Queens v Morton

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Dykes had that run, and tried a strike at goal, which went wide, he had two defenders on him, maybe if he had run on to the goal, he may have been brought down, regarding Kane i liked his pace, hopefully the goals will come, Faddy looked slow and a little over weight, wasnt impressed, in the second halve thought we were playing quite well, until the substitutions, we then lost momentum.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A don't think even Buffon would be free of criticism at Palmerston emoji38.png

So, do you think Martin looked mobile enough to be playing yesterday? Imo, if any player is affected to that degree by an injury, they shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. And if that is him at peak fitness, I would suggest that we're in for a long season - any shot on target which is out of arm's reach, will be a goal. He can't jump, dive or run very fast. Apart from that, he's top notch.

So, do you think Martin looked mobile enough to be playing yesterday? Imo, if any player is affected to that degree by an injury, they shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. And if that is him at peak fitness, I would suggest that we're in for a long season - any shot on target which is out of arm's reach, will be a goal. He can't jump, dive or run very fast. Apart from that, he's top notch.

I don't know as I wasn't there. I just find it harsh he's being dismissed already given he's not had a lot to do so far. In the same way I found it amusing Leighfield's ability was questioned a few weeks back when he came on and had literally nothing to do.

I don't know as I wasn't there. I just find it harsh he's being dismissed already given he's not had a lot to do so far. In the same way I found it amusing Leighfield's ability was questioned a few weeks back when he came on and had literally nothing to do.

Like you I want Martin to be a great keeper for us but he has been heralded as a far superior replacement to Lee Robinson and many have been saying he was the League's top keeper last year.

I fully appreciate that he has been carrying a knock but he certainly isn't living up to the billing. No fault for the goals clearly but you wouldn't want him facing a barrage of shots or even a couple of misguided passbacks.

Leighfield's performance at Livvy would suggest that he is a capable enough replacement for Martin if he is struggling with a recurring injury.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Don't Greenock Morton do their own game coverage?

We do,  but QOS have better image quality on their highlights compared to ours which are filmed on the equivalent of a potato. Need to see Jai's goal again in HD :lol: 

15 hours ago, Flash said:

Is his problem not that he is a bit on the small side or are your goal frames bigger that at other clubs.

Excellent clips there. From those angles you can see the criticism of Martin is valid. It's a tremendous strike and he probably wouldn't have got there anyway, but he has to be leaving the ground for that rather than making no attempt.

Someone make a gif of Quitongo's Vince McMahon swagger, please.

46 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Jai's goal is very similar to Ross Forbes opening goal in the 5-0 game last season - just from opposite corners of the penalty box.

It really isnt

21 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't think he judges angles well. He had all sorts of time to decide where Quitongo put it. It was a disaster from him.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Excellent clips there. From those angles you can see the criticism of Martin is valid. It's a tremendous strike and he probably wouldn't have got there anyway, but he has to be leaving the ground for that rather than making no attempt.

Someone make a gif of Quitongo's Vince McMahon swagger, please.

Nonsense. The ball is well over the bar when it passes Martin then dips under the bar. He's caught out by the shot but theres no way he's getting near it

Archived