ICT v Livi

3 tough looking games for us in a row coming up, first up a trip to Inverness, then Hibs away in the cup followed by Falkirk away. 

Think this is an important game for us, we've been competitive in every game this season and arguably could have maximum points, fact is we don't. 

We will need to be far more clinical infront of goal in order to get anywhere in this league and cut out the silly mistakes that are costing us goals, this isn't league 1 we are in where you can get away with a mistake here and there.

I see no reason why we can't go up to Inverness and win, this is the type of game that will suit us, we can sit in a little bit, soak up the pressure and hit on the break, we are set up perfectly to play away football, and so far in league and cup games that's showed.

First trip up to Inverness for a good few years, if I'm right the last time we played in Inverness was 2006 ? I may be wrong. 

Looking forward to it anyway, fingers crossed for a result. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2017 at 09:30, andylivi1 said:

3 tough looking games for us in a row coming up, first up a trip to Inverness, then Hibs away in the cup followed by Falkirk away. 

Think this is an important game for us, we've been competitive in every game this season and arguably could have maximum points, fact is we don't. 

We will need to be far more clinical infront of goal in order to get anywhere in this league and cut out the silly mistakes that are costing us goals, this isn't league 1 we are in where you can get away with a mistake here and there.

I see no reason why we can't go up to Inverness and win, this is the type of game that will suit us, we can sit in a little bit, soak up the pressure and hit on the break, we are set up perfectly to play away football, and so far in league and cup games that's showed.

First trip up to Inverness for a good few years, if I'm right the last time we played in Inverness was 2006 ? I may be wrong. 

Looking forward to it anyway, fingers crossed for a result. 

I'm not sure when it was but I remember attending games up here and at your ground when you were flying high with the likes of Barry Wilson, David Bingham and that marvelous defender Marvin Andrews, I recall saying to Stevie Paterson how I would love to have Andrews with us but he reminded me that you guys were paying in the region of £1200 for your top boys and we were on a few hundred. Changed days for both of us right now.

When was that cracking cup game when the scoring see sawed back and forth and you eventually won 4 -3. That was a great game at your ground.

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

When was that cracking cup game when the scoring see sawed back and forth and you eventually won 4 -3. That was a great game at your ground.

Are you not thinking of the league match? Basically a 2nd Division title decider and the goals are up on YouTube.

Think that was the game we took off Bingham at HT, thinking we had the game won at 4-1 up, then you came back in the 2nd half and we were hanging on by our toenails to win 4-3. I was over sitting in the East stand with the sun in my eyes. Just look at all those fans too, all gone now.:(

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think that was the game we took off Bingham at HT, thinking we had the game won at 4-1 up, then you came back in the 2nd half and we were hanging on by our toenails to win 4-3. I was over sitting in the East stand with the sun in my eyes. Just look at all those fans too, all gone now.:(

It was a great game of football that day, a great advert for the game.

Sad how it turned out for you and it could be the way we're going too, hopefully not.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was a great game of football that day, a great advert for the game.

Sad how it turned out for you and it could be the way we're going too, hopefully not.

That was probably the last of the grand day out events when so many joined in for something akin to a works outing.

It was a great day and without clicking on the video, i think I recall Iain Stewart making his comeback after ages out injured.

It is interesting to see the see saw of our respective fortunes since then.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

That was probably the last of the grand day out events when so many joined in for something akin to a works outing.

It was a great day and without clicking on the video, i think I recall Iain Stewart making his comeback after ages out injured.

It is interesting to see the see saw of our respective fortunes since then.

Wee Stewartie scored the third for us in front of over 6,000, last I heard he was a driving instructor in Aberdeen, that was some years back and he's maybe moved on since then.

Livingston as a club has evolved over the years in various guises and name changes, Ferranti Thistle - Meadowbank Thistle to the present club.

Two Caley players I remember from that time were Charlie Christie and Ross Tokely. Christie always seemed to score against us and Tokely was like man mountain mowing down players as they tried to get forward. 

Good times! 

Its probably my age but it did seem there was a lot more sportsmanship in those games. Not so much diving in the area; moving throw ins 10 yards up the line and running in front of the ball to stop the free kick being taken quickly.

Mind you it also seemed that the standard of refereeing was that much better; but few tolerated any arguing anyway.

Or maybe I'm only remembering the good ones.

16 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Its probably my age but it did seem there was a lot more sportsmanship in those games. Not so much diving in the area; moving throw ins 10 yards up the line and running in front of the ball to stop the free kick being taken quickly.

Mind you it also seemed that the standard of refereeing was that much better; but few tolerated any arguing anyway.

Or maybe I'm only remembering the good ones.

Look, it was lower leagues football and it was blue sky days when we went in to every game thinking we would win it, and I'm not looking back through rose tinted specs or wallowing in nostalgia, as each game nowadays is a maybe.

And Orco you are right it was good times for both teams as we built forward.

Hopefully we can recover those good times.

I would absolutely love it if both clubs were back at the levels we were at between 1996ish to the turn of the century. Excellent days and some of my first memories of football in West Lothian.

Sadly I can't see that happening any time soon, which is a fairly damning indictment of both our respective paths over the years. Disappointed that I can't make it up on Saturday, have driven past the ground loads of times on the way to Dingwall but never actually visited. :lol: Not quite a must win for us yet, but one we should be looking to take something from.

Archived