Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

When David Murray was in charge? Can you send me a link?

I remember them saying they "deserved better" and wanted even more money thrown at the side. A midweek match at Perth rings a bell. Maybe in McLeish's time?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

No, I'm not sad enough to keep links to stuff like that. 

I actually have a life, with a job and everything. :thumsup2

So you just made it up?  As I said the mask will always slip eventually.

9 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

Have you ever been at a St Mirren v Morton game? 

There's plenty of distasteful identity on show. Just because it's not rooted in religion doesn't make it more acceptable. 

Your suggestion would mean all Catholics should avoid Rangers and all Protestants should avoid Celtic. How would that improve things? 

What?  

I was attempting to be all reasonable, but that'll be difficult to sustain if you're going to do daft things like equate the nature of distasteful behaviour from fans of clubs in Renfrewshire, to that we get from OF fans.  Sorry, but that's just silly and diminishes your otherwise reasonable arguments.

As it is, pretty much all Catholics do avoid Rangers.  Plenty Protestants follow Celtic - that success stuff is seductive after all, but the identity in each club is strong and divisive.  

Personally, I think our game and society would be much improved if everybody avoided both.

3 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

No, I'm not sad enough to keep links to stuff like that. 

I actually have a life, with a job and everything. :thumsup2

Come on.  You're at it here.

The point that you as an individual couldn't have done much to derail the journey to oblivion, is of course pretty valid.  

However, another valid point is that as a fanbase with a loud voice, absolutely nothing collective was done to attempt to halt, or even question the manic, suicidal spending that took place under Murray.  That's maybe human (certainly football fan) nature, but the response when other people did point to what was happening, was telling.

Again I'm talking about a collective response rather than yours individually, but all we got was lashing out in a combination of aggression (often sectarian) and triumphalism.  When it all kicked off for real in 2012, the former  got cranked up as the capacity for the latter diminished.

It wasn't your fault, but let's not pretend that Murray faced concerted grief about his recklessness.  The closest we got to that was protest that not enough was being spent.

On 21/09/2017 at 10:58, Public menace said:

The fact you have been called out for not standing for GSTQ and yet you still defend this fan base says a lot about you.

As previous posters have stated, if thistle ever turned into a quasi racist, nationalistic. fascist establishment, there would be no way I could ever support the club.

I don't know any club in Scotland that matches this description.  Do you?

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Renfrewblue trying to come across as a decent 'ordinary' supporter. There is nothing ordinary about the supporters of a bigoted, cheating repulsive, paranoid and arrogant football club. And Renfrewblue is just another one of them.

And you are a closed minded bigot. 

Despite absolutely no evidence to back up your hyperbole you keep insisting all of the negative things about Rangers supporters applies to me. 

I'm assuming you're still at school with this sort of immature attitude? 

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

So you just made it up?  As I said the mask will always slip eventually.

Oh, so because I don't have links to every news story about Rangers ever I'm making it up? 

FFS, you really are a child. It's lucky it's Friday or you'd be in trouble for being up past your bedtime. 

Here's a link that any cretin can use to find the stories that I'm talking about

Www.google.co.uk 

31 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Oh, so because I don't have links to every news story about Rangers ever I'm making it up? 

FFS, you really are a child. It's lucky it's Friday or you'd be in trouble for being up past your bedtime. 

Here's a link that any cretin can use to find the stories that I'm talking about

Www.google.co.uk 

If not providing a link, give us a description at least.  

Where was the criticism of  Murray and his bonkers spending?  What form did this criticism take?

And you are a closed minded bigot. 
Despite absolutely no evidence to back up your hyperbole you keep insisting all of the negative things about Rangers supporters applies to me. 
I'm assuming you're still at school with this sort of immature attitude? 

The only closed minded bigot here is yourself for supporting, thus condoning, the bigotry, cheating and general arrogance of the club you follow. If you had any social decency you would be appalled by the actions of your club over the years, but you keep defending it.

On 9/20/2017 at 19:39, Renfrewblue said:

Funnily enough I'm a member of the SNP, I campaigned for Yes and I help campaigning for my MP and MSP (both SNP) so where do I fit the stereotype? 

Oh and was best man for my Muslim friend at both his civil and religious ceremonies. 

Ive never sung GSTQ and have been asked to leave Rangers Supporters Clubs in the past for not standing up for it either. 

You see it's nice and comforting to eejits to assume their prejudices are valid because all Rangers fans are scum however it's factually inaccurate and exposes the really prejudiced folk. 

Doesn't the fact that Rangers Supporters Clubs expel people who don't stand for GSTQ kind of exactly prove the point about the institutionalised filth of every crevice of your faeces filled jute-bag of a club?

On 9/21/2017 at 08:19, Renfrewblue said:

No, I want twats like you and Dindeleux to realise that the world isn't black and white and that you're talking absolute pish. 

Clear enough? 

The world isn't black and white but that doesn't mean that everything is the same shade of grey you fuckwit.

49 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Come on.  You're at it here.

The point that you as an individual couldn't have done much to derail the journey to oblivion, is of course pretty valid.  

However, another valid point is that as a fanbase with a loud voice, absolutely nothing collective was done to attempt to halt, or even question the manic, suicidal spending that took place under Murray.  That's maybe human (certainly football fan) nature, but the response when other people did point to what was happening, was telling.

Again I'm talking about a collective response rather than yours individually, but all we got was lashing out in a combination of aggression (often sectarian) and triumphalism.  When it all kicked off for real in 2012, the former  got cranked up as the capacity for the latter diminished.

It wasn't your fault, but let's not pretend that Murray faced concerted grief about his recklessness.  The closest we got to that was protest that not enough was being spent.

The protests were small, you're right. Mainly because the fans didn't believe what they were being told as the MSM wasn't really giving any solid information. 

Too many folk only believe stuff from the newspapers. That and the tax stuff was too bloody complicated for the majority to even guess at. 

You have to remember that there's always a vocal minority at the extremities in every walk of life. The worst of what you're talking about came from these folk. 

Part of the problem is also that the most likely fans to protest about anything are the loudmouth bigots I don't want to be near. So any organised protest was commonly not inclusive of the majority view. 

10 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Doesn't the fact that Rangers Supporters Clubs expel people who don't stand for GSTQ kind of exactly prove the point about the institutionalised filth of every crevice of your faeces filled jute-bag of a club?

That was an example from 30 years ago. It's not like that now. 

It says a lot about you that you read it as if I meant now. 

12 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

That was an example from 30 years ago. It's not like that now. 

It says a lot about you that you read it as if I meant now. 

On the contrary it says a lot about your club that it is reasonably believable those things could still be happening now.

42 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

The only closed minded bigot here is yourself for supporting, thus condoning, the bigotry, cheating and general arrogance of the club you follow. If you had any social decency you would be appalled by the actions of your club over the years, but you keep defending it.

Can you actually read? 

I haven't defended anything (a bit like my team tomorrow I'm expecting), I'm simply pointing out that the blind everyone is scum opinion is wrong. 

That's it. 

You keep asserting that I'm a bigot just because of the team I support. That, in an ironic twist, makes you the bigot. 

Archived