Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love it if someone burned down Ibrox

Surprised they didn't do that before they died and tried to claim insurance money for it

Too much asbestos for that to happen...

5 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Just as well your name isn't Manpreet Singh, or else you'd be getting racially abused to f**k for saying that.

The amount of racial abuse he was taking on twitter from one or two many Rangers fans was embarrassing.

The ultra stuff I think is fucking nonsense. No different to the yanks copying stuff from here and other parts of Europe. I much prefer the old way it used to be of having a few pints and just joining in with any songs at the game that a group of folk would start up. Now its all organised pish, drums and copy cat stuff. Thankfully its never crept into Thistle. Nicking flags, aye alright Lazio :lol: Enjoy Polmont ya wee gimps.

17 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Gone missing again. Just like they did when their club was on its knees, just like they did when they were embarrassed by their rivals (or diddy mobs from Luxembourg), and just like they're doing now when their own fans have been involved in acts of racism, vandalism and theft in the aftermath of a match.

Scum. To a fucking man.

Hmmm. How to respond to a halfwit that calls every Rangers fan scum without knowing many, if any, of them? 

I missed this game as had a family birthday party and haven't seen or heard anything about flags in the news but reading the rabid posts on here I'm guessing that some idiots have stolen some flags either from Partick or some of their supporters. 

I'd class these idiots as criminals and expect the local constabulary to be interested in feeling their collars. 

I'd like, assuming they are identified, for Rangers to give them lifetime bans from Ibrox. 

Hanging as one cretin on here suggests is a wee bit too much really. 

The absolute hatred posted on here tells me a lot about the response I'm likely to get but hopefully one of you can actually read and interpret without just the emotional "scum Rangers" responses I've seen so far. 

As to the game, I've watched the 3 minutes potted highlights pish on the BBC website and can't understand why Thistle didn't have 9 men at the end with the studs up challenges. Don't think the actual red was intended to injure, just badly timed but definitely a red. We need to start putting away a higher percentage of our chances. 

As to Thistle, I think they'll give everybody a difficult game at Firhill. They still look a decent team to me. 

36 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Hmmm. How to respond to a halfwit that calls every Rangers fan scum without knowing many, if any, of them? 

I missed this game as had a family birthday party and haven't seen or heard anything about flags in the news but reading the rabid posts on here I'm guessing that some idiots have stolen some flags either from Partick or some of their supporters. 

I'd class these idiots as criminals and expect the local constabulary to be interested in feeling their collars. 

I'd like, assuming they are identified, for Rangers to give them lifetime bans from Ibrox. 

Hanging as one cretin on here suggests is a wee bit too much really. 

The absolute hatred posted on here tells me a lot about the response I'm likely to get but hopefully one of you can actually read and interpret without just the emotional "scum Rangers" responses I've seen so far. 

A few noteworthy incidents from Friday night's game:

- "f**k the pope and the IRA" throughout the game on Friday night (as with every game) - and not by a minority either

- 70+ broken seats in the Jackie Husband stand

- Blatant racism aimed at one of our young fans on Twitter, with the following replies, rather than calling out those responsible for it, instead choosing to just add further bile

- The break in & theft of flags worth a good deal of money

Now, of course, not every Rangers fan is singing a sectarian song, or racially abusing a teenager, or breaking into a stadium in the middle of the night to steal and burn flags. But the vanishing act whenever these things happen from "the majority", and the refusal by the large numbers who witness these things to condemn them is disgusting.

With regards to the flags, I'm pleased that Sevco were so rattled by their inability to beat a 10-men Partick Thistle side that they felt retaliation was required in the form of theft from PTFC.

With regards to the Sevco songbook, it's not that my delicate ears are particularly offended by lyrics about The Pope/Bobby Sands/Irish borders (although clearly some might be), I just can't understand why anyone would be interested in a football club where these attitudes seem to be the only point to their existence. Which makes you wonder if "Rangers", in any incarnation, will continue to exist long-term in 21st century Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

- "f**k the pope and the IRA" throughout the game on Friday night (as with every game) - and not by a minority either

- Blatant racism aimed at one of our young fans on Twitter, with the following replies, rather than calling out those responsible for it, instead choosing to just add further bile

Now, of course, not every Rangers fan is singing a sectarian song, or racially abusing a teenager, or breaking into a stadium in the middle of the night to steal and burn flags. But the vanishing act whenever these things happen from "the majority", and the refusal by the large numbers who witness these things to condemn them is disgusting.

I can't stand the morons that perpetrate criminal acts whilst supposedly supporting Rangers. I'd hope that the Police will get these clowns and prosecute them to the maximum extent of the law. 

I'd also hope Rangers would ban them. 

Not sure what you mean by vanishing act but also not sure why any poster on here should have enough to condemn or defend these idiots if they don't want to. 

Ive yet to see a Thistle fan comment on the poor tackles on Tuesday night by their players but I'm not bothered if no one comments. It's up to them if they want to. 

1 minute ago, milhouse said:

With regards to the flags, I'm pleased that Sevco were so rattled by their inability to beat a 10-men Partick Thistle side that they felt retaliation was required in the form of theft from PTFC.

With regards to the Sevco songbook, it's not that my delicate ears are particularly offended by lyrics about The Pope/Bobby Sands/Irish borders (although clearly some might be), I just can't understand why anyone would be interested in a football club where these attitudes seem to be the only point to their existence.

So a holding company stole the flags? 

1 minute ago, Renfrewblue said:

Ive yet to see a Thistle fan comment on the poor tackles on Tuesday night by their players but I'm not bothered if no one comments. It's up to them if they want to. 

garry-468533.jpg

Look how shite the whataboutery becomes when Celtic aren't involved.

I can't stand the morons that perpetrate criminal acts whilst supposedly supporting Rangers. I'd hope that the Police will get these clowns and prosecute them to the maximum extent of the law. 
I'd also hope Rangers would ban them. 
Not sure what you mean by vanishing act but also not sure why any poster on here should have enough to condemn or defend these idiots if they don't want to. 

Morelos and Ryan Jack are dirty so and sos. Is that good enough? [emoji56] [emoji191] [emoji211] [emoji211] [emoji191]

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Sorry for the multiple posts but I forgot to say that I feel nothing but disgust for racists. Sadly social media is allowing these scumbags a forum for their disgusting behaviour. It needs the police to join the modern world to help sort them out. 

Archived