Forfar Athletic vs Arbroath

DC will be looking for a big reaction after yesterday's shambles, and after the events of last season then TOB, Denholm and Swankie jumping ship in the summer, there might be a bit of bite about this game. There's a chance we could be going into this with one fit striker in Kane Hester, so other players really need to step up. Our team is built around Doris and without him I fear we'll struggle. Don't know the situation with Bobby's injury but I thought he was pretty decent yesterday, could've had 3 assists. My preferred line-up would be:

Gomes

Gold

Little

TOB

Hammy

Kader

McCord

Whatley

Denholm

Linn

Hester/Loan signing

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a must not lose game for our management team, a win would be a morale booster for the players and fans but a defeat is going to lead to calls for Bollan to go. 

I have spoken to life long fans who would quite happily see another Ray Stewart style Derby day thumping to seal the deal.

It's a must not lose game for our management team, a win would be a morale booster for the players and fans but a defeat is going to lead to calls for Bollan to go. 
I have spoken to life long fans who would quite happily see another Ray Stewart style Derby day thumping to seal the deal.

Not really fans then.

I'd play Swankie, let him try make up for yesterday and also think he'll have something to prove against Forfar and Bollan.

Not sure whether I'd go with Linn or Hester.

Play like we did against Ayr, Airdrie and QP and we'll win play like we did 1st half v EF or yesterday this is gonna be shite.

I'd play Swankie, let him try make up for yesterday and also think he'll have something to prove against Forfar and Bollan.

Why has Swankie got anything to prove against Forfar or Bollan? He downed tools with a year left on his contract, he wasn't punted.

Guest bernardblack

Fans is the incorrect word here. "Fans" like this might as well stay at home on Saturday

Why has Swankie got anything to prove against Forfar or Bollan? He downed tools with a year left on his contract, he wasn't punted.

I know he wasn't punted. Maybe worded wrongly. But its his previous team who he took absolute shite off when he left, reading some of the comments on Forfars social media. Plus he dislikes Bollan.

It's not hard to work out why he should be up for it which is why I'd stick with him next week.

I know he wasn't punted. Maybe worded wrongly. But its his previous team who he took absolute shite off when he left, reading some of the comments on Forfars social media. Plus he dislikes Bollan.

It's not hard to work out why he should be up for it which is why I'd stick with him next week.

Ah. Downed tools and refused to honour a contract. Wonder why he got shite for it? More to prove against the Loons fans than the club itself then.

He's also not alone in the anti-Bollan love in.

46 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Fans is the incorrect word here. "Fans" like this might as well stay at home on Saturday

If "Fans" pay their money at the gate and are disgusted with the current management setup they have the right to let the Board know.

If it takes a doing from Arbroath for Bollan to go,it's a price worth paying.

I am sure the fans can't wait to give Gavin a warm welcome on his return!

Dick and Ian will always genuinely be welcomed back to Station Park.

Guest bernardblack
If "Fans" pay their money at the gate and are disgusted with the current management setup they have the right to let the Board know.

Utter nonsense. Anyone willing to pay £15/£16 to hope your team gets battered needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

16 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Utter nonsense. Anyone willing to pay £15/£16 to hope your team gets battered needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

There are quite a few of these types of "supporters" going about at various clubs and international teams,their hatred for the individual takes precedence over the team, 

Not sure whether I'd go with Linn or Hester.

Play like we did against Ayr, Airdrie and QP and we'll win play like we did 1st half v EF or yesterday this is gonna be shite.

If there is no new striker, then if fit Prunty should start, as for Swankie, might be tempted to play McCord instead

44 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

In your opinion, of course.

Others may hope that Bollan finds his best starting 11 of a fairly newly built side, turn over the Smokies on Saturday and go on a run that lifts us well up the table.  I know which scenario I would prefer to see.

2 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Whilst I have no real axe to grind with Arbroath, they've done nothing wrong, no price is worth paying for a derby doing especially given our recent history and certain people's involvement with both clubs. It is only very recently I've been losing faith with GB, unlike some who've never given him a fair crack of the whip. All I want this Saturday is a win and the bigger the better, unfortunately I think some "fans" may get their wish as I can't see DC not having whoever is available pumped up to the max for this fixture, whereas our squad rarely looked pumped up for a game other than Lister, Cox, Miller and Easton. Too many passengers this season.

22 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Whilst I have no real axe to grind with Arbroath, they've done nothing wrong, no price is worth paying for a derby doing .

It's only 3 points.

I just don't get this Bollan love-in.

Did he keep us up.  NO.

Did we win the League.  NO.

Do we look like a side that will stay up.  NO.

Have you ever at any time since he came to the Club, heard or read ,Gary say how privileged he felt to be the Manager of Forfar. Have you ever,either home or away ,see him acknowledge the fans in any way,even those last season who made the trip to England-shire?

As for waiting for the team to gel I thought that was what pre-season friendlys were for.

BOLLAN OUT.       (IMO)

Archived