Pars vs St Mirren

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He probably didn't "hit" Higgy as Mr Kallum Higginbotham is fucking magnificent and would have mocked the poor lad senseless for even trying.

By Jove it seems like this "Higgy"chap needs a dull yin.

He can't be allowed to carry on like this :P

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 minutes ago, Young gun said:

By Jove it seems like this "Higgy"chap needs a dull yin.

He can't be allowed to carry on like this :P

Higgy discusses this very issue in his post match interview:

He (Stelio) ran into me in the first tackle and I though "I'm going to have him this half.

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Higgy_targets_return_to_the_good_days&ID=10201 

Higgy discusses this very issue in his post match interview:
He (Stelio) ran into me in the first tackle and I though "I'm going to have him this half.
http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Higgy_targets_return_to_the_good_days&ID=10201 

"He [stelios] didn't come out for the second half and I think that is 1-0 Higgy." :lol: what an arrogant b*****d.

I fucking love him.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

"He [stelios] didn't come out for the second half and I think that is 1-0 Higgy." :lol: what an arrogant b*****d.

I fucking love him.

3 goals and 6 assists in the first six games - can't argue with the contribution he's making. I wasn't always convinced by him last year but him and Talbot have stepped up a level or two this season. 

Higgy's having a good spell at the moment , he's full of confidence , but we've seen it all before at his previous clubs. He tried his nonsense with Jason Naismith a few years back and Jason put him out the game for 3 months. I'll bet he cops it again this season sooner or later.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:35, DA Baracus said:

It wasn't soft; it was a clear red as per the rules.

They're only 2 points behind you and have Dobbie and Lyle on form

Our home form has been fantastic for the last 6 or 7 months. And we've appealed the Eckersley red, so may have him available. One off day on Saturday won't derail our season, just as our last one didn't derail it when Morton beat us. A question of getting back on the horse and keeping going.

"clear red as per the rules"

55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, smpar said:

Appealing that red card. :lol: Something seriously wrong if that gets overturned. 

55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Crazy weegies

1 hour ago, Fungi said:

Rangers levels of delusion if that's not a red

The Dunfermline fans seem really certain this was a stonewall straight red - I've heard talk of an intentional 'eye gouge' and of course if that's the case red was clearly the correct call.

The footage doesn't seem to show that though, and neither does the Pars players reaction - okay so he elbowed Eckersley but didn't go mental in the way you'd have expected someone who's eyes have been gouged.

I wasn't at the game, so don't know if there'd been a running feud which made Eckersley decide he wanted to gouge someone's eye out; I will say though he doesn't appear to be that kind of player.

Is there other evidence for the gouge or are people just going on that video?

(Saying "I was at the game and I saw the gouge" I don't really think holds much weight)

One person said it was a 'gouge' and even then, I think he's changed his mind. Nobody's really claiming it's some sort of attempted murder bid, but he grabs his fucking face and had enough of a grip to turn his head around. That's a clear red card offence.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

3 goals and 6 assists in the first six games - can't argue with the contribution he's making. I wasn't always convinced by him last year but him and Talbot have stepped up a level or two this season. 

I fucking love this man, btw.  He is so underrated. I genuinely can't remember him ever making a mistake or putting a foot wrong (halving the opposition doesn't count)

I fucking love this man, btw.  He is so underrated. I genuinely can't remember him ever making a mistake or putting a foot wrong (halving the opposition doesn't count)

He looked good in League One but was one of quite a few that struggled in the first couple of months back in the Championship. Since coming back a few weeks ago though he's been great, he's well organised and is a reliable player to have in the team. Talbot, Morris and Ashcroft are generally very solid defenders with Williamson adding to it by being a handy option on the counter attack.

He looked good in League One but was one of quite a few that struggled in the first couple of months back in the Championship. Since coming back a few weeks ago though he's been great, he's well organised and is a reliable player to have in the team. Talbot, Morris and Ashcroft are generally very solid defenders with Williamson adding to it by being a handy option on the counter attack.

That's a very diplomatic take on Williamson's defending
ability!

(To be fair, it's been much improved recently and along with Higgy, they have that right side nailed down).

4 hours ago, Fungi said:

Rangers levels of delusion if that's not a red

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Appealing that red card. :lol: Something seriously wrong if that gets overturned. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Crazy weegies

As has been explained pretty clearly, we've appealed it so he's available for the weekend, slightly averting a defensive crisis.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't the SFA try to hold appeals before the next game to avoid this blatant attempt at cheating the system? If they don't, they should.

No idea. Is it cheating if you can do it without breaking any rules? I'd go for 'exploiting'.

Archived