Championship League Stats

In case anyone is interested, I have captured information on weekly league positions, game stats and line ups and produced the following analysis for the four SPFL leagues.  The landing page is the Premiership, but you can filter it for the other 3 leagues as well.

If you hover over a particular team in any given week in the “2017/18 League Table By Week”, it will give you additional information about the game for that week.  And if you click on that week, the line up table on the right hand side will show you the team for that game, who scored, who was booked or sent off.

You can filter the middle table to see various statistics for each team over the season.  Just a note about the attendance option.  Obviously, a team only plays at home every second week or so.  However, this meant that the graph would go down to zero for every second week, which made it look a mess!  Therefore, I took the attendance of the previous home game for the next away game, to show a meaningful trend line.  I can’t find the attendance for the Stenny game at the weekend, so that is currently showing at zero.

I have taken the statistics for each game from the BBC report on each game.  However, these sometimes vary wildly from the stats on the SPFL website!  Also, there is a lot of copying and pasting, so it is possible I could have entered the wrong data somewhere along the line, so double check the info with another source if you are going to be using it for anything.

Link to League Stats

I’ll try to keep the analysis up to date throughout the season, so you can check the same link on a weekly basis to see the progress each team is making.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 08:53, RiG said:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but can you filter by individual teams?

You can click on the team badge to select individual weeks for your team.  If you want to see all weeks, once you have selected one week, then hold down control and select the other weeks as well.

This week's stats have been updated

Link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have added a filter to the stats database so you can now pull out your own team.

Firstly, filter by the League your team is in, then filter by your team.

If you are looking for a lineup for a particular game, simply locate the relevant week the game took place in the 2017/18 League Table By Week graph and click on the club badge.  This will filter the lineup just for that game.  If you hover over the club badge, it will also tell you the score for that week and how many points your team had at that stage in the season.

Link

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With the season finished for most clubs, remind yourself of what a rollercoaster ride it has been.  Whether the ride has been pretty uneventful, such as Brechin City’s or more up and down, like Dundee Utd’s, it is all charted here ( once you change the filter to Championship! )

Championship Stats

As a totally irrelevant aside, here are the top 3 surnames for the Championship, based on number of minutes played during the season.

Smith – 12,814 minutes

Murdoch – 6,751 minutes

Thomson – 4,851 minutes

Archived