Pars vs St Mirren

19 minutes ago, CamaroSaint said:

50/60% chance of rain between 13:00-15:00 then dry from 15:00 according to met office.

If you believe them.

Any parking recommendations?  DAFC site says park to the North of the cemetry - is that a good shout?

Yes. The side streets off Townhill Road are handy for the ground and town centre. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think Pars will edge this one, but I don't think it'll be the mental goal-fest everyone is expecting. Probably an entertaining 2-1 home win. Cardle x2 for Dunfermline, Cammy Smith for us.

Prematch nerves getting the better of you mate ? The way both teams have been scoring it could go any way. Dunfermline have lost one drawn one , St Mirren have lost one. Dunfermline have 15 goals for , St Mirren 14 for , Dunfermline have 6 goals against St Mirren 8 against.  Who has had the hardest run in is hard to say so things are very close. St Mirren still have two key players missing for this game however these two players have missed most of the start of the season. Would I put this game of my fixed odds. No not a chance which tells its own story. This is going to be a cracker of a game up till now the two best teams in the league head to head can't wait. Wrote a few weeks ago on BAWA if we beat Dundee Untied and Dunfermline we will go on to win the league , Dunfermline fans will be saying the same over St Mirren and Dundee United. 

Whatever happens it's going to be an important weekend at the top of the table even if it is early doors. With 4 of the top 5 playing each other and Dundee Utd away to Falkirk who you'd think need to get it together at some point. Saints could be 4 or 5 points clear or drop to 4th or anything in between.

36 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Prematch nerves getting the better of you mate ? The way both teams have been scoring it could go any way. Dunfermline have lost one drawn one , St Mirren have lost one. Dunfermline have 15 goals for , St Mirren 14 for , Dunfermline have 6 goals against St Mirren 8 against.  Who has had the hardest run in is hard to say so things are very close. St Mirren still have two key players missing for this game however these two players have missed most of the start of the season. Would I put this game of my fixed odds. No not a chance which tells its own story. This is going to be a cracker of a game up till now the two best teams in the league head to head can't wait. Wrote a few weeks ago on BAWA if we beat Dundee Untied and Dunfermline we will go on to win the league , Dunfermline fans will be saying the same over St Mirren and Dundee United. 

You seriously think that  if you beat Dunfermline tomorrow, it means you will go on to win the league?? You will be 6 games in ffs. A great start, but that's all it will be. Look at Queen of the south last season.

I don't think for a second the Pars fans will be saying the same at this point of the season.

Looking forward to you lot getting pumped to bring you back to planet Earth!

19 minutes ago, madton said:

You seriously think that  if you beat Dunfermline tomorrow, it means you will go on to win the league?? You will be 6 games in ffs. A great start, but that's all it will be. Look at Queen of the south last season.

I don't think for a second the Pars fans will be saying the same at this point of the season.

:thumsup2very pleasing this early in the season :thumsup2

If we could finish in the top 4 I'd be chuffed. If we've everyone fit and don't make silly mistakes we're capable of hammering most teams.  However, if anything goes wrong with the game plan things go tits up. We improved our points tally with each quarter last season so carrying on that steady improvement would naturally place us about 4th or 3rd. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Prematch nerves getting the better of you mate ?  

Little bit. Part of me just thinks winning this many league games (going back to February) simply isn't very St Mirren. It's been 12 years since we spent a season at the right end of a league table - 18 years since we really properly played vibrant, attacking (and winning) football. Crazy, really. 

All the Shhhhhhh! notwithstanding, I think we're in with a real shot this season, but it'll be far from plain sailing.

2 hours ago, madton said:

We prefer to use the pumpings to motivate us to reach new heights, tbh. Morton kindly helped turn our season round with that 3-1 last season; this season you've raised our game again. We're much obliged. 

Morton :wub:

2 hours ago, madton said:

Stand  by what i wrote been watching St Mirre since 1968 seen it a good few times in the past. The last time I seen St Mirren play so well was when Alex Ferguson was manager  At my age its not my heart that rules i can come away from a game pleased when we lose as long as we played well. We have a special team just now the type that dont come along often  for our size of club. The great thing is we have another two top quality players back in the next two weeks we are going to get stronger than we are at this moment in time :thumsup2

19 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Stand  by what i wrote been watching St Mirre since 1968 seen it a good few times in the past. The last time I seen St Mirren play so well was when Alex Ferguson was manager  At my age its not my heart that rules i can come away from a game pleased when we lose as long as we played well. We have a special team just now the type that dont come along often  for our size of club. The great thing is we have another two top quality players back in the next two weeks we are going to get stronger than we are at this moment in time :thumsup2

Absolutely brilliant, :lol:

I'm sure everyone will be on congratulating you on your league win after tomorrows result!

Absolutely brilliant, [emoji38]
 I'm sure everyone will be on congratulating you on your league win after tomorrows result!

I won't be getting over excited if we win tomorrow as it's far too early for that nonsense. Just wondering where the usual Morton roasters are who were all over our threads when we were shite this time last year[emoji39]

17 minutes ago, madton said:

Absolutely brilliant, :lol:

This is a game that can go any way most are writting that. However i look forward to you coming back to congratulate us if we win. Some how i get that is too above for you. 

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

St. Mirren looking good for it, but anyone talking about winning the league at this stage needs to calm it a bit. Only Celtic in Scotland are in any position to talk about that. Nobody else.

Im a chilled out soul  Its not a case of jumping the gun there is a long way to go I agree,  have wrote been over the course a good few times we have the look of a team that can go all the way so enjoy. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Imagine a team wining the league cup with Craig Samson , oh aye we did. 

You won it in spite of Craig Samson. Needed to score 3 against Celtic and Hearts.

Conceding over a goal a game this season as well, despite playing in an in-form, talented side. You guys can do a lot better than that.

Archived