Pars vs St Mirren

36 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Nothing to prove to Dunfemline fans i agree. Its your manager and coaches Reilly has a point to prove. 

He hardly has anything to prove to anyone. He had a successful spell under Allan Johnston at QotS so he knew all about him before bringing him in on loan. 

Some Saints fans seem to think he'll be coming back with some kind of vengeance, but it's just a player coming up against a team at which he was recently on loan. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reilly, like pretty much every striker on the planet, thrives on confidence. Whatever happened at both Hearts and Dunfermline his confidence clearly took a dunt.

He's re-found it in Paisley and he's flying. You could say the same for Cammy Smith too who had sort of lost his way a bit.

Jack just seems to be able to get the best out of players and that is why he'll go on to manage much bigger clubs than St.Mirren and be a huge success IMO.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday but I'll have to be content with watching on my phone as some selfish bastard has decided to get married on Saturday.

Should be an interesting clash of styles. Pars can hump teams in terms of scoreline but still have less possession and have people saying we "didn't play that well". I'd expect St Mirren to knock the ball about well and look like a decent team but nobody has coped with our counterattacking flair at East End. The new surface is perfect for it. We can sacrifice the midfield and give the other teams long spells of possession but it only takes one slip and Cardle is bearing down on goal. Very tough to call - no scoreline would be that surprising here. 

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Should be an interesting clash of styles. Pars can hump teams in terms of scoreline but still have less possession and have people saying we "didn't play that well". I'd expect St Mirren to knock the ball about well and look like a decent team but nobody has coped with our counterattacking flair at East End. The new surface is perfect for it. We can sacrifice the midfield and give the other teams long spells of possession but it only takes one slip and Cardle is bearing down on goal. Very tough to call - no scoreline would be that surprising here. 

Both teams will be counter-attacking on Saturday then. Thus it will end 0-0 as both teams will sit back and wait on the other :lol:

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Ah. That might be a problem. We have three speed merchants up front so tend to give away possession and sit back then when most of the opposition is in our half we start a Calvary charge with everyone streaming forward. If you play the same way they everyone sits back and we have a 0-0 draw or we take turns to attack and we run out 5-6 winners.

Just now, NorthBank said:

Ah. That might be a problem. We have three speed merchants up front so tend to give away possession and sit back then when most of the opposition is in our half we start a Calvary charge with everyone streaming forward. If you play the same way they everyone sits back and we have a 0-0 draw or we take turns to attack and we run out 5-6 winners.

East End is long and the new surface is fantastic. A big part of us scoring so many is that the players have the confidence to zip the ball about now without fear of bobbles etc. 

Last week most Pars fans were saying we'd be happy with any two from the four strikers starting. Young Callum Smith had been excellent but made way for the more senior Clark/McManus combination. We maybe lost something not having Smith on as apart from his goal threat he links up play well and runs defenders ragged.

Everything going wrong after Talbot going off on Saturday was similar to us chucking our lead against Falkirk late last season. Our first 11 is very strong but the strength in depth up front is not matched elsewhere. 

On 9/10/2017 at 03:33, Shandon Par said:

It will be nice for Gav if he can score his first ever league goal at East End Park.

I expect St Mirren will look like the better team but the new playing surface and long pitch has seen us score a lot of goals on the break. 

0-0 shitfest.

10 minutes ago, Div said:

Both teams will be counter-attacking on Saturday then. Thus it will end 0-0 as both teams will sit back and wait on the other :lol:

Get your money on 0-0 and just enjoy the wedding. 

Johnston's time in charge has been pretty much based on destroying teams on the counter attack. We do play some decent stuff at times, but we're lethal on the counter attack, especially at EEP.  We seemed to do that at Morton and then not turn up in the 2nd half. That's something that'll hopefully be addressed. 

They just weren't clicking in the first half last week, but in the first half Morton were so bad, Higgy and RW got away with under-performing. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I read it was PATG, no tickets. Got a link to the video?

https://twitter.com/officialdafc/status/907993967949746176

You buy your ticket from the hut in the corner between the Main Stand and East Stand. I'm sure it's a similar system at St Mirren isn't it?

There shouldn't be too much of a queue at the hut or the turnstile but it's sometimes handy to get your ticket earlier (if you're in the town for a pint etc) to save you queuing up twice just before kick-off.  

You buy your ticket from the hut in the corner between the Main Stand and East Stand. I'm sure it's a similar system at St Mirren isn't it?
There shouldn't be too much of a queue at the hut or the turnstile but it's sometimes handy to get your ticket earlier (if you're in the town for a pint etc) to save you queuing up twice just before kick-off.  

Going by the video, seems pretty similar system to the 'Paisley 2021 Stadium' so shouldn't involve too much hassle.

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Naw, you are getting mixed up with Quitongo. Reilly has scored 9 goals in 11 games this season. Quitongo has scored 2 in his senior career. He is the one who runs about a lot and achieves f**k all.

Take it you didn't manage along to cappielow to watch  a half fit kid tear your defence to pieces statto ? Jai has scored 8 goals from 22 starts upfront but hey let's all pretend Reilly wasn't compleatly piss poor and hooked on the hour mark. I'm sure the host of premiership teams will soon drop interest in jai and turn to Gavin fekin Reilly. Back in yer box ya sh*te statto. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Thanks for that. 

Archived