Queens v Morton

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

i'm confident we can go here and get the win, we need play decent from the start and non a this losing 1/2 goals before we start playing well. Gary had a cracking game on Saturday so hopefully he has gained a start!!

Thanks, Gary.

Scosha just asked on the Queens thread about parking at Palmerston so I'll put it here too.  Plenty of FREE car parking next to the ground (Ice Bowl behind East Stand or Arena behind West Stand)  or just a few minutes walk away at the Retail Park. Limited amount of street parking too. 

18 hours ago, Finch road said:

Think on another thread someone had our team as follows and I'd agree

Gaston

Doyle Lamie Oware Russell

Murdoch, McManus, Tidser, Thomson

Oliver

Jai

I like McManus and believe he will be a good player for us. But I would put Harkins in there alongside Murdoch and Tidser

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Scosha just asked on the Queens thread about parking at Palmerston so I'll put it here too.  Plenty of FREE car parking next to the ground (Ice Bowl behind East Stand or Arena behind West Stand)  or just a few minutes walk away at the Retail Park. Limited amount of street parking too. 

Does the retail park not issue parking "fines" after a few hours? I'm sure they do.

Plenty of nearly on street parking too though.

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Does the retail park not issue parking "fines" after a few hours? I'm sure they do.

Plenty of nearly on street parking too though.

As FLASH points out in the Queens thread,  parking at Tesco is 3 hour limit with penalties for overstaying.  (BetFred Cup principle,  no extra time allowed straight to penalties).  I'm not sure if the parking at nearby Homebase has the same restrictions though.  There is also the car park at Lochfield Health Centre.  Anyone parking in town on Dumfries side of the river the maximum stay is usually 2 hours.  It's all free though apart from Loreburne Centre and NCP car parks. 

13 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I be paying my monies at OOS sports centre how much do they charge?

SD can maybe confirm but away team fans can only  buy their tickets at the booth behind the East Stand (New Stand) which is the Stand  they will be sitting in.  The Arena booth is for home fan ticket sales  only.  

£16     Adults

£9        Over 65's;     Students;     16-21 year olds    

£5        Under 16's

You can get more information on the QoS FC Official site under the heading " Fans."

58 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

SD can maybe confirm but away team fans can only  buy their tickets at the booth behind the East Stand (New Stand) which is the Stand  they will be sitting in.  The Arena booth is for home fan ticket sales  only.  

It isnt. Thats only the case for designated seating matches (of which I expect there will be none in the League this season). There is a specific away ticket office next to the away turnstiles which will be open for the first time this season on Saturday but in practice home and away fans can buy from any of the three ticket offices without a problem. There is nothing different about the ticket on sale at each.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It isnt. Thats only the case for designated seating matches (of which I expect there will be none in the League this season). There is a specific away ticket office next to the away turnstiles which will be open for the first time this season on Saturday but in practice home and away fans can buy from any of the three ticket offices without a problem. There is nothing different about the ticket on sale at each.

My interpretation of the ticket arrangements was taken from the wording on the OS, (as below) although I thought that there was no distinction about being for home or away on the actual ticket. 

"Away fans will only be allowed to purchase tickets from the ticket booth behind the East Stand (The New Stand). "

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

My interpretation of the ticket arrangements was taken from the wording on the OS, (as below) although I thought that there was no distinction about being for home or away on the actual ticket. 

"Away fans will only be allowed to purchase tickets from the ticket booth behind the East Stand (The New Stand). "

That isnt what the website says ;)

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That isnt what the website says ;)

Someone's taking the wee-wee.  A quick update on the wording on OS to make SD's statement correct.  I'll not hold my breath for waiting for an apology, I was right up until about 15 minutes ago. 

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Someone's taking the wee-wee.  A quick update on the wording on OS to make SD's statement correct.  I'll not hold my breath for waiting for an apology, I was right up until about 15 minutes ago. 

An apology? I thought the winky face made it obvious I wasnt being serious :unsure2:

23 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

1 minute ago, Paisley Ton said:

sorry guys I meant how much to park at the arena on match days

Archived