v Joint second top United 16/09/2017

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I always felt Fyvie was pretty shit at hibs too to be honest. Youc an see why MacDonald chose to drop down a league though. Hes pretty obviously done. MacMullan does a good impersonation of the hunch back of Notre Dame but very little else.

Never rated him either but he did used to cover  lot of grass, I suppose he still is but not in the same way, he was never that size at Hibs

fyvie.jpg

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure why United took the huff with us not giving them the ball back when the keeper punted the ball out so they could simply make a sub. Different if as in our case they'd had a man down injured but no. No reason why we should give the ball back in that case.

I was going fucking mental at this, there was absolutely no reason for yous to give us the ball back! Absolute stupidity from our goalie

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Still think both of these sides will be top four at the end of the day.

With Houston in charge we are certainly worse than Dunfermline and St Mirren, probably Morton and QoS as well. Livi look alright this year and Dundee United have started better than we have.

With Houston in charge we are certainly worse than Dunfermline and St Mirren, probably Morton and QoS as well. Livi look alright this year and Dundee United have started better than we have.

But apart from those six, we're definite title challengers.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It'll all even itself out in the end. Still highly doubt we'll be top of the league by the end of the season but definitely more confident that I was of finishing in the top four. St Mirren, despite their good results, have already been not beaten but humped twice this season.

Falkirk have had a shite start but there's no way you'll be fighting relegation. United will panic and ditch Rab if things continue to go poorly and will spend more in January to rescue the situation. Don't think it'll come to that though and still fancy them to be champions.

On 17/09/2017 at 12:13, ShaggerG said:

McMullan should have been off for the 'tackle' on Muirhead, Beaton however is a dick and was missing stuff all over the place!

Just watched the highlights there, and I'm not even convinced McMullan makes contact with Muirhead. He either catches AM late on his lower left leg, or not at all. Either way, Beaton obviously thinks there was contact, in which case it must be a red card? High, dangerous, late and reckless.

McMullan does seem to have a bit of a poor temperament, something we didn't see in his time with us.

On 18/09/2017 at 11:25, bridge of allan bairn said:

i thought both teams were very poor. if I were a pars or st mirren fan I'd be running my hands this season. it's there for the taking

Most people seem to be forgetting that we've just played game 6 out of 36; less than 20% of the season. Surely we all know by now how quickly things change in football so there are absolutely no certainties, the prime example must be St Mirren from last season. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Surely we all know by now how quickly things change in football so there are absolutely no certainties, the prime example must be St Mirren from last season. 

From 10th to the heady heights of finishing level on points with the team in 9th - incredible stuff.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

From 10th to the heady heights of finishing level on points with the team in 9th - incredible stuff.

Of course it's not going to sound too impressive when put like that, but they also went from not winning in their first 14 league matches, to only losing twice in their last 14 to turn them from relegation certainties to staying up. 

Surely you don't all believe that there is absolutely no hope for change in the remaining 83% of the season.  Every football fan has seen it before: you have a shite spell and it feels like you'll never get out of that rut of watching utter dross every week, 6 weeks later you think you're watching promotion-contenders. 

Of course it's not going to sound too impressive when put like that, but they also went from not winning in their first 14 league matches, to only losing twice in their last 14 to turn them from relegation certainties to staying up. 
Surely you don't all believe that there is absolutely no hope for change in the remaining 83% of the season.  Every football fan has seen it before: you have a shite spell and it feels like you'll never get out of that rut of watching utter dross every week, 6 weeks later you think you're watching promotion-contenders. 

Thing is we've gone the other way, looked really great in the whatever it's called cup and abysmal since conceding the equaliser at St Mirren.
Also the manager looks to have lost the plot.

Archived