Queens v Morton

As always in this league another hard game  

There is really nothing between the teams this season.

Morton will be full of confidence after there great win.

We will have to get going again after our disappointing performance against Livi.

Hopefully a home win but Morton are really good going forward so take a 5-3 win.

Dobbie 2 Lyle 2 and McFadden with a 35 yard shot think he has done that somewhere before 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean if you ignore the 2 games where we stuck 4 past Brechin and Falkirk and totally dominanted Dumbarton and the game where we lost to ten men then yes it has most certainly been a super even season in which every team is currently on five points after five. 

Optimistic that as long as we don't unveil a black and white 4th top then I think we'll be fine. Morton on their day could blow us away so fairly cautious about this game after last year's debacle.

Forbes and McHugh to the bench and Harkins and Quitongo in from the start. That's the only changes I would make from the starting line up on Saturday.

I'll take a score draw right now, but we're capable of the win if we play for the full 90 minutes

53 minutes ago, GreenockTON said:

Where has he gone to now? The seaside leagues or somewhere similar I presume.

Nowhere, he just not with us

32 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Forbes and McHugh to the bench and Harkins and Quitongo in from the start. That's the only changes I would make from the starting line up on Saturday.

I'll take a score draw right now, but we're capable of the win if we play for the full 90 minutes

:shutup

15 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Has just been released strange one as he can,t play for anyone till Jan.

Signed some guy called McFadden to replace Robinson 

Nothing strange about it, the club and him obviously couldn't agree on a settlement fee for remainder of contract and they just froze him out the game till after the transfer window.

Mcfadden showed flashes of skill and link up play yesterday but by his and his managers admission he needs game time to get up to match speed, could prove to be a very good signing a another very experienced pro to have around the club.

I'd have McManus in the centre of midfield, as we're far too open at the moment for our upcoming away matches. McManus managed to break up play more effectively in his cameo from the bench, including a good, cynical yellow card halting a Dunfermline counter. Murdoch's work rate on the right hand side would offer Doyle greater protection, which given his poor form is badly needed right now.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'd have McManus in the centre of midfield, as we're far too open at the moment for our upcoming away matches. McManus managed to break up play more effectively in his cameo from the bench, including a good, cynical yellow card halting a Dunfermline counter. Murdoch's work rate on the right hand side would offer Doyle greater protection, which given his poor form is badly needed right now.

Was thinking the same.

Murdoch has played out right a few times, St Mirren for example and it worked well enough with his energy and movement so would go with that as Forbes just isn't producing anything productive right now.

McManus has looked decent enough in the short amount of game time he has had so probably deserves a start to show what he can do.

Jai and Oliver up top as well.

I'm always confident when we go to Dumfries for some reason and if the team is set up correctly, we can win.

1-3. Quitongo double and Tidser!

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

Probably about 300 will head to the Borders for this one. 

No bites so far vT.

Anyway tough match but I expect us to have enough to see us through. With anther couple of hard to call games (Pars v St's and Utd v Falkirk), draws would be nice, things could be looking we'll come Saturday evening. :)

Mr X

Been saying that for a few weeks. Give him a chance in his natural position. I've liked the look of him so far.

Archived