Queens v Morton

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

He picked up an injury earlier in the season.  Obviously, hes played since that but I said on Saturday night it looked pretty obvious he wasnt 100%.

Although he could have been 200% fit and still not got near Quintogos goal, such was the quality of the strike.

Really? Monkey Tennis seems to think he could have thrown a hat over it.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really? Monkey Tennis seems to think he could have thrown a hat over it.

Not quite, but I don't think it was the absolutely unstoppable effort others do either.

Some posters just display a real unwillingness to ever be that critical.  It's up to them I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not quite, but I don't think it was the absolutely unstoppable effort others do either.

Some posters just display a real unwillingness to ever be that critical.  It's up to them I suppose.

You are on your own here though. Pretty much nobody is agreeing with you, even those who thought Martin seemed off his game on Saturday are happily absolving him on that one. Except you.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

You are on your own here though. Pretty much nobody is agreeing with you, even those who thought Martin seemed off his game on Saturday are happily absolving him on that one. Except you.

Not actually true if you look back on all the comments, but hey ho.

If It was though Skyline, I'd live with it.  I wasn't aware that we all needed to be in agreement.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

My take on it is that from that starting position he has precisely zero chance of saving it.  If he had been stood in the centre of his goals he might have had a slight chance, but the pace and power on the shot, and the fact that he wasn't expecting it mean even then it is unlikely.  I don't know enough about the art of goalkeeping to know if being so near his front post is a normal position to be in in that situation but I think in this instance it is inconsequential.

Tapping had a poor game.  This was pointed out by myself and a few others.

If he's injured you know more than we do.  The match preview http://www.qosfc.com/news-3705 said the following - 

Not in the know, just speculating based on concerns about his movement. Seems odd is all. 

7 hours ago, JessieField said:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_09/image.png.c196add4ef4f75f7e7707ff2e7381cac.png

This picture shows that the goal shouldn't have been allowed, the Morton player standing offside in the 6 yard box is obviously distracting the Queens goalie.

He wasn't offside when the ball was hit

I'm not absolving Martin from all blame.  There's a sliding scale between goalkeeping howler and untouchable striker and it's probably 90% of the way towards the latter.

That goal isn't the main issue though.  The bigger concern for me is why we are playing a "clearly injured" Martin.  Or worse, that he isn't injured and that is him at maximum mobility.

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

You'd think that there would be more concern about your crap, puffing mess of a right-back than the goalkeeper for both goals but... here we are. 

We've been concerned about right back for some time.

Fordyce got toasted for the first goal but he wasnt anywhere near Quitongo for the second

Thanks for your concern though.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

We've been concerned about right back for some time.

Fordyce got toasted for the first goal but he wasnt anywhere near Quitongo for the second

Thanks for your concern though.

Given that the second goal came from outside the right side of your 18 yard box I'm bemused as to why you think Fordyce isn't accountable for that as well. If Doyle produced such an incompetent display for us then he'd be getting hounded. 

Higher standards I guess. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Given that the second goal came from outside the right side of your 18 yard box I'm bemused as to why you think Fordyce isn't accountable for that as well. If Doyle produced such an incompetent display for us then he'd be getting hounded. 

Tapping has picked up Quitongo, Jacobs is to the inside. Fordyce tracks the run of Tidser(?) who goes wider of Quitongo.

Tapping should, arguably, close him down quicker and Jacobs is too far away to make a challenge but Fordyce does exactly what any full back would do.

Only the very simple of mind would find that bemusing

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

So it was Fordyce and Martin's incompetence that led to the second goal rather than Quitongo's skill? I doubt you'll get much agreement from real Morton supporters on that one. 

Archived