Thistle vs Rangers - Friday night fun with da ****

25 years ago Rangers almost got to the Champions League final.

10 years ago they got to the UEFA Cup Final

Nowadays the Did-dies steal flags because they can't beat 10 man Thistle 

Rot in pieces

FTOF

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6000 fans singing about killing people because of their religious beliefs.
Invade pitch for second game in a row.
Throw large missile at Thistle player.
At least 70 seats wrecked in the JHS.
Break into stadium and steal at least 3 supporters group flags.

Comment from Firhill: zero

It's one thing to give the home stand to them to maximise income, quite another to save money by not providing sufficient security. There should be no away fans in the North Stand. Any that get in should be ejected.

Outside, before the game, it's quite common to see people who have no idea where they are (literally and metaphorically) being directed to the North Stand by the stewards. Clearly not home fans. Even the guy who runs the Thistle shop stands in the NS and openly cheers Rangers.

If criminal damage is being done in the JHS then action must be taken. 70 seats!

I expect that our flags will reappear amongst the away support on Tuesday in pieces. 

The club need to get a grip. The revenue from Rangers fans is not free money. The club have a duty of care and must police these matches properly, whatever the cost. Tuesday could be ugly.

Perhaps when adequate stewarding and policing costs are factored in, giving them the JHS might not be quite so beneficial.

Stand up now Thistle. Give the JHS back to your fans. f**k the £blue.

6000 fans singing about killing people because of their religious beliefs.
Invade pitch for second game in a row.
Throw large missile at Thistle player.
At least 70 seats wrecked in the JHS.
Break into stadium and steal at least 3 supporters group flags.

Comment from Firhill: zero

Silence on the flags in particular would be a disgrace.

8 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

It's one thing to give the home stand to them to maximise income, quite another to save money by not providing sufficient security. There should be no away fans in the North Stand. Any that get in should be ejected.

Outside, before the game, it's quite common to see people who have no idea where they are (literally and metaphorically) being directed to the North Stand by the stewards. Clearly not home fans. Even the guy who runs the Thistle shop stands in the NS and openly cheers Rangers.

If criminal damage is being done in the JHS then action must be taken. 70 seats!

I expect that our flags will reappear amongst the away support on Tuesday in pieces. 

The club need to get a grip. The revenue from Rangers fans is not free money. The club have a duty of care and must police these matches properly, whatever the cost. Tuesday could be ugly.

Perhaps when adequate stewarding and policing costs are factored in, giving them the JHS might not be quite so beneficial.

Stand up now Thistle. Give the JHS back to your fans. f**k the £blue.

Well said. 

Every club outside Celtic and The Rangers should put pressure on their respective boards to put their own club first.

Remember, lads, it's only a minority of them. I mean, look at all the decent Rangers fans coming out to condemn the racism, theft and general disgusting actions of their fellow supporters on Friday night...

Oh, wait a minute.

I saw one of the flags get nicked. Was about twenty minutes after full time and wee shite strolled into North Stand, nabbed a flag and then ran out. Absolute f**k up as kid was long gone by time anyone started chasing after him.

I've stopped going to any of the home games against the Old Firm because the club have clearly given up any interest in ensuring our fans are put first.

I used to be the first to slate the likes of Killie and St Mirren for selling out to the Old Firm, but we're the absolute worst for it now.

'Not so cuddly anymore'

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Remember, lads, it's only a minority of them. I mean, look at all the decent Rangers fans coming out to condemn the racism, theft and general disgusting actions of their fellow supporters on Friday night...

Oh, wait a minute.

KnightswoodBear might be nursing a hangover right now, give him time.

I've stopped going to any of the home games against the Old Firm because the club have clearly given up any interest in ensuring our fans are put first.
I used to be the first to slate the likes of Killie and St Mirren for selling out to the Old Firm, but we're the absolute worst for it now.
'Not so cuddly anymore'

As someone who's been going to Firhill since the 1970s, I fully appreciate that after incidents like this tempers are raised as well as tempers. Therefore, it's vital that our club provide a rational focussed response to the obvious mistakes that were made in the stewarding/policing of Friday nights' game.
Instead of being proactive Thistle as usual, when trouble comes calling are notable for their deafening silence. As others have said the club have a duty of care to their own support: which certainly includes providing a safe environment for all supporters to enjoy the game. I would certainly think twice about allowing any kids of mine to attend the game on Tuesday evening. In fairness, I was unable to go on Friday: so, the only accounts I have are second hand at best.
It does seem however that as usual the approach from Thistle was characterised by bumbling and inefficiency. They have the opportunity to rectify this.

As someone who's been going to Firhill since the 1970s, I fully appreciate that after incidents like this tempers are raised as well as tempers. Therefore, it's vital that our club provide a rational focussed response to the obvious mistakes that were made in the stewarding/policing of Friday nights' game.
Instead of being proactive Thistle as usual, when trouble comes calling are notable for their deafening silence. As others have said the club have a duty of care to their own support: which certainly includes providing a safe environment for all supporters to enjoy the game. I would certainly think twice about allowing any kids of mine to attend the game on Tuesday evening. In fairness, I was unable to go on Friday: so, the only accounts I have are second hand at best.
It does seem however that as usual the approach from Thistle was characterised by bumbling and inefficiency. They have the opportunity to rectify this.

You had stewards letting Rangers fans get right up near the North Stand before kick off and hitting out with their usual paedo jokes at anyone they thought they could get a rise out of. I understand letting them sing their sectarian shite in the ground as they've CCTV to then go and make arrests if that's what they're intending to do but you've got weans with their da's being subjected to jokes about child abuse and nobody's bothering their arse doing anything about it.

I don't go to games against Rangers or Celtic for exactly these reasons - our board are incapable of keeping them out of our end and I have no wish to subject myself that that environment. Our board need to get a grip of themselves and adopt a more heavy handed stewarding approach.

The amount of times our board are apologists for Sevco though...it makes you wonder...

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

The last time we spoke up about Rangers was last season when we complained about only playing them once at Firhill before the split.

The stance we take on the **** is - feet apart and arse cheeks spread.

The time before that, Beattie was getting horny at the prospect of the new Rangers being shoehorned into the then First Division.

Archived