Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

You're guilty by association *** boy.

Of what? 

Every support has morons, racists and criminals in it. So you're guilty too then. 

Loving the playground methods of making your points in this thread. My 11 year old would own you lot. :lol:

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I want twats like you and Dindeleux to realise that the world isn't black and white and that you're talking absolute pish. 
Clear enough? 

No. Can you explain in a bit more detail why the entire Rangers ethos is not a disgraceful stain on society, which anyone who is 'decent' would be better stepping away from.

10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Yes I agree with this. Your club is your club but if, for example, my club started to allow/profit from bigotry or hatred consistently I would stop following them. For anyone to claim to be decent and continue blindly on this path is just stupid.

You could imagine renfrewblue at the Nuremberg Trials

"Yes I sat next to Hitler when he discussed killing millions of Jews but I didn't agree with it because I like Jews. I just carried on eating my dinner though"

And so all Labour voters are anti semitic then? 

Don't confuse the away supporters (lowest common denominator from society) with the entire support. 

Yes there's scum in our support and sadly they appear to be a large percentage of the away support. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

No. Can you explain in a bit more detail why the entire Rangers ethos is not a disgraceful stain on society, which anyone who is 'decent' would be better stepping away from.

What is the Rangers ethos? 

It's not something I've ever heard of and also not something I subscribe to. 

How can things improve, in your eyes, if all of the decent supporters abandon ship and leave the lunatics in charge? 

1 hour ago, Renfrewblue said:

Of what? 

Every support has morons, racists and criminals in it. So you're guilty too then. 

Loving the playground methods of making your points in this thread. My 11 year old would own you lot. :lol:

Pretty much every support will be reflective of society as a whole. Which means that, yes, you could easily find yourself sat beside a moronic, racist criminal. Equally though you could find yourself sat beside a SNP supporting Yes voter. 

And that brings me to your earlier post about how you don't follow the Rangers stereotype because of your support for the SNP and independence and I draw an analogy from that that I think at least partially works. 

The campaign for independence was a pretty broad church but the SNP were at the forefront of that. I've been a passionate supporter of  independence, just as I am a passionate supporter of Partick Thistle, I've even voted for the SNP on occasion. 

Now if the SNP's campaign for independence had included a vocal call for the death of Catholics, or indeed any other religious group, then I might have perhaps tried to change the party from within but more likely my support for them would have stopped at that point. 

I couldn't tolerate hate and intolerance from a group just because we wanted the same victorious outcome. By continuing to be a member of that group I would, through turning a deaf ear to it and by extension condoning it, become part of the problem. 

The debate needs to move on. There's no doubt that two teams singing about proscribed terrorist organisations is undesirable. Presumably as rational human beings we can all agree on that. I know that there are historic reasons behind it all, but if parts of society tether themselves to the past, then we will simply continue the diluted Balkanised version of Scotland that exists within those parts, and which upsets those outside.  

I had a brief look at the UK Government's list of proscribed terrorist organisations, which includes all of the Irish groups.  The vast majority of the rest of the list, consists of Islamic extremists, with one or two other groups such as the Basque terrorists ETA, and the PKK from Kurdistan.  I seriously doubt that anyone would be happy with a football crowd singing songs in favour of Al Qaeda, so perhaps we need to calm down a little and spend some time educating rather than pontificating.  Maybe if folk actually thought about what they were doing rather than "because reasons and that other mob", we might have a chance of getting somewhere.

Funnily enough I'm a member of the SNP, I campaigned for Yes and I help campaigning for my MP and MSP (both SNP) so where do I fit the stereotype? 
Oh and was best man for my Muslim friend at both his civil and religious ceremonies. 
Ive never sung GSTQ and have been asked to leave Rangers Supporters Clubs in the past for not standing up for it either. 
You see it's nice and comforting to eejits to assume their prejudices are valid because all Rangers fans are scum however it's factually inaccurate and exposes the really prejudiced folk. 

The fact you have been called out for not standing for GSTQ and yet you still defend this fan base says a lot about you.

As previous posters have stated, if thistle ever turned into a quasi racist, nationalistic. fascist establishment, there would be no way I could ever support the club.

The club is extremely important to me, but not that important that I sell out all my beliefs to support .

And so all Labour voters are anti semitic then? 
Don't confuse the away supporters (lowest common denominator from society) with the entire support. 
Yes there's scum in our support and sadly they appear to be a large percentage of the away support. 

So are you saying that at home games it's the minority of fans who sing the bigoted songs?

I'm sure Saturday will confirm this.

2 hours ago, Public menace said:

The fact you have been called out for not standing for GSTQ and yet you still defend this fan base says a lot about you.

As previous posters have stated, if thistle ever turned into a quasi racist, nationalistic. fascist establishment, there would be no way I could ever support the club.

The club is extremely important to me, but not that important that I sell out all my beliefs to support .

And again you miss the point. I'm not defending the fan base. I'm pointing out that the blind "They're all scum" attitude is simply wrong, stupid and unhelpful. 

I don't hold political views because of the football team I support, nor does the fact I'm an atheist have anything to do with them either. Linking things that are inherently distinct is the act of a clown. 

I support Rangers because it's the team my Dad supported and took me to see. That's it. Rangers has no influence on my life other than during games of football. 

I do not understand how anyone can define themselves by the club they support. It's idiocy to me. 

And again you miss the point. I'm not defending the fan base. I'm pointing out that the blind "They're all scum" attitude is simply wrong, stupid and unhelpful. 
I don't hold political views because of the football team I support, nor does the fact I'm an atheist have anything to do with them either. Linking things that are inherently distinct is the act of a clown. 
I support Rangers because it's the team my Dad supported and took me to see. That's it. Rangers has no influence on my life other than during games of football. 
I do not understand how anyone can define themselves by the club they support. It's idiocy to me. 

I would observe that the scum element are definately holding sway. And that the 'decent' fans like yourself are doing little to alter this state of affairs.

26 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Unfortunately, as you are finding out from the slightly OTT response to your posts and because of the numpties that share your football allegiance, in these matters it's your club that defines you.  If that isn't of concern, then fair enough, crack on.   

Edited to add... I'm finished here. Said my piece, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

I'm just an ordinary fan of flute band music and marching backwards type post.

3 hours ago, archie guevara said:

Unfortunately, as you are finding out from the slightly OTT response to your posts and because of the numpties that share your football allegiance, in these matters it's your club that defines you.  If that isn't of concern, then fair enough, crack on.   

Edited to add... I'm finished here. Said my piece, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Sadly it appears that a large percentage of folk on here aren't intelligent enough to understand the difference between an individual and a football club. 

That's your problem, not mine. 

Archived