Pars vs St Mirren

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Agree , don't think some realise we will have a make shift defence with a total of 5 key defenders out on Saturday that's a huge number from defence. If we pull off a drew it will be a good result but fully expect Queen's to win.  Once we are back to a full squad which will be soon we will start to fly , I know you will not agree with that Saturday's game had no reflection on how we can play. Dunfermline , if you play like that week in week out will be hard to knock off the top of the table. 

Never saw the game on Saturday. Your players returning isn't a guarantee that you'll go on a great run of form. Might happen, might not.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think its as clear as you are suggesting to be honest. Hand was on his face, that is clear, but to suggest it's clear  that he tried to gouge his eyes is most definitely not!

The fact the Dunfermline player never reacted at all suggests that wasn't the case.

From the camera angle, its a soft one IMO but then again he was pretty stupid man handling him in the first place when there was no need to.

At the very least, he was trying to pull an opponent out of the way, by his head. That is not a 'soft' red card. Any time a player raises his hands to an opponent's face is a red card. Particularly in a case like this where the fingers look to be going into the player's eye...

A lot of St Mirren fans have brought attention to Splaine elbowing Eckersley's ribs. Surely elbowing someone in the ribs, to get him off of you, is a reaction?

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Agree , don't think some realise we will have a make shift defence with a total of 5 key defenders out on Saturday that's a huge number from defence. If we pull off a drew it will be a good result but fully expect Queen's to win.  Once we are back to a full squad which will be soon we will start to fly , I know you will not agree with that Saturday's game had no reflection on how we can play. Dunfermline , if you play like that week in week out will be hard to knock off the top of the table. 

We've been playing like that constantly, except for the first game of the season and the second half of the Morton game, where just decided to throw away a 2 goal lead. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Never saw the game on Saturday. Your players returning isn't a guarantee that you'll go on a great run of form. Might happen, might not.

Don't watch football with my heart more with my head. Have seen enough to know we will be putting up a serious challenge this season where that ends up is play off at least. The players to come back Gary the Mack good centre back also chips in with goals ,  Kyle Magennis fantastic midfield playmaker , Harry Davis top notch defender who could play at a higher level , Liam Smith from Hearts has proved a hit. Take that number of automatic first team players out the squad then it's going to be weaker.

There was a pic early in the thread, showing just how small Kallum Higginbotham is. Still able to tower over the St Mirren fullback at the first goal. 

I don't think he missed out on a single 50/50 on Saturday. Every time the ball was punted in his direction, it looked like there'd be no chance of him winning that battle. Despite being a wee short-arse, he knows how to get there first and uses his body well.

24 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Don't watch football with my heart more with my head. Have seen enough to know we will be putting up a serious challenge this season where that ends up is play off at least. The players to come back Gary the Mack good centre back also chips in with goals ,  Kyle Magennis fantastic midfield playmaker , Harry Davis top notch defender who could play at a higher level , Liam Smith from Hearts has proved a hit. Take that number of automatic first team players out the squad then it's going to be weaker.

49 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Once we are back to a full squad which will be soon we will start to fly , I know you will not agree with that Saturday's game had no reflection on how we can play.

Man,  you are non stop! You'd think you'd learn your lesson after the rubbish you came out with before Saturdays pumping.

You are conceding just under 2 goals a game on average so you will need to vastly improve on that if you want to stay in the playoffs, never mind challenge for the title.

Still the best team since the Fergie days?

If i was one of your fellow fans, I'd be embarrassed with the comments you come out with but it is great entertainment so keep it up!

A lot of St Mirren fans have brought attention to Splaine elbowing Eckersley's ribs. Surely elbowing someone in the ribs, to get him off of you, is a reaction?

I didn't see it but that would also merit a red card. Regardless of whether they are hit in the face or the body, it's a red card. If he's reacted with an elbow he should've walked too.

I don't think he missed out on a single 50/50 on Saturday. Every time the ball was punted in his direction, it looked like there'd be no chance of him winning that battle. Despite being a wee short-arse, he knows how to get there first and uses his body well.

That's because Stelios is too busy trying to kiss, cuddle and pat each opponent on the arse. He's a liability at the best of times but Saturday he was at fault for the first two goals. If he's going to lose a header to that short-arse Stelios should at least be nudging him or putting him off to ensure the header doesn't go where it's intended to be put.

That's because Stelios is too busy trying to kiss, cuddle and pat each opponent on the arse. He's a liability at the best of times but Saturday he was at fault for the first two goals. If he's going to lose a header to that short-arse Stelios should at least be nudging him or putting him off to ensure the header doesn't go where it's intended to be put.

Aye you've been utterly robbed m9.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Man,  you are non stop! You'd think you'd learn your lesson after the rubbish you came out with before Saturdays pumping.

You are conceding just under 2 goals a game on average so you will need to vastly improve on that if you want to stay in the playoffs, never mind challenge for the title.

Still the best team since the Fergie days?

If i was one of your fellow fans, I'd be embarrassed with the comments you come out with but it is great entertainment so keep it up!

Saints are certainly conceding too many goals but it should be pointed out that Gary MacKenzie has only played two games this season, Kyle Magennis and Harry Davis haven't made a single appearance between them. All three of those I would consider to be first team starters if fit and two of those would play right at the heart of our defence.

There's no doubt in my mind that we will be harder to score against once those lads are fit again.

Stelios was shite on Saturday. The team was bad, but he couldn't win headers, took the wrong option too much and was partly responsible for the first 2 goals . As poor as I've seen him play.

That said he wasn't alone, McGinn had a poor game, McShane couldn't cross a ball if he depended on it and the rest of our defence was posted missing.  It was reminiscent of our 5-0 hammering at Thistle in the way we played.

Aye you've been utterly robbed m9.

Think you missed the point, just for a change. Blaming your own players is regarded as sour grapes now?

Stelios should've been hitting Higginbotham at every opportunity. Similar to what your left back did to Morgan. Then Higginbotham might not have been as effective as he was.

Saints are certainly conceding too many goals but it should be pointed out that Gary MacKenzie has only played two games this season, Kyle Magennis and Harry Davis haven't made a single appearance between them. All three of those I would consider to be first team starters if fit and two of those would play right at the heart of our defence.
There's no doubt in my mind that we will be harder to score against once those lads are fit again.

To be fair we lost this season's highest goal scoring threat, and last months player of the month, early in the match so that evened it up a bit.

Might have been 5-0 otherwise.

Archived