The Spiders v The mighty Raith

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This'll be a tricky one given Benedictus is out. If McHattie is back, then I'd imagine we'll have Euan Murray in the middle. The majority of Rovers fans will know very little about Queens. The only player I recognise is Ross Millen who was at Dunfermline. I'm sure McPherson will have them well drilled and organised. The last time we played at Hampden on league duty was the day we (unexpectedly) won the league. The last time we played Queens Park saw the first career goal for Lewis Vaughan. Hopefully he carries it on. 

I was under the impression McHattie has a similar injury to last season and would be out for a few weeks, although hopefully that isn't the case. If so, we'll need a fair rejig at the back.

Ideally we need a player in, but considering budgetary constraints I'm not sure how feasible that is.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's been a while. Very fond memories of us winning the league at Hampden when it was still Division 2. 

Which train station is it again? 

Central to Mount Vernon.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/sr1705_a5_lanarkshire_compiled.pdf

Really looking forward to this game already. Home game for me and a good selection of pubs around Battlefield Road - and cheers to the Spiders on the QP thread with the info about the supporters club! Our plan is to go to Armstrongs on Battlefield road and then head to the supporters club at lesser Hampden closer to kick off (for Rovers fans that aren't familiar with the area Armstrongs is a popular Tartan Army pub, lots of big screens, good priced beer, two pool tables, friendly staff etc. - 10 minute walk to Hampden/mount florida station).

As for the game, the fact we will have a very make-shift defence is not ideal at all. That said, we are looking very strong in midfield and our front line is on fire - I think (hope) that we should therefore have enough to score our way to three points. The big pitch should really suit us and playing at Hampden is bound to give the players a lift (do QP fans feel that is a constant disadvantage, i.e. the 'cup final' effect due to the ground?). 

That day when we won the league was brilliant, let's hope ourselves and Ayr pick up similar results (if i'm not mistaken they were playing Alloa that day who they are also playing this weekend?).

2 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Mount Florida train station is across the road from Hampden.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Sorry chaps, it was a joke from a now long forgotten thread when we played QP previously. Possibly the day we won the league, right enough. 

I shall slink off now, having failed. 

Archived