Championship 11 and where would they finish in the top flight.

16 hours ago, Cowshed said:

why do opposition fans have such hatred towards him getting booed when he's on the ball:)

Couple of reasons: firstly, he's a dangerous player and they hope the boos will put him off his stride. I'm not saying that's not stupid, but it's the way these things work. 

Secondly, he's a bit of a WUM and plays with a bit of swagger. See the way he was in Jack Baird's face after winning the penalty against us. It's natural that opposing fans will see that sort of behaviour and want to boo the guy responsible.

Just for absolute clarity, I actually completely approve of players who are committed to entertain, who get in opponents' faces, and who strut around a wee bit. We need more personalities in the game; it's just they will naturally attract boos as well. 

The time to worry is when you've not got a player that gets booed.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Couple of reasons: firstly, he's a dangerous player and they hope the boos will put him off his stride. I'm not saying that's not stupid, but it's the way these things work.

Secondly, he's a bit of a WUM and plays with a bit of swagger. See the way he was in Jack Baird's face after winning the penalty against us. It's natural that opposing fans will see that sort of behaviour and want to boo the guy responsible.

Just for absolute clarity, I actually completely approve of players who are committed to entertain, who get in opponents' faces, and who strut around a wee bit. We need more personalities in the game; it's just they will naturally attract boos as well.

The boy knows he's good hence why he acts the way he does I suppose! I must say if he was in the opposition team id have a boo at him lol

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Agree with that. There was a St Mirren supporter criticising him on here for his celebration. That's part of the reason why I f*cking like the boy. He's good, has a lot of potential, and he knows it. I can't remember having seen a player like Quitongo for us in my lifetime. He laps up the boo's as well. QOS supporters were booing him as he got substituted on Saturday. He turns around and applauds the entire stadium :lol:

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Agree with that. There was a St Mirren supporter criticising him on here for his celebration. That's part of the reason why I f*cking like the boy. He's good, has a lot of potential, and he knows it. I can't remember having seen a player like Quitongo for us in my lifetime. He laps up the boo's as well. QOS supporters were booing him as he got substituted on Saturday. He turns around and applauds the entire stadium :lol:

:lol: See, that's what every team needs.  I'd be in there, booing him like f**k, but enjoying myself too. There's nothing worse than those folk who discover sensibilities they never knew they had as soon as a footballer who's been given dog's abuse for 90 minutes then gives it the GIRFUY as he scores a last minute winner (word salad, but I can't be arsed to rewrite it).

Someone was asking a few weeks back, who was the last Morton player that Saints fans hated. The honest answer was there hadn't been one for years, because you were too shit for us to care. It'd be great for everyone involved if you've finally got one :P

On 19/09/2017 at 11:23, Coventry Saint said:

:lol: See, that's what every team needs.  I'd be in there, booing him like f**k, but enjoying myself too. There's nothing worse than those folk who discover sensibilities they never knew they had as soon as a footballer who's been given dog's abuse for 90 minutes then gives it the GIRFUY as he scores a last minute winner (word salad, but I can't be arsed to rewrite it).

Someone was asking a few weeks back, who was the last Morton player that Saints fans hated. The honest answer was there hadn't been one for years, because you were too shit for us to care. It'd be great for everyone involved if you've finally got one :P

I've always known Morton teams to be too nice. We've had Dougie Imrie as the only real panto villain in recent years. No Jim Goodwins. 

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

I've always known Morton teams to be too nice. We've had Dougie Imrie as the only real panto villain in recent years. No Jim Goodwins. 

I think it's safe to say Goodwin was as panto villain-esque as it was possible to get, certainly while we were still in the SPL. He certainly played up to it. 

8 hours ago, Finch road said:

3ee8982b0dad1801debb9b4a240bc228.jpg

He's behind you! No he isn't, he fucked off after a few months/as soon as he could and never wants to come back.

• 2 weeks later...
The boy knows he's good hence why he acts the way he does I suppose! I must say if he was in the opposition team id have a boo at him lol

I enjoy watching him, and appreciate he has talent (there i said it) He's a wind up merchant which lots of people cannot take at football.

He hears abuse turns winks/blows kisses/laughs in the direction of the abuser which makes their blood vessels pop it's a hoot. As much as I enjoy that I'd rather not see him demolish my team ever again so hopefully we are working on how to deal with him.

Few questions for Ton fans about him:

What age is he?

Was he born in Scotland and if so has he been involved in the international set up at any point?

Is there any speculation of clubs interested in him?

What length of contract does he have?

What sort of level do you think he can go to?

13 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

I enjoy watching him, and appreciate he has talent (there i said it) He's a wind up merchant which lots of people cannot take at football.

He hears abuse turns winks/blows kisses/laughs in the direction of the abuser which makes their blood vessels pop it's a hoot. As much as I enjoy that I'd rather not see him demolish my team ever again so hopefully we are working on how to deal with him.

Few questions for Ton fans about him:

What age is he?

Was he born in Scotland and if so has he been involved in the international set up at any point?

Is there any speculation of clubs interested in him?

What length of contract does he have?

What sort of level do you think he can go to?

20 years of age

Wishaw he was born and yes Scotland under 21s he has been involved with

knocked back an offer from Doncaster Rovers last year, other than that just rumours of numerous clubs interested

his contract runs out summer 2018

If he can calm down the injuries then he has a bright future ahead of him with the power & speed he has at his advantage. his best option is following Leigh Griffiths going to a Scottish Prem club and showing his ability at that level and hopefully moving forward

Archived