Championship 11 and where would they finish in the top flight.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Tam O'Ware and Jai Quitongo are a must, you could probably put Andy Murdoch in there as well.

Can't believe someone actually suggested Gary Mackenzie, or even worse "Super" Stelios... :lol:

Could make a case for Stelios. Scored more league goals from fullback than 'must inclusion' Quitongo last season, in fewer games.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Could make a case for Stelios. Scored more league goals from fullback than 'must inclusion' Quitongo last season, in fewer games.

And he's Froxy's mate. To be honest I'm seething with myself for not including him for that reason alone.

On 10/09/2017 at 11:00, parsforlife said:

Gallagher and murdoch are comfortably better, samson and ridgers you would have slightly ahead and martin is on the same level of mediocrity the likes of smith occupy.

Ridgers is one of the worst players I have seen for us this season and I've seen Joe Chalmers.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

You are correct. 

Quitongo wouldn't be in my top 3 strikers at this level yet.

Saying that though he didn't score against St Mirren but was still pretty much the difference on the day. If he scored into double figures this season I'd be delighted. He's not even 20 yet with a handful of first team games after transitioning from winger to centre forwardlast season.

11 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Tam O'Ware and Jai Quitongo are a must, you could probably put Andy Murdoch in there as well.

Can't believe someone actually suggested Gary Mackenzie, or even worse "Super" Stelios... :lol:

This is the same Quitongo who has scored 2 goals in his entire senior career? And MacKenzie is playing for the team at the top of the League which shows his class and has scored 5 League goals for us last season. And Stelios has scored double the amount of League goals as Quitongo from a full back position in only a few months.

I understand you must be hurting now that normal service has resumed. :)

:lol:

Steady there chief. You'll not impress any ladies blowing your load that early.

Quitongo single handedly sworded St Mirren and didn't even need to put the ball in the net himself.

24 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

This is the same Quitongo who has scored 2 goals in his entire senior career? And MacKenzie is playing for the team at the top of the League which shows his class and has scored 5 League goals for us last season. And Stelios has scored double the amount of League goals as Quitongo from a full back position in only a few months.

The same Quitongo who terrorised a defence containing Super Stelios and Mackenzie every single time he ran at them, resulting in a penalty and a sending off ending in a very comfortable 4-1 win for the 'ton. Tam O'Ware scored 12 or so goals last season, which going by your theory makes him a superior defender. 

In terms of natural ability Quitongo would be straight in. I'm not sure we actually know what he is yet though. Is he a natural goalscorer? Nope. A targetman? Nope. An out and out winger? Not really. A number ten? Maybe. A second striker kind of guy, again maybe.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but he seems pretty unique based on my brief viewings. The sort of guy you need to build a team around.

Feel free to disagree Morton fans and tell me he's a conventional [                ] and that I'm clueless.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

In terms of natural ability Quitongo would be straight in. I'm not sure we actually know what he is yet though. Is he a natural goalscorer? Nope. A targetman? Nope. An out and out winger? Not really. A number ten? Maybe. A second striker kind of guy, again maybe.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but he seems pretty unique based on my brief viewings. The sort of guy you need to build a team around.

Feel free to disagree Morton fans and tell me he's a conventional [                ] and that I'm clueless.

He's a speedy battering ram but wee-built like a Henrik Larsson. Not a reflection on his ability, just his gait is a bit similar except he's strong as an ox.

Not a goalscorer yet although he scored some toppers last season before his injury. A run of games and some confidence will sort that out.

We play him as a number 9 I suppose but he carries the ball out wide then just runs past or through people. Strange but effective player.

38 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

The same Quitongo who terrorised a defence containing Super Stelios and Mackenzie every single time he ran at them, resulting in a penalty and a sending off ending in a very comfortable 4-1 win for the 'ton. Tam O'Ware scored 12 or so goals last season, which going by your theory makes him a superior defender. 

We were handed a lesson; not sure we've learned from it yet. Jack Baird still has the potential to lose his head and I think our defence will remain suspect until Davis and Smith are back.

My point remains, though: whether Stelios gets in a league XI or not is up for debate, but the idea is far from laughable. 

37 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

As I have posted elsewhere MacKenzie was taken off concussed in the demolition of Falkirk. But him being a naughty boy did not tell the manager that he had not recovered and passed himself fit to play in Greenock where he had a nightmare of a game. He has not played since due to the Club giving him plenty of time to recover from a hard head injury. Hence his woeful display. It was a bad day at the Office that day and I would not judge us on that performance.

I was comparing the fact that our defenders score more goals than Quitongo. I think the lad has potential but he has still to realise it as his scoring record for a main striker demonstrates. We have 3 defenders who have scored the same number of goals as Quitongo this season and 4 other players who have all scored more. He is nowhere near the starting line-up for a best of Championship team.

59 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

He's scored 8 goals in his career from 27 starts and 13 sub appearances, with a few of those appearances being as a winger as well. His finishing is something that has to improve but his scoring record isn't as bad as it's made out to be and his all round game is tremendous; it's not like he's a penalty box centre forward who can't contribute anything but goals.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I've worded that terribly but you know what I mean :lol:

I get you. Forwards need to contribute a while lot more these days. That's why we've been so impressed with Gavin Reilly so far. He's harassing defences no end as shown again in our 1st and 3rd goals on Saturday. 

Archived