Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavieM said:

Watching those two games, it is hard to escape the conclusion that Rangers, as a club and its fans, are in a very dark place right now.  Loathed and laughed at by virtually everyone, a team comprising several absolute prima donnas and supporters crazed with ultra-British nationalism, quasi-fascist too.  There are loads of decent Gers fans out there - they can't be happy with how this is all shaping up. They need to make their voices heard and take their club back.

I'm interested in your assertion that there are loads of decent Rangers fans. If we are talking about the ones that go to games, at least 50% of them aren't decent.  And in case anyone thinks I'm singling Rangers out, Celtic are even worse in terms of the percentage of cretins at away games.

Statistically, there must be, they've got an enormous support. Maybe most don't go to away games due to the poisonous atmosphere?  I'm the only non-Rangers supporter in my extended family and out of that lot I can only think of one person who is an absolute arsehole.  

7 hours ago, DavieM said:

Watching those two games, it is hard to escape the conclusion that Rangers, as a club and its fans, are in a very dark place right now.  Loathed and laughed at by virtually everyone, a team comprising several absolute prima donnas and supporters crazed with ultra-British nationalism, quasi-fascist too.  There are loads of decent Gers fans out there - they can't be happy with how this is all shaping up. They need to make their voices heard and take their club back.

I don't know any Rangers fans who are ultra British nationalists or fascists.  I do know a few who are Labour or Scot Nats, though.

Try reading my previous posts in this thread. 
Then you can apologise for being a halfwit and we can maybe actually have some intelligent and interesting discourse. 
Or you can blindly assume that every Rangers fan is the same as the cretins you're talking about and continue to be a halfwit. 

Ah there's nothing I like better than a fresh start Sevco fan trying this pretence.

Luckily, much like their new club, the mask will slip after a short period and they will out themselves for the clear bigoted mess that they are.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't know any Rangers fans who are ultra British nationalists or fascists.  I do know a few who are Labour or Scot Nats, though.

I wonder what their thoughts are when the response of the Sevco support to a Saltire with "Yes" on it was to boo, then sing "Rule Britannia". I've always though it had quite a strong British Nationalist flavour to it. I remember when the Sevco support sang that song about German bombers at a recent semi-final, I thought it was very strange behaviour.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Ah there's nothing I like better than a fresh start Sevco fan trying this pretence.

Luckily, much like their new club, the mask will slip after a short period and they will out themselves for the clear bigoted mess that they are.

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense whatsoever. Are you conflating me with the club or the entire support? 

You do realise I don't represent either, I'm just one person? 

And from the posts on this thread between the two of us there's only one bigot and it's not me. 

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funnily enough I'm a member of the SNP, I campaigned for Yes and I help campaigning for my MP and MSP (both SNP) so where do I fit the stereotype? 

Oh and was best man for my Muslim friend at both his civil and religious ceremonies. 

Ive never sung GSTQ and have been asked to leave Rangers Supporters Clubs in the past for not standing up for it either. 

You see it's nice and comforting to eejits to assume their prejudices are valid because all Rangers fans are scum however it's factually inaccurate and exposes the really prejudiced folk. 

12 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense whatsoever. Are you conflating me with the club or the entire support? 

You do realise I don't represent either, I'm just one person? 

And from the posts on this thread between the two of us there's only one bigot and it's not me. 

^^^bigot located.

Funnily enough I'm a member of the SNP, I campaigned for Yes and I help campaigning for my MP and MSP (both SNP) so where do I fit the stereotype? 
Oh and was best man for my Muslim friend at both his civil and religious ceremonies. 
Ive never sung GSTQ and have been asked to leave Rangers Supporters Clubs in the past for not standing up for it either. 
You see it's nice and comforting to eejits to assume their prejudices are valid because all Rangers fans are scum however it's factually inaccurate and exposes the really prejudiced folk. 

c8caedc6219b03274687d6ff4bb01483.jpg

1 hour ago, Renfrewblue said:

You're guilty by association *** boy.

I don't buy this 'there are decent Rangers fans out there'. Well at least not entirely.

Nobody forces anyone to support a particular football team. Okay there can be a strong family connection to a team but to go and actively follow them is still a choice.

That you are going to get sectarian song after sectarian song when Rangers play, especially away, is not exactly a secret so when you hand over your ticket money you know exactly what you are getting. While you might not join in is continuing to go not in essence condoning it? They may not like it but not enough to stop going.

I don't always like what I hear coming from Thistle fans but if I were subjected to what I suffered at Firhill in the last two games - it was utterly vile at times - I would firstly try and change attitudes and if that was unsuccessful over a period of time I would stop going.

I would stop supporting Partick Thistle if it became for a large proportion of the support all about hate and aggression. That's what any decent fan would do if their club became a vehicle to express views that they find abhorrent.

I don't buy this 'there are decent Rangers fans out there'. Well at least not entirely.

Nobody forces anyone to support a particular football team. Okay there can be a strong family connection to a team but to go and actively follow them is still a choice.

That you are going to get sectarian song after sectarian song when Rangers play, especially away, is not exactly a secret so when you hand over your ticket money you know exactly what you are getting. While you might not join in is continuing to go not in essence condoning it? They may not like it but not enough to stop going.

I don't always like what I hear coming from Thistle fans but if I were subjected to what I suffered at Firhill in the last two games - it was utterly vile at times - I would firstly try and change attitudes and if that was unsuccessful over a period of time I would stop going.

I would stop supporting Partick Thistle if it became for a large proportion of the support all about hate and aggression. That's what any decent fan would do if their club became a vehicle to express views that they find abhorrent.

Yes I agree with this. Your club is your club but if, for example, my club started to allow/profit from bigotry or hatred consistently I would stop following them. For anyone to claim to be decent and continue blindly on this path is just stupid.

You could imagine renfrewblue at the Nuremberg Trials

"Yes I sat next to Hitler when he discussed killing millions of Jews but I didn't agree with it because I like Jews. I just carried on eating my dinner though"

2 hours ago, milhouse said:

I wonder what their thoughts are when the response of the Sevco support to a Saltire with "Yes" on it was to boo, then sing "Rule Britannia". I've always though it had quite a strong British Nationalist flavour to it. I remember when the Sevco support sang that song about German bombers at a recent semi-final, I thought it was very strange behaviour.

OK so you're defining "ultra British nationalism" as "doing things I don;t like."  Got it.

Archived