Second bottom Falkirk v Joint second top United 16/09/2017

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Safe to say I am absolutely delighted that I decided not to go to this.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

How ?

Taking sweeties of a baby....

You were saying? 

Safe to say the only winners today were the people like me who decided to body swerve this snoozefest. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought this was supposed to be an entertainment game? one or two shots on target from both sides whole game? positives for me was that when Harris is positive and takes men on he can be exciting. thought the centre back pairing looked decent. negatives are loy looks like Baird last season runs about but never looks like scoring. to be fair first half he was completely isolated.

ref was poor timewasting missed fouls corners etc.

emailed the club about the programme to complain 3 quid less good articles than last season and no league table or fixtures etc. never seen a programme in 40 years with no league table.

do we get to lose friends by taking people free on the 0-0 initiative?

So. That was shite.

Both teams were awful and the only reason we came away with a point was because must how shite Dundee Utd are. Can now see why their fans are wanting rid of McKinnon.

Only positive we can take is Alex Harris finally looked like a player. That's exactly what we've been crying out for him to do get the ball to feet, beat his man and get a decent ball in. Unfortunately we rarely had any c**t in the box though.

Yet again we bring Miller on and yet again he is shite and makes us worse. As soon as he came on we stopped giving the ball to Harris and we have up the little attacking intent we were showing. Houston absolutely shat it not bringing on O'Hara or Austin.

He played for a 0-0 draw and he got it. Still time to go Houston. Not good enough.

Utd are really rotten and we couldn't even get a shot on target.
Incredible to think that these two were strong favourites to contest the title pre season.
Desperately looking for positives here, Harris was a genuine threat and Balatoni was steady at the back though he was up against nothing resembling a forward.
As for Muirhead getting man of the match, the sponsors were either pished or taking the pish!

At least we look to have sorted the defence out a bit, I thought McGhee and Balatoni strolled it. The fact that we've wasted so much time and money on Watson and Gasparotto is frustrating but I feel more comfortable with these two on the park.

The centre of midfield was brutal. Three little plodders offering nothing, standing two yards in front of the defence. Ridiculously defensive.

United were brutal as well. Could quite easily be two teams who finish in the bottom half.

Muirhead not giving the ball back is my highlight of the season so far, in all seriousness. V. depressing.

Muirhead not giving the ball back is my highlight of the season so far

Don't know what Utd were expecting at that? They put the ball out to make a double sub, mental!
That one of the sub's should then have been red carded for a ridiculous fit of pique challenge, only showed up Beaton for the arsehole that he is.

Harris's pace gave them all sorts of problems second half god knows why he didn't run at Robson first half as he had him on toast. How Muirhead got motm is a complete mystery. Of course there was absolutely no-one in the box for Harris to cross to and then we stopped giving him the ball.  United are slow as feck at the back so surely o'hara or Austin had to come on ? Nope miller gets flung on. Turgid stuff but I thought McGhee and ballatoni did ok apart from a couple of mindless moments. 3 points out of 18 though is simply unacceptable.

That was horrendous to watch. Defence steady but hard to tell because not much to do but no bomb scares moments like Watson/Gaspo combination. McKee terrible, Sibbald still not fit, Blues was average, Loy waste of a jersey and WHY bring on Miller. We had no out ball, O'Hara was the obvious replacement with pace!! Harris was the only shining light, can be a great player with more confidence in his ability. Some dangerous crosses and no one on the end of them. Muirhead didn't need to throw it back, their keeper hit it straight out for a substitution...bizarre!!

Archived