Pars vs St Mirren

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, madmitch said:

This. have witnessed one of these before. Chris Smith in goals for Dunfermline that day IIRC. No way this will be 0-0 shitfest. I fancy wee Gav to be a scorer in this fixture.

At least if it is a goalfest and hanging game on a knife-edge, we thankfully no longer have that arsehole Kyle Hutton to gift wrap you guys a winner. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

At least if it is a goalfest and hanging game on a knife-edge, we thankfully no longer have that arsehole Kyle Hutton to gift wrap you guys a winner. 

Remember that game? How things can quickly change. 

Wouldn't be surprised with another 4-3! We will concede with the players Dunfermline have up top. Question is if we can outscore you. 

There's no doubt we're still there for the taking at the back , and defensively in midfield. Hopefully we'll have Liam Smith back for this one and maybe Magennis back in the squad. Getting Harry and Gary Mack back must be JRs prime focus though. We can't keep hoping that if we concede we'll still outscore our opponents !

This. have witnessed one of these before. Chris Smith in goals for Dunfermline that day IIRC. No way this will be 0-0 shitfest. I fancy wee Gav to be a scorer in this fixture.

I was thinking about the same game earlier. I'm sure we went 1-0 up through a peach from Jordan McMillan, St Mirren went on to go 4-2 up and Liam Buchanan rifled one in at the near post towards the end to equalise.

Genuinely don't have a clue how this will go.

We're looking like scoring every time we go forward at the minute. Wee Morgan in particular is humiliating everyone who tries to mark him. The will to win in the side has been fantastic lately.

However..that 20 mins at the start of the second half against ICT. Ffs. Centre of our defence had more holes than Swiss cheese. After doing nothing in the first half Caley looked dynamite.

Pars have plenty firepower so if we don't tighten up dramatically we will lose. On the other hand...the Pars will be expected to open up at home which will give space to Morgan , Smith and Reilly and they've not needed much space to wreak havoc so far this season.

No predictions from me as nothing would surprise me. Heavy victory for either side, narrow victory either way or exciting draw. Pretty much the only thing I'm sure of is there will be goals. So 0-0 is now guaranteed.

On Saturday we started with a back 3 however the wing back on the right side forgot he was still to cover so left us exposed. Once we sorted that out we were sound. Remember they scored 1, we gave them 1, we scored 4, hit the post and had 3 clear penalty claims turned down. I hardly think we were holding on as they only had 3 shots on target during the game. But I digress. The back 3 has been suiting us and if Smith is fit I would expect him to replace Irvine and still play a back 3. Failing that a back four again where Irvine is more than decent. Our defence is not as bad are some are making out. And for the soapdodger trolls yea the defence were shit at Greenock but that was mostly down to playing a centre back who started the game with severe concussion and did not tell the manager. The naughty boy.

St Mirren fans will be able to buy tickets from the pod at the Cowden end (East Stand) Hopefully the club have sorted the turnstiles from the Falkirk game, as that was a total farce.

For pre-match, I'd make a small recommendation for The Ballroom, which is right beside the bus station, town centre etc. Loads of TVs for the football, decent food and pool tables galore. Not for everyone but have enjoyed it the few times I've went along.

I don't think we were ever hanging on at any point on Saturday. The first 20 minutes of the second half Caley put us under severe and sustained pressure but we were partly to blame for this as we just wouldn't break out from our defensive mindset. In the 40 seconds between Caley missing that chance to make it 1-1 and them scoring, we did make one break and missed a sitter which had we converted, kills the game stone dead. 

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Our defence is not as bad are some are making out. And for the soapdodger trolls yea the defence were shit at Greenock but that was mostly down to playing a centre back who started the game with severe concussion and did not tell the manager. The naughty boy.

I hear the dog ate his homework too.

I've got my Chick Young BBC Shortbread Bingo Sheet ready, since he might be reporting from the game:

- James Leishman
- Bard of Dunfermline
- High flying Buddies
- Long way to deciding the title
- Proverbial 6 pointer
- Battle of the Black & Whites
- Sleeping giants
- Promising managers 
- Bumper crowd
- Stephen's Bridies
- Kingdom of Fife
- Last goal wins