Pars vs St Mirren

The Norrie McCathie obviously had issues aswell.with the turnstiles as massive queues at both ends.  Impressed with Dunfy and also with their goal difference however no trophies  were won today and as good as Dunfermline were we were shite.  In all honesty can see us switching formation to 3 at the back from now on as we look better with 1 centre half in there.  Saw Tosh Mckinley going into main stand before game looked heavy jaked up and red face did not look well at all.  Also saw a pars fan with a skin tight  old green away top with landmark sponser on made me think of stewart petrie and Andy todd.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Norrie McCathie obviously had issues aswell.with the turnstiles as massive queues at both ends.  Impressed with Dunfy and also with their goal difference however no trophies  were won today and as good as Dunfermline were we were shite.  In all honesty can see us switching formation to 3 at the back from now on as we look better with 1 centre half in there.  Saw Tosh Mckinley going into main stand before game looked heavy jaked up and red face did not look well at all.  Also saw a pars fan with a skin tight  old green away top with landmark sponser on made me think of stewart petrie and Andy todd.

We are dunfermline we are better than you

Reilly definitely proved some sort of "point" yesterday. Obviously (a word seldom used when footballers are interviewed), based on the performance, it was not just playing for Dunfermline that was a problem for Reilly.

It must be East End Park is his Kryptonite.

In the reverse fixture, any fan that travels to Paisley should take a small piece of turf from the old pitch with them. Thereby his freescoring shooting powers will leave him.

Thought Hopkirk's strike was the best of the goals yesterday. He proved that he is the ideal squad player - able to step up when called upon. The fact he can fill in at left mid/wing or striker makes him invaluable. All those that wanted him punted on loan, shame on you.

On 13/09/2017 at 21:52, Demented Zebra said:

No disrespect to Dunfemline but this guy is going to hurt you on Saturday  he is well fired up to prove a point which i think will win us the game. 

Anonymous. The boy is garbage. 

Good to see another ex-par getting his marching orders too. St Mirren will win bugger all with those two in the side tbh. 

On 14/09/2017 at 10:23, Young gun said:

Pars fans remind me of the Bairns before the first league game :thumsup2:P

Fortunately we actually have a decent side to back it up. Falkirk are fucking shite.

All things considered I think we'll probably win the league and relatively comfortably at that. 

He was far from poor at Dumbarton. He was one of our best players.

Fair enough, I can only really comment on 3 games that i saw him play for you. I missed the 2-2 draw at your place last season. At East End in particular, he was honking. Same mistakes he constantly made with us. Kept losing concentration and losing his man - as he did for the opening goal yesterday! Also used to pick up far too many needless bookings and give away stupid fouls in league one, did the same against us for Dumbarton, and for St Mirren yesterday.

Really Good showing by Pars. The movement and work rate is excellent. Wedderburn is a machine.  When did Jason Talbot turn from a jobbing left back into this sauve, silky player who ghosts from defence to midfield never putting a foot wrong? 

Really good performance yet again from Dunfermline cutting through St Mirrens defence was almost as easy as getting into the ground not sure what happened to the rest of you? Also nice to see Hawk still can't score. I expected Smith to be decent but he was fairly useless, is he going to be like Reilly and get punted in the summer? 3425a9fa797a86f1f52a69fe53f82320.jpg

Credit to both sets of fans yesterday. 6,600 is a great attendance at this level. St Mirren fans were very vocal for most of the match. They must have had about 1,200 there, which will be one of the bigger away supports we'll see this season.

Think we'll likely send tickets out to St Mirren in advance next time, but we were told to expect around 500, so didn't think that was worthwhile this time. Hopefully our new entry system is actually fully functioning by then as well. Making us look very amateur at the moment.

Well done Dunfermline you were miles ahead of us yesterday and clearly will have a great season. My team were hugely disappointing not at the races. Not too down we have 4 good players back in the coming weeks and are only one point off the top of the league. Again congratulations to Dunfermline.  

No complaints from yesterday. Dunfermline were by far the better team an we just didn't turn up. Got my ticket at 12 and had a wander through the town......well...Wetherspoons.
What is it with saddo morton roasters on here on a Saturday night? Utter fannies.
P. S. My steak bridie was average.

Really good performance yet again from Dunfermline cutting through St Mirrens defence was almost as easy as getting into the ground not sure what happened to the rest of you? Also nice to see Hawk still can't score. I expected Smith to be decent but he was fairly useless, is he going to be like Reilly and get punted in the summer? 3425a9fa797a86f1f52a69fe53f82320.jpg

Doing a great job of showing Reilly doesn't bother you. Especially when you take time out to picture him, presumably just after you had scored.

Loan spells sometimes work out, sometimes don't. Get over it.

Archived