Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

I get the comments and disappointment that we as a club don't stand up against these arseholes but looking at it from a different angle, why get dragged into the mud with these scumbags? I do think our board and admin including Maxwell hates having to bend over for these reptiles but we have to play them and therefore like with the other half of the dirt on the east side we have to accommodate their large traveling sectarian away support. The club makes money from it that helps us turn it into a positive and sign players to help us achieve our goals.

If we fight it and don't choose what we want to spar over we run the risk of looking foolish and hurting the team who want to hurt them the best way we know how. On the park! Like Friday night. No doubt we should have won.

It's really not the clubs fault. It's better possibly to say little and allow Archie and Shaggy to get the team ready than have us in the papers for trying to match up and fight these morons.

I do also want sometimes to stick it to them but I think the club is being mature and deals with the issue behind the scenes. I don't think they neglect our support. But many parents don't want to take their kids to see the OF at Firhill. No matter where we all sit. And that's their prerogative. I wouldn't take mine to listen to their bile.

Mon the Jags! [emoji1045]

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much money does the club actually make from these fixtures though?

Sky/BT take every one of them when they cross the river, so the TV fees are the bulk of the income for Thistle.

Why does the club feel the need to shaft its own by moving them elsewhere? Has the financial benefit ever been quantified?

How much money does the club actually make from these fixtures though?
Sky/BT take every one of them when they cross the river, so the TV fees are the bulk of the income for Thistle.
Why does the club feel the need to shaft its own by moving them elsewhere? Has the financial benefit ever been quantified?

You realise you don't get extra money for appearing on TV don't you? You only get that money in cup games.

How so?

What do you mean "how so?" it's because that's how it works. The TV company gives the league an agreed amount which is added to the pot, and it's dished out via league placing. You get one off payments for your game being televised in the cup, but not in the league. Been that way for as long as I've been aware.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What do you mean "how so?" it's because that's how it works. The TV company gives the league an agreed amount which is added to the pot, and it's dished out via league placing. You get one off payments for your game being televised in the cup, but not in the league. Been that way for as long as I've been aware.

id have thought you get an extra payment for the inconvenience of Tv crews blah blah being there, im sure the english clubs get 750 grand for being on TV on top of the TV money share they get at the end of the season

if scottish football didnt negotiate something like this then the TV companies really do have them over a barrel

This is spot on. And yes they do have us over a barrel and yes the deal for TV we have is shite. But it's money we need end of or we wouldn't have a league. Shite deal is better than no deal.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

We've Lee Wallaced the c***s. Yaaas.

I for one expect an emotionally mature response from the goblins to this, with absolutely no references to us being mini-*****s etc. etc.

Let alone the official Rangers* statement - no doubt paying lip service to having to actually do anything meaningful about it such as banning any of the mutants found culpable for the theft... edit: if there is any that is. Not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The statement doesn't mention Rangers at all.

Probably for legal reasons.

What matters is the perpetrators have been grassed up and they are Demonstrable Hunz.

Hanging isn't good enough for them.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

It's reassuring to read all the posts from rangers fans on here, breaking ranks if you will, and calling out their union bears as nothing but filthy theiving b*****ds. Good on you, lads.

Gone missing again. Just like they did when their club was on its knees, just like they did when they were embarrassed by their rivals (or diddy mobs from Luxembourg), and just like they're doing now when their own fans have been involved in acts of racism, vandalism and theft in the aftermath of a match.

Scum. To a fucking man.

Archived