Pars vs St Mirren

What a disgraceful match day experience, I have never been to a game where I can't get in until today, queued outside for half an hour, no stewards in control of anything. 1 turnstile opened at our side of the stand, no one doing anything to speed things up.

Then once in there is no hot food left, yet no one is told until they get to the end of yet another long, 20 minute queue!

There's so many discussions about what can be done to get fans to matches, what can clubs do to entice supporters to spend their hard earned cash. Today was not an example of how to do that.

Dunfermline FC are fucking amateurs to be perfectly honest!

Can you not just admit that you're furious because your team was absolutely fucking shite?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice of the St Mirren fans to turn up in decent numbers, just a shame that their team didn't. They played OK in spells and were really dangerous on the counter especially in the first ten minutes but other than that I was disappointed in them tbh. Even the much vaunted Morgan looked like a bit of a sand dancer to use VT's oft-used if old fashioned phrase. Lots of promising positions followed by pretty average crosses or passes. The defending for the first and third goals were laughable too. I'm sure it was just an off day and you'll win heaps at home but they don't look like title contenders on that showing.

For us, McManus was everywhere and scored a good goal, Higginbotham was everywhere and added another couple of assists, Talbot was solid, Morris and Ashcroft weren't too troubled by Gav (as if!) or Sutton when he came on, Hopkirk scored a good goal and Shiels and Wedderburn looked a cut above in the middle. It was a shame Cardle went off but to still score 3 and create lots more (our goal difference is +12 already, whereas Dundee United are stuck on 0) is really promising. I'd have stuck Aird on rather than Splaine if making that change but to be honest I'd have loved to have seen Smith or Ryan get a run against their tiring defenders at the end there.

Overall a good performance, a great result and back to the top of the pile. It's important we back this up with 3 points at Brechin then something at home to United as we have Inverness, Falkirk, Saints and United away in the second quarter.

Really poor performance today but to be 2nd in league with so many important players still out injured is pleasing.

Was a shambles of a set up at east end park queuing ages to just get the ground then again to get something cold to eat

On 15/09/2017 at 11:46, Demented Zebra said:

Prematch nerves getting the better of you mate ? The way both teams have been scoring it could go any way. Dunfermline have lost one drawn one , St Mirren have lost one. Dunfermline have 15 goals for , St Mirren 14 for , Dunfermline have 6 goals against St Mirren 8 against.  Who has had the hardest run in is hard to say so things are very close. St Mirren still have two key players missing for this game however these two players have missed most of the start of the season. Would I put this game of my fixed odds. No not a chance which tells its own story. This is going to be a cracker of a game up till now the two best teams in the league head to head can't wait. Wrote a few weeks ago on BAWA if we beat Dundee Untied and Dunfermline we will go on to win the league , Dunfermline fans will be saying the same over St Mirren and Dundee United. 

On 15/09/2017 at 15:26, Demented Zebra said:

Stand  by what i wrote been watching St Mirre since 1968 seen it a good few times in the past. The last time I seen St Mirren play so well was when Alex Ferguson was manager  At my age its not my heart that rules i can come away from a game pleased when we lose as long as we played well. We have a special team just now the type that dont come along often  for our size of club. The great thing is we have another two top quality players back in the next two weeks we are going to get stronger than we are at this moment in time :thumsup2

On 15/09/2017 at 16:15, Demented Zebra said:

Im a chilled out soul  Its not a case of jumping the gun there is a long way to go I agree,  have wrote been over the course a good few times we have the look of a team that can go all the way so enjoy. 

18 hours ago, madton said:

More than happy to say great result if you win as it certainly will be, means feck all for the title though!

As expected,  welcome back to planet Earth!

Set yourself up for a massive fall spouting that pish. 

No doubt you have a decent team but reality check for you tonight.

Its going to be a cracking, wide open league this year!

Dean Shiels is a class act. For all the jokes you could give about his eye, he was probably more aware than anyone else today, and not for the first time this season either. A genuinely invaluable player for us right now.

4 minutes ago, madton said:

As expected,  welcome back to planet Earth!

Set yourself up for a massive fall spouting that pish. 

No doubt you have a decent team but reality check for you tonight.

Its going to be a cracking, wide open league this year!

In bold: 100%.

Teams gonna be taking points off each other all over the shop. Except for Falkirk and ICT. They're gash.

20 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

The game today is how I assume most Tinder encounters to unfold. The female (St Mirren) came with so much promise of love. We treated you like shite with the turnstiles, exchanged a bit of banter, pumped you rotten, you lost the rag as you knew we were only after one thing. Then you went home to start again, while we are away bragging to our mates.

tumblr_mcgxdiZspX1qeeqito4_250.gif

That was abysmal, 3-0 honestly flattered us. Dunfermline were excellent going forward and big Wedderburn bullied our midfield on his own.

I was going to say that only Morgan and Eckersley got pass marks but I left 5 minutes early and apparently the latter got sent off, fucking hell. Stelios and Liam Smith were rank, time to ditch the back five as it doesn't suit most of our full backs.

I might be on my own here but does anyone else think McGinn has been a complete passenger this season? Even in the games we've dominated he's fannied about at the back too much and offered little going forward. He looks really lethargic later on in games too. I'd bench him for the next couple of games and give Kilpatrick a chance (and obviously take McShane off corners too, good lord).

Maybe a bit harsh, but he's not dominated games like he did last year. I think we're missing Magennis who shuts people down and doesn't give them a minute.

We had a shocker today, but I wouldn't rush to make wholesale changes. We've won 4 out of 6, losing away to two of the league's better sides. It's not panic stations.

We're a decent side, with some good players, plus we've still got our two best centre halves, and one of our best midfielders to come back as well.

Brought back down to earth with a big massive bang. We were shite today - end of.

Didn't look threatening up front, midfield non existent and defence was a shambles.

Can someone explain what Stelios brings to this team? He was a fuckin liability today and has contributed f**k all so far this season.

Hard to say if Dunfermline are the best side we have played as we were so bad.

I don't understand how nobody could work the new ticket system. It was piss easy. To be fair there were stewards that were brilliant helping the elders and the kids get in, until their superior got involved and told everyone to back off as everyone has to learn it for theirself. Shocking behaviour. That's probably why it took so long to get everyone in.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Can someone explain what Stelios brings to this team? He was a fuckin liability today and has contributed f**k all so far this season.

Cult heroism aside, we've known since last season that Jack has his doubts about him. Stelios doesn't get in our first XI if everyone is fit. Sadly the defensive selection nightmare looks set to continue for a while still.

53 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

What a disgraceful match day experience, I have never been to a game where I can't get in until today, queued outside for half an hour, no stewards in control of anything. 1 turnstile opened at our side of the stand, no one doing anything to speed things up.

Then once in there is no hot food left, yet no one is told until they get to the end of yet another long, 20 minute queue!

There's so many discussions about what can be done to get fans to matches, what can clubs do to entice supporters to spend their hard earned cash. Today was not an example of how to do that.

Dunfermline Athletic FC 

Thank You

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Brought back down to earth with a big massive bang. We were shite today - end of.

Didn't look threatening up front, midfield non existent and defence was a shambles.

Hard to say if Dunfermline are the best side we have played as we were so bad.

They're comfortably the best side I've seen. I didn't make it to Cappielow though - thankfully.

We were bad, but a lot of that was because Dunfermline played very well, they moved the ball really quickly, and Wedderburn and Shiels controlled the midfield.

We had a shocker today, but I wouldn't rush to make wholesale changes. We've won 4 out of 6, losing away to two of the league's better sides. It's not panic stations.

Tbf, those two defeats have come with an aggregate score of 7-1. To have been humped so heavily twice within the first half a dozen games of the season must be of some concern?

Just now, smpar said:

Tbf, those two defeats have come with an aggregate score of 7-1. To have been humped so heavily twice within the first half a dozen games of the season must be of some concern?

That's true. Defending is certainly an issue here, but we still have our two best centre halves to come back, and one of our best midfielders. McGinn hasn't been as good as last season, but I'm not sure that changing him for Kirkpatrick is what our team needs here.

That was horrible!

Horrendous issues getting in with Pars seemly struggling to sell tickets or work out turnstiles.

Get in and we were awful, misplaced passes, second to every ball and the 3-5-2 didn't work. The centre backs had a nightmare and to top it off two stupid red cards. 4 red cards in 6 games.

Pars however worthy winners but we didn't even lay a glove on them with stupid defending. If we don't score we will lose as we struggle keep a clean sheet. 2 big away supports 2 horror defeats.

Oh well still there in the league, and some big players to return. Could be worse like last year!

7 hours ago, Luther G Presley said:

zgE6pam.gif

We are fucking great. Reading some of the posts about how we played is making my knob twitch.

ETA - The volume and frequency of Morten fans posts in this thread is desperate and sad in the extreme, genuinely seem to enjoy St Mirren losing more than they enjoy their own team winning, exact same story with us and the wee team, although I think recently they just accepted their place as our bitches.

Archived