Forfar Athletic vs Arbroath

Interesting that his lack of rapport with the fans is being mentioned. A manager with a good relationship with fans will always get more time to get things right.I appreciate that it's a high pressure position  but I don't understand manager's who don't get this. Is it too much to ask to give a wee wave, fist pump or just something to generate a positive response from the fans?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's only 3 points.
I just don't get this Bollan love-in.
Did he keep us up.  NO.
Did we win the League.  NO.
Do we look like a side that will stay up.  NO.
Have you ever at any time since he came to the Club, heard or read ,Gary say how privileged he felt to be the Manager of Forfar. Have you ever,either home or away ,see him acknowledge the fans in any way,even those last season who made the trip to England-shire?
As for waiting for the team to gel I thought that was what pre-season friendlys were for.
BOLLAN OUT.       (IMO)

Did he get us back up? Yes
Was the football, in general, better to watch than DC's? Yes
Do we look like a side that will stay up? Impossible to tell at the moment. Only 2 home games into the season and had 2 away games to the league favourites that are now out of the way.

No love in from me tbh, I didn't want him to get the job but I don't want us to be losing games so we can get rid of him either.
Is his jaicket on a shoogly peg? Almost certainly. But wanting us to lose to get him the punt is rather embarrassing. IMO.

I'd go with 

Hutton

Little, O Brien, Hamilton

Kader Whatley Yule Denholm

Swankie Hester Linn

3 at the back would give more security as we looked more wide open than an Arbroath Road prostitutes fanny. Have Whatley and Yule sit in front of them then let Kader and Denholm cover the wings. Swankie down the middle offers nothing, give him a bit of room out wide. 

8 hours ago, Weasel said:

I'd go with 

Hutton

Little, O Brien, Hamilton

Kader Whatley Yule Denholm

Swankie Hester Linn

3 at the back would give more security as we looked more wide open than an Arbroath Road prostitutes fanny. Have Whatley and Yule sit in front of them then let Kader and Denholm cover the wings. Swankie down the middle offers nothing, give him a bit of room out wide. 

I like the 3 at the back idea, think Hammy has struggled at fullback, but Gold has to start, didn't deserve to be dropped a few weeks ago either, and McCord needs to play, 

Gomes

Little.  Tob.   Hammy.

Kader.  Yule    McCord   Gold.

Linn.      Hester.        Denholm.   

Definite starters going on last Saturday:

McCallum
Bain (best game this season)
Mensing (less rubbish than Roddy)
Kennedy (1 mistake unfortunately cost a goal)
Scott
See (possibly)

Travis has got to start this week, midfield hasn't dominated a match this season, no idea what the best lineup is.

23 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Travis has got to start this week, midfield hasn't dominated a match this season, no idea what the best lineup is.

I have no idea what he see's in Mensing or Rod that suggest they should be in the team ahead of Travis.

It's a Travisty.

Definite starters going on last Saturday:

McCallum
Bain (best game this season)
Mensing (less rubbish than Roddy)
Kennedy (1 mistake unfortunately cost a goal)
Scott
See (possibly)

Have a greenie. Genuinely laughed at the thought of GB's pre-match talk. "Simon, you're centre half this week on the basis that you're less rubbish than Roddy"

He was only less rubbish the last game. Definitely more rubbish the 2 games before.

Said it the other week after Albion...Roddy is either brilliant or a bombscare. Incredible (if unorthodox) tackle in the first half on Saturday followed, in the second half, by an attempt to jump up and control the ball on his thighs...only for it to somehow nutmeg him.

Loved the GB shout in the second half...heard clear across the ground. "Roddy...f**kin' clear the f**kin' ball!"

Archived