The Spiders v The mighty Raith

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first game of the season - thought the scoreline was harsh on QP. I felt they shaded possession and territory for the 50 or so minutes between our 2nd and 3rd goals but the 3rd really knocked the stuffing out of them. That said, despite them being in the ascendancy for that spell, they never really threatened too much to score, our defence did a good job of keeping them to the wings or to the middle of the park and never really letting them in behind. I know he is a marmite player but I thought Davidson looked good, some decent headers on potentially dangerous balls and always looking to poke a toe in and take the ball away from an opponent. I agree with others, 10 and 3 were their stand out players. Up top though we obviously have that x factor that other teams in this league won't have and that should win us plenty of points. Teams are going to have to really dominate us or defend amazing well to keep us off the scoresheet so we are likely to keep picking up points, even when performance levels drop a bit. I thought at the time that after Vaughan took his touch it should have been keepers ball and he shat it a bit, video hasn't really changed my mind although he might have been wary of the potential for a pen/red card if he messed it up. Some lovely through balls to set up goals 2 and 4 and nice lay off for the last goal.

Archived