Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

Renfrew just ignore them, you're preaching to the wrong group on this forum. You learn after a while just to ignore it and they eventually go away. They call us the bigots yet display the characteristics of a bigot every day on here with their opinions. Hypocrisy at its best.

All the best on Saturday but hope you get pumped [emoji106]

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Renfrew just ignore them, you're preaching to the wrong group on this forum. You learn after a while just to ignore it and they eventually go away. They call us the bigots yet display the characteristics of a bigot every day on here with their opinions. Hypocrisy at its best.

All the best on Saturday but hope you get pumped emoji106.png

Oh, look! A wee bigot love-in. How cute is this?

Two cheeks, same arse indeed!

8 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

I support Rangers because it's the team my Dad supported and took me to see. That's it. Rangers has no influence on my life other than during games of football. 

I've a certain sympathy for this.

Ties like those have plenty of resonance for lots of us.  

That's why despite the worst excesses of the worst of OF fans, most of us know plenty of perfectly decent people who support them.

I don't hold with the line though, about all supports containing unpleasant sorts and the OF just having more on account of having bigger followings.  I do think there is explicit appeal with both to anti-social elements.  I do think the clubs themselves pay lip service to addressing what that appeal is based on and I think our wider game is utterly lily livered as regards tackling it.

I honestly think I'd struggle to maintain even an inherited support for either, but I don't know, because I've not been there.

Calling all of their fans 'scum' is easy and tempting, but ultimately a bit unfair and daft.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've a certain sympathy for this.

Ties like those have plenty of resonance for lots of us.  

That's why despite the worst excesses of the worst of OF fans, most of us know plenty of perfectly decent people who support them.

I don't hold with the line though, about all supports contain unpleasant sorts and the OF just having more on account of having bigger followings.  I do think there is explicit appeal with both to anti-social elements.  I do think the clubs themselves pay lip service to addressing what that appeal is based on and I think our wider game is utterly lily livered as regards tackling it.

I honestly think I'd struggle to maintain even an inherited support for either, but I don't know, because I've not been there.

Calling all of their fans 'scum' is easy and tempting, but ultimately a bit unfair and daft.

Finally someone who understands its not all black and white. 

I'd say your post was fair and balanced. 

You can't change your team. It doesn't work that way. I do have a soft spot for both St Mirren and Renfrew Juniors but I don't see them as "my team" despite going to see them often enough. 

If I stopped supporting Rangers I'd have to give up football and I can't do that. 

Finally someone who understands its not all black and white. 
I'd say your post was fair and balanced. 
You can't change your team. It doesn't work that way. I do have a soft spot for both St Mirren and Renfrew Juniors but I don't see them as "my team" despite going to see them often enough. 
If I stopped supporting Rangers I'd have to give up football and I can't do that. 

So you happily support a team who are built on bigotry, cheating and pure arrogance? Says a lot about you.

2 hours ago, Tartantony said:

All the best on Saturday but hope you get pumped emoji106.png

Sadly Tony, you're spot on. Their blindness to their hypocrisy is depressing. Nothing will improve with these types of attitudes. 

As for Saturday, I'm hoping your lot have a bad day and we sneak a 1-0. I'm not greedy, or too hopeful to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

So you happily support a team who are built on bigotry, cheating and pure arrogance? Says a lot about you.

Aye that's right. 

I'm hoping that we can cheat you lot into relegation this season. 

I worry about the world with this standard of genius wandering about. 

3 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

You wouldn't though.

I get the thing about not changing your team, but there's no doubt that Rangers has a certain identity, much of which you find distasteful.

Your local team don't have that.

10 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

I congratulate you on a wonderful deflection tactic. By supporting such said cheating you condone it. Sad state of affairs.

No I don't. That's your opinion but I disagree. 

Please enlighten me how I could have actively prevented EBTs being used? 

Or how I could have personally made a difference to SDMs financial mismanagement /gambling? 

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You wouldn't though.

I get the thing about not changing your team, but there's no doubt that Rangers has a certain identity, much of which you find distasteful.

Your local team don't have that.

Have you ever been at a St Mirren v Morton game? 

There's plenty of distasteful identity on show. Just because it's not rooted in religion doesn't make it more acceptable. 

Your suggestion would mean all Catholics should avoid Rangers and all Protestants should avoid Celtic. How would that improve things? 

No I don't. That's your opinion but I disagree. 
Please enlighten me how I could have actively prevented EBTs being used? 
Or how I could have personally made a difference to SDMs financial mismanagement /gambling? 

You could've organised a protest against it. We did this at Kilmarnock when we realised our chairman was selling the club down the river with decisions.

Look at us now-same club and everything.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

You could've organised a protest against it. We did this at Kilmarnock when we realised our chairman was selling the club down the river with decisions.

Look at us now-same club and everything.

You must have missed all the protests outside the main door at Ibrox then. 

You need to pay more attention. 

Archived