ICT v Livi

We are utterly abysmal and need to steel up for a relegation battle.

We've signed some of the worst players ever to take the field for us. Thankfully I won't be at many games due to having to prepare our house for a new arrival, perfect timing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb result for us today and in the end very well deserved. 

Despite inverness fans clear frustration and understandably so I actually thought in the first half they had been the best team we'd came up against, passing was nice and crisp and the first team we've came up against that ran all over our midfield. 

Was a strange line up for us but I'll never question Hoppy again, Toddy playing centre back was superb, scored one, set one up and played in three positions, CB, RB and the CF, brilliant effort from the lad.

Playing Robinson infront of Jacobs too was I thought strange but again he's scored a goal. 

Inverness crumbled when we went ahead for the 2nd time, that if I was an ICT fan would be my biggest concern. 

In the end we could've won by more, delighted with that win and another 3 points. 

Bring on the Hibees :P

3-1 defeat at home is unacceptable, I would hope the search for new players is stepped up. Robbo should now have a clear picture of where our squad is and its obvious it falls short of anything worth building a new team around capable of challenging for promotion or play off either this season or in the future.

We need a vast improvement now.

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

3-1 defeat at home is unacceptable, I would hope the search for new players is stepped up. Robbo should now have a clear picture of where our squad is and its obvious it falls short of anything worth building a new team around capable of challenging for promotion or play off either this season or in the future.

We need a vast improvement now.

I thought ICT had already brought in quite a few players, all depends on if there's money there

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like we've dodged a bullet by ending up with Alexander instead of Ridgers.

Good win, maybe I should bet on us to draw more often :lol:

100% was thinking this, seem to be hearing only bad things about him

We are utterly abysmal and need to steel up for a relegation battle.

We've signed some of the worst players ever to take the field for us. Thankfully I won't be at many games due to having to prepare our house for a new arrival, perfect timing.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Superb result for us today and in the end very well deserved. 

Despite inverness fans clear frustration and understandably so I actually thought in the first half they had been the best team we'd came up against, passing was nice and crisp and the first team we've came up against that ran all over our midfield. 

Was a strange line up for us but I'll never question Hoppy again, Toddy playing centre back was superb, scored one, set one up and played in three positions, CB, RB and the CF, brilliant effort from the lad.

Playing Robinson infront of Jacobs too was I thought strange but again he's scored a goal. 

Inverness crumbled when we went ahead for the 2nd time, that if I was an ICT fan would be my biggest concern. 

In the end we could've won by more, delighted with that win and another 3 points. 

Bring on the Hibees :P

I was wondering why  Toddy was played in defence when we'd signed McMillan on loan for cover there but Hoppy has got it spot on again. Toddy has played there before and it was less of a change than bringing in a new player (albeit that is his position), but he brought on McMillan later on to blood him in there when we looked a bit more comfortable. Big Toddy is a great player to have with all the positions he can play, also liking Robinson, looks a good goal threat for us too, think that's his 3rd goal now.

Another great victory for us today , made the long trip and very glad I did. First half I thought Inverness were good , good movement and crowded s lot of players into our midfield , they always had 1 or 2 extra men in midfield. Second half we were terrific , toddy played very well , halkett and Lithgow were solid , byrne and Pittman covered everywhere second half. Danny was his usual harassing there defence , josh and jacko had good second halfs to. Outstanding result I really enjoy watching this team play

Dearie me, a total feckin shambles by the sound of it.

Something needs to be done right away, 4 points from a possible 18 is a feckin joke and makes a mockery of the boards pre season statement that their main focus was on getting the club immediately back up into the premier league, if this continues, as it may, we will be looking at a relegation battle and we had enough of that shite last season

The board needs to address the situation instead of messing with young fans, which by the amount of time they spent in composing daft statements and bringing media disrepute to the club seems to be the area where they felt their full attention was required when obviously  it should be focused to whats happening on the park.

John Robertson should be given no more than three more games to return positive results.

If not...............................................................................................................Adios.

Another typical ICT performance from this season showcasing perfectly why we will continue to struggle - a porous, error strewn defence and an utterly toothless attack. We're currently conceding about 2 goals per game on average and our attack simply isn't good enough to get three goals. We're not in the Paterson days any more.

Whilst not really knowing much about Livi or their players individually I was really impressed with (cliche alert) how well organised they were. Whilst we had a lot of the ball we seldom seemed to trouble Livi who looked really comfortable sitting back a wee bit, inviting us on to them and trying to get us to break them down. We did create a couple of excellent chances to score but this tended to be the exception rather than the norm. For the majority of the game Livi defended well and easily kept us at bay. In the first few moments Vigurs played in Baird who shot right at the keeper and in the second half Polworth cut in from the flank and drove a ball across goal evading Bell and Baird. These were perhaps the best chances we created during the course of the game. Even the goal by Bell was somewhat fortunate as, looking at the highlights, it seems to be more of a cross than anything else.

The three Livi goals had all the classic hallmarks of ICT defending this season. Got a set piece to take? We don't defend it. Fancy whipping a cross into the box? We won't clear it properly. The opener was actually quite well worked by the Livi players in the box who pulled their markers (Warren and Trafford) all over the place and they ended up  running into each other freeing up Todorov to side foot in the first. The second, as mentioned above, comes from us failing to deal with a cross and Warren being asleep and standing much further back than the rest of his defence playing the Livi guy onside. Whilst the third, although another fantastic strike, is the result of even more atrocious defending from a set piece.

Warren.thumb.png.86f81bd801ac411b87278a4c6382ed40.png

There were few bright spots for ICT yesterday. The midfield trio of Polworth, Vigurs and Trafford were reasonable enough but Vigurs and Trafford faded badly late into the second half. Bell, despite an energetic start, also dropped off as the game went on with very little going right for him when he tried to beat his man. Cooper was non existent, the defence all over the place again whilst up front Baird certainly works hard but seldom seems to be in the right place at the right time to put the ball in the net or fluffs a great chance. He reminds me of Mckay when he first signed for us. Sadly for ICT, Baird is not in his early twenties and we need him to be much more clinical now rather than after a season as we had with Mckay.

With each passing week the faint hope I had for us sneaking into the playoffs in 4th diminishes a little bit more and its clear that supporters are largely starting to drift away already. A shade over 2,000 fans yesterday should set bells ringing at the club. Last season our average attendance was something like 3,800 and whilst we won't enjoy the large away crowds this season as had in previous years its clear that several hundred home fans have deserted ICT since the summer. It really doesn't bode well for the future. 

Archived