Championship 11 and where would they finish in the top flight.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Ridgers...

I think it's safe to discount your opinion.

Just to be clear Rodgers and Samson aren't great keepers, they are however capable of putting in strong performances.

Martin hasn't shown anything to impress beyond not being a diddy such as gaston or Gallagher (the Dumbarton one, not the ex Scotland internationalist who in my previous post my hungover brain had mistaken with Alexander for the Livingston keeper.)

Just to be clear Rodgers and Samson aren't great keepers, they are however capable of putting in strong performances.

Martin hasn't shown anything to impress beyond not being a diddy such as gaston or Gallagher (the Dumbarton one, not the ex Scotland internationalist who in my previous post my hungover brain had mistaken with Alexander for the Livingston keeper.)

Martin swept up pretty much every award at our POTY do last year. Now I know we're hardly world beaters, but you don't do that by being on the same level as guys who are regularly considered diddies on here and berated by their own fans.

Having seen him and Scott Gallacher both for us this year, Martin is vastly, vastly superior. In a different league even, and I probably like Gallacher more than most of our fans.

Ridgers better than Martin :lol:

Alexander is clearly the best in the division but Martin is probably the second best. He's comfortably ahead of bang average players like Murdoch and bombscares like Ridgers anyway. Ridgers is an absolute joke of a goalkeeper who should be nowhere near this level.

Just me then that's never been particularly impressed with Alexander? He's decent but I don't think he's anything special. He had a good season at Hearts when they were promoted but not so good that they didn't prefer to go with Jack Hamilton.

Martin was the best keeper I saw play against us last season. He's been carrying an injury for most of this season and was ill yesterday. He hasn't actually had much to do when he has played. The young keeper at Dundee United was exceptional against us earlier this season but as it's the only time I've seen him I don't know how typical it is?

Otherwise, I wouldn't swap Martin for anyone else at this level.

Harry Davis is far too good for this level. Many will not be familiar with him just now as he had been out with a long term injury since March but this guy is the real deal as a central defender. He should be back playing in October. And Gary MacKenzie is also an excellent centre back who regularly scores. (I know he had a nightmare game at Cappielow but he was suffering from concussion before the game started and should not have played - Jack was not al all pleased.)

Stephen McGinn to captain the side - again too good for this level. Lewis Morgan - enough said. And Gavin Reilly has been on fire since he joined us.

Other contenders from the Buds would be Stelios - a full back who attacks and scores and Cammy Smith who runs tirelessly behind a front man and chips in with more than his fair share of goals. And Ian McShane who improves every game.

Difficult for me to really comment too much about other players as yet as no-one in the Falkirk or Utd teams impressed when we played them. In fact they were incredibly disappointing. Livi put up a good performance and their two centre backs looked good as did Mullen. But Alexander was their best player and best keeper I have seen so far. Polworth for ICT did a very good job. O'Ware is good and Russell impressed. I like Quitongo but he needs to add goals to his game so would only have him on the bench. 

Dobbie has to be the main striker. Sibbald is good but playing in a poor team just now. Dunfermline have a couple of decent players but as yet I haven't seen them this season - can comment better after Saturday.

I'll name a full team after watching everyone once but I reckon the Championship could easily put together a squad that would stay up in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I'd say so. Unless Lewis is any good?

Harry Lewis is very good, I'm seriously struggling to think of a goal that we have conceded that had been down to him.  I had real reservations about playing a 19 year old in goal but after a handful of games have lost such reservations.  My only concern is that he gets pissed off at our comical defending and wants away at Christmas.

Archived