Forfar Athletic vs Arbroath

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were missing Doris, Skelly, Swankie and Prunty which shows even more how good a result it was. Denholm was terrific and Henry showed he can come In and do a job. 
I remember thinking when forfar gave campbell the bullet we need to go and get him which we quite rightly done, re Bollan, how many transfer windows has he had to sort forfars team out? Seemed to be going back the way and their side yesterday looked really mediocre compared to the one we played in the game towards the end of the season. Hope he can turn it around as we need a derby 

Think Arbroath were ever only in 1st gear and made it look easy on another day could of been an easy 8 , Hutton only had one real save to make .

I'm very surprised Bollan hasn't gone yet, But who is available with a pretty poor looking team it will be a tough job, I said it last night but I was so surprised and happy to see Easton on the bench, If you got the best out of him and with McCallum Travis Scott and Miller there is certainly room for improvement if the right man was in charge 

I don't actually think Arbroath were even that good yesterday, it's just the fact that we were so poor?
So many individual errors cost us, and with the manager reluctant to make any changes it's baffling!
And then when he does make a change he takes off Scott(Arguably our best player yesterday), also takes off See(was one of the few that actually tried yesterday)
Brings on Eddie Malone? For what reason? I have no idea!

Finally Dylan Easton got a run out, and we actually looked instantly better for a few minutes.

5-0 Flattered us with our performance and if it wasn't for Marc McCallum in the goal, it could have been double figures!

Bollan taking off Marc Scott sums it up; absolutely incredible.

You can tell by the attitude of the players that it's simply a matter of time. It's blatantly obvious he doesn't have the dressing room and the fans despise him, surely he's gone in a matter of weeks....

Also - we were excellent yesterday, but Forfar were absolutely awful. Our performance down at Ayr was better IMO as the opposition gave us a far, far harder game. After the second went in yesterday it was game over and simply a question of how many.

We've absolutely broken Forfar the last 6 month by the way

Here's what has happened since their celebrations after beating us 1-0 at Gayfield

We've turned around a 11 point gap

Stole the league off them on the very last day

We didn't even bother winning the last day too, just watched them capitulate before gladly accepting our trophy

The summer then came and we stole their captain and best player

We then flexed our muscles and took another player, giving them a fee out of the good of our hearts

We then agree not to play said player and still pump them 5 zip at their place with our additions from them running the show

We've even cause a forum casualty in the shape of Bogs Dollox

#WeDidntStartTheFire

source.gif

On 12 September 2017 at 14:17, theoriginalhedge said:

Word on the grapevine that some more influential "fans" at your club  are at thinking along these lines as well !!!  ;)

We have the first part of the master plan completed.

As you seem to be in the know,any plans for an emergency board meeting?

Quite simply he has to go NOW.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've absolutely broken Forfar the last 6 month by the way

Here's what has happened since their celebrations after beating us 1-0 at Gayfield

We've turned around a 11 point gap

Stole the league off them on the very last day

We didn't even bother winning the last day too, just watched them capitulate before gladly accepting our trophy

The summer then came and we stole their captain and best player

We then flexed our muscles and took another player, giving them a fee out of the good of our hearts

We then agree not to play said player and still pump them 5 zip at their place with our additions from them running the show

We've even cause a forum casualty in the shape of Bogs Dollox

#WeDidntStartTheFire

source.gif

Sadly I agree with this.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

We have the first part of the master plan completed.

As you seem to be in the know,any plans for an emergency board meeting?

Quite simply he has to go NOW.

Tomorrow night.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The slow mo of 1st penalty on Forfar highlights.... wtf was Mensing doing. emoji28.png

Ridiculous foul to give away, and then when Pongo was actually taking the penalty it looks like Mensing is in line with the ball, 5/6 yards within the 18 yard box. Would've been too good if Pongo missed, he got done with encroachment and then we scored the re-take :lol: 

Tomorrow night.

I'm sure you'd be loving it if the boot was on the other foot too.

Remember all that talk from you guys about stealing Bobby Linn not so long ago too then the game in February at Gayfield was such a hard one to take, players said afterwards that you guys were acting like it was won after that game in the changing rooms.

The way things have panned out since though have been fantastic, for me what happened last season has made you lads a bigger game than Montrose, sure others will disagree but that was a proper battle that for a title. Have never had anything similar with Montrose.

Ridiculous foul to give away, and then when Pongo was actually taking the penalty it looks like Mensing is in line with the ball, 5/6 yards within the 18 yard box. Would've been too good if Pongo missed, he got done with encroachment and then we scored the re-take :lol: 

100 percent it was basically a free hit

If Mensing had run in front of it the ref might've just played on to save the hassle of it being retaken though... [emoji102]

What a player he is, shades of Garry Kenneth in his Brechin spell

Archived