Second bottom Falkirk v Joint second top United 16/09/2017

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, stumigoo said:

You were saying? 

Safe to say the only winners today were the people like me who decided to body swerve this snoozefest. 

Apologies on your side, we are still not great and if you had a manager who would play to punish, you'd have won it

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Yet again we bring Miller on and yet again he is shite and makes us worse. As soon as he came on we stopped giving the ball to Harris and we have up the little attacking intent we were showing. Houston absolutely shat it not bringing on O'Hara or Austin.

He played for a 0-0 draw and he got it. Still time to go Houston. Not good enough.

Said it pre yesterday, nothing yesterdays game changed my mind, Miller is now a 10 min player, when we throw the sink in aerial attack, he is a yard or so slower, nothing coming off for him now, we squeezed the Miller tree last season to dry.....hope I'm wrong, but sorry Lee, thanks for the memories

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

At least we look to have sorted the defence out a bit, I thought McGhee and Balatoni strolled it. The fact that we've wasted so much time and money on Watson and Gasparotto is frustrating but I feel more comfortable with these two on the park.

Balatoni talks, he's old skool in how he tackles and looks to fill a void, not 80% convinced yet...still a cumbersome improvement, far to early to say sorted

I don't like to say this, but we seriously are still lacking in the left back position, feel sorry for Gallacher, he is not ready

8 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

O'Hara was the obvious replacement with pace!! 

Playing against a team with 9 men behind the ball majority of the game, which left no space,  I'd really like to know where you think a pacey striker with no space would become effective.

FTR I'd have put Austin on, aerial and bit of pace to trouble, Miller is spent as into make a long term difference in a game

I thought Gallacher looked better today although was out of position defensively a couple of times. Hopefully he continues to improve over the season.
McGhee and Balatoni were solid and a definite improvement on what we had before.
Harris had a great 2nd half and we appeared to be in the ascendancy until we brought Miller on and bypassed the midfield rendering him ineffectual.

Brutal game though, I can't tell if Kerr is terrible or has just been coached to sit that deep and only pass to the centre backs. Either way it really stunts our attacking moves as we end up relying on Muirhead to start a move for us.

I'm off on holiday on Thursday. Thank f**k I have an excuse for not going next week. That was dreadful yesterday and going to watch Falkirk under Houstie is sucking the life out of me at the moment. I actually don't look forward to going to the Falkirk Stadium. I also think social work should be investigating those parents that inflict this pish on their poor children, it could scar them for life.

I'm off on holiday on Thursday. Thank f**k I have an excuse for not going next week. That was dreadful yesterday and going to watch Falkirk under Houstie is sucking the life out of me at the moment. I actually don't look forward to going to the Falkirk Stadium. I also think social work should be investigating those parents that inflict this pish on their poor children, it could scar them for life.

it's a fair point you make about kids. I've been trying to turn my two into falkirk fans and they just looked completely bored yesterday for 2 hours. I felt bad as a dad and as a dan it was awful to watch. I'm missing two home games in October due to holidays and in previous years I would have been gutted. not this. Houston needs to have a go more as others have said for ohara and or Austin not to get at least 30 minutes yesterday was criminal

I feel exactly the same about my own team right now. If we were crap but entertaining, I could cope with that. But our style of football is so horribly moribund. It's awful.

Seem our team, though we were set up not to lose, I said United go 1 up by half time, we change it and go at them, game finishes 1-1. Obviously I didn't realise how bad United are. A game where our manager's worst qualities show up, United are a "big team" so defend first, draw is fine, when we really should be going for it.

I thought we were slightly better in the 2nd half than we have been so far however Houston's 'must not lose' mantra cost us the game. If he'd set us up with Austin instead of Blues I think we would possibly have won.

Harris showed what he really can do during the 2nd half but we need to get him on the ball and running at defenders. McGhee and Balatoni look much more solid in defence although the latter likes a scuffed clearance with the 'pass back' to Thomson in the 2nd half being particularly bizarre!

I thought McKee was, at times, good and bad in equal measure and still think it's key that we get him back to form. Along with Sibbald and Loy he just seems out of sorts and if we can get them back on form I think we'll improve significantly.

McMullan should have been off for the 'tackle' on Muirhead, Beaton however is a dick and was missing stuff all over the place!

I fear defeat next week as Livingston appear to be a difficult proposition this season.

Saw up to the last 20 minutes on FFCTV. Looked like two teams scared to lose.
Houston just gone back to basics and will make us hard to beat. Central defence improved 100% and that has helped Gallacher.
Think both will finish nearer top than bottom come May.

Saw up to the last 20 minutes on FFCTV. Looked like two teams scared to lose.
Houston just gone back to basics and will make us hard to beat. Central defence improved 100% and that has helped Gallacher.
Think both will finish nearer top than bottom come May.

You are on holiday on an island in the Indian Ocean and you chose to watch that cack!!!
Do you have sunstroke?

Just watched the highlights, calling Sibbald's mis-control a shot on goal is a joke so im saying zero shots on target, and as I thought at the time, their keeper didn't touch Sibbald's header, it clipped the bar and McMullan should have been off for his challenge, it was solely in retaliation to  Muirhead's refusal to play the ball back and was high and reckless.  

I think yesterday was summed up for me when we had a free kick and played a lovely inside channel pass in behind the opposition defence...to conrad balatoni.  Our main creativity came from our lump of a centre back.  Magic stuff Houstie.  Gonnae just f*ck off  now?

I'm not sure why United took the huff with us not giving them the ball back when the keeper punted the ball out so they could simply make a sub. Different if as in our case they'd had a man down injured but no. No reason why we should give the ball back in that case.

McKinnon was shouting to their keeper to kick the ball out towards them, can't help he was dippit to kick it out 50 yards short.

On UTD, I thot MacDonald looked done, could be fitness levels but he did heehaw.

Fyvie, either orange makes him look massive or he has put the beef on, he was also pish. The thing about his game at Hibs was he was energetic and everywhere, no end product but he showed no zip whatsoever, I repeatedly said to my mate, I can't believe the size of him.

By the looks of it, its gonna be a long season for both of us, no in a good way

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

McKinnon was shouting to their keeper to kick the ball out towards them, can't help he was dippit to kick it out 50 yards short.

On UTD, I thot MacDonald looked done, could be fitness levels but he did heehaw.

Fyvie, either orange makes him look massive or he has put the beef on, he was also pish. The thing about his game at Hibs was he was energetic and everywhere, no end product but he showed no zip whatsoever, I repeatedly said to my mate, I can't believe the size of him.

By the looks of it, its gonna be a long season for both of us, no in a good way

I always felt Fyvie was pretty shit at hibs too to be honest. Youc an see why MacDonald chose to drop down a league though. Hes pretty obviously done. MacMullan does a good impersonation of the hunch back of Notre Dame but very little else.

Archived