Second bottom Falkirk v Joint second top United 16/09/2017

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Russ said:

Anyone who would not play Taiwo can get in the fucking sea along with Houston.

By a considerable distance our best player so far this season. Actually he's or only player who imo has yet to stink the place out.

Whatever midfield we go with for it to work best it has to include Tom Taiwo and not include Mark Kerr.

Isn't TT Injured hence the exclusion chat ?

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're far too soft. Last year we were top of the fair play league but that wins you nothing. Other teams foul when they need to whilst we stand off players far too much. Our red cards are all for elbows  or retaliation. None of them are for taking one for the team fouls or crunching tackles. In games this season you see players strolling across the park without a tackle in sight.  We need to man up and man up quickly.

That's because they aren't deemed straight red card offences whilst the others are. You can be solid and crunching in a tackle but it still be fair and not warrant a red card, which is obviously the sign of a good tackle. or would you rather we picked up red cards every other week like we have been doing but because of shite tackling ? Fucking bizzare outlook.

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Isn't TT Injured hence the exclusion chat ?

That's because they aren't deemed straight red card offences whilst the others are. You can be solid and crunching in a tackle but it still be fair and not warrant a red card, which is obviously the sign of a good tackle. or would you rather we picked up red cards every other week like we have been doing but because of shite tackling ? Fucking bizzare outlook.

I dont think you quite got my last point mate. What I was trying to say is that we're getting red cards for sheer stupidity and not for a slightly mis timed or last ditch tackle or two yellows .  I want to see us putting in crunching tackles of course and I also want to see us fouling players when necessary even if it does mean a yellow. Other clubs players take one for the team when they for example break or are in a dangerous position whilst at the moment we just stand back and watch.  I don't want us booting people up in the air for no reason though. There's a time and a place for fouls though.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I dont think you quite got my last point mate. What I was trying to say is that we're getting red cards for sheer stupidity and not for a slightly mis timed or last ditch tackle or two yellows .  I want to see us putting in crunching tackles of course and I also want to see us fouling players when necessary even if it does mean a yellow. Other clubs players take one for the team when they for example break or are in a dangerous position whilst at the moment we just stand back and watch.  I don't want us booting people up in the air for no reason though. There's a time and a place for fouls though.

Aye I understand what you mean, if you're going to get sent off, then it should be in the attempt of playing the game and not for ' violent conduct like we have seen. However I wouldn't be too disheartened at being top of the fair play table. To finish second in any league and top that table means there must be tackles being put in somewhere and they must be doing them right otherwise we'd have been further down the table. A team of Taiwos would do me fine. Incidentally, does anyone know how many bookings he has picked up in his time with us ? 

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye I understand what you mean, if you're going to get sent off, then it should be in the attempt of playing the game and not for ' violent conduct like we have seen. However I wouldn't be too disheartened at being top of the fair play table. To finish second in any league and top that table means there must be tackles being put in somewhere and they must be doing them right otherwise we'd have been further down the table. A team of Taiwos would do me fine. Incidentally, does anyone know how many bookings he has picked up in his time with us ? 

Its been happening for the past few seasons .You can even go back to the cup final for a good example of what I'm talking about.  Their second goal all we needed was for one of our players to take one for the team and foul their boy as he breaks but no he's left to run to the edge of our box and shoot which ultimately cost us the cup. 

14 hours ago, steve55 said:

Looking forward too this.

Morrow at 2.59 pm and I still wont be looking forward to it

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

first goal will be more important than ever. if we go a goal down again can see the crowd getting on their backs and heads going down unlike previous seasons where we'd shoot into South stand second half and batter away till we scored. forgot they had McDonald and keatings up front and can't see them not scoring

if we go a goal down, there will be a murmur, the 2nd goal would for sure see the heads go down. If we go down like we did v QOS, I can see the unstaged walk out happening

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I'm putting the house, wife, and life savings on a home win here. Absolutely zero confidence in our team at the moment. 

Not sure what I'd do with a tent, a sadly disappointed woman and 35p.

Game day.

I have also put a single on Dundee United. I hope to lose it - it's fine, I'm Marshmallo, I can afford it - but I can't see anything other than a Falkirk defeat today.

If United are likely to go five midfield I'd like to see us match them, the likelihood of Kerr plus one being completely overrun by three men is a horrifying prospect.

It's anyone's guess up front as well, I have a horrible feeling it'll be Miller and Loy from the start. Long baws galore. I'd like to see O'Hara running at "The Edge".

Archived