Pars vs St Mirren

Really enjoyed that yesterday. I thought the first half was entertaining and open; Saints came to play but we nullified their main man Morgan well. They'll be disappointed with the goals but the first two are good finishes from McManus and Hopkirk (who played well when he went on). Williamson's ball for the second was terrific.
God knows what the man at the front post was doing for the third and after that it was a stroll.
No failures in the team but, aside from a couple of really wayward set plays, Higginbotham was absolutely outstanding. Morris kept things simple this week and reacted brilliantly after last week and Murdoch didn't have much to do.
There can't be an argument over the red cards - Eckersley was absolutely stupid and Buchanan's was maybe a bit of frustration.
I was disappointed in Saints but credit to us, we played well.
The league is shaping up to be very open and exciting and we need to try and replicate impressive home results away to the likes of Saints, United etc. But things are good just now and Cardle getting injured was the only negative.
Great attendance yesterday and a good St Mirren support, must've been 1200-1300. Very vocal too but we need to ensure smoother entry at the turnstiles. Even at 2.40 there were big queues with some folk's season cards deemed invalid.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

That looks like one of the worst defensive displays ever. Literally just stood and watched McManus for the first and the third looks like the kind of goal you see at schoolboy level.

Don't think you can argue against the straight red even if I'd have maybe gone with yellow personally. You can't justify hauling someone back by the face really

You've just said there how it was a red card :lol:

It counts as violent conduct which = red card. Some folk are on the wind up trying to suggest otherwise, surely? :lol:

No complaints with either red card. I hope both players got a bollocking because they lost the head, and they've left us really short at the back for next week. 

Our discipline has been dreadful this season. I could almost accept a couple of red cards if players were picking up a couple of bookings for being really aggressive and getting right in about the opposition. But every one of our red cards so far has been down to stupidity really.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You'd have to either be genuinely thick, of be trolling to try and suggest that wasn't a red.

Super Stelios emoji38.png Gavin Reilly with a point to prove emoji38.png

What punishment should be given to the Dunfermline player in that incident?

What punishment should be given to the Dunfermline player in that incident?

100 lines.

I promise not to try and get someone who is grabbing my face off of me.
I promise not to try and get someone who is grabbing ...

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

100 lines.

I promise not to try and get someone who is grabbing ...

So you're saying the elbow was retaliation?

What punishment do you think should be given for elbowing someone who is holding you?

So you're saying the elbow was retaliation?
What punishment do you think should be given for elbowing someone who is holding you?

Splaine did very little, it was similar to what goncalves did when having his hair pulled which after proper review was decided to not be punishable, it is obvious to any sane person why that would be.

Archived