Ayr Utd vs Alloa Athletic

Moving swiftly on from today which was a really good performance with a shite result. Alloa are pretty low down on the table but still only 2 points behind us so we need to win this one.

With Higgins suspended it adds further to the list of players that are unavailable. Although it can't belong until Adams is back can't it?

Either way we're still down to the bare bones but we can be confident of a win if we play like we did today.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The septic home support to hurl abuse at a nervy young Ayr team from the off, Alloa to take the lead through a weak effort in to the middle of the Ayr goal after a defensive mix up, Ayr to equalise midway through the second half and hang on for a point. 

I'm sure the crowd will be very supportive and patient with the team even if they go behind.

Great bunch of guys

Assuming no one other than Forrest will be back for this? Any ideas how far away Adams is?

Would just go for the same starting team again.

Adams can't be far off now. It will have been 6 weeks next Saturday since his injury.

Think Boyle and Moore still have another week to go and Docherty has 2 more.

The bigger worry is Higgins tbh. If he's out then Reid will need to drop in next to Rose, Geggan go to RB and Gilmour will play alongside Crawford

Adams can't be far off now. It will have been 6 weeks next Saturday since his injury.

Think Boyle and Moore still have another week to go and Docherty has 2 more.

The bigger worry is Higgins tbh. If he's out then Reid will need to drop in next to Rose, Geggan go to RB and Gilmour will play alongside Crawford

Ahh shit completely forgot about that - that central midfield is far too weak - one of the 20's players to hopefully play full back on one side with Ferguson on the other.

If Crane is still out injured and Goodwin not wanting to risk Graham then I imagine it will be Hetherington at LB with Meggatt and McKeown at CB. I take it Hoggan is injured as well? I think I heard someone mention it on Saturday. Also wonder if it will be a rare start for Thomas Grant as well?

Hopefully Big Renton can kick on now and get more goals.

I think most Alloa fans expect this to be a tough game considering the injuries the small squad is carrying and I would bite your hand off for a draw.

2-2 McKeown and Renton.

Archived