Beith vs Talbot

TFW

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

A big well done to beith today , dominated the game for long parts and were by far the better team for me which contradicted our underdogs status ...................:);)

Underdogs statement needs changed to topdogs. I get that feeling we won't be hearing much from the old news hordes

14 minutes ago, manintheknow said:

Fair play and done without Archie and Connor who are big players for the Mighty. Expected a bit more of Talbot against a couple of 40 year olds. If Beith can tuck away their next 4 then it's lights out for the challengers.

McLaughlan must be 42 now  Him and Sheza have been excellent since the League games started

3 minutes ago, maicoman said:

McLaughlan must be 42 now  Him and Sheza have been excellent since the League games started

To be honest I was worried about our old boys this season after conceding so many in the Ardagh but 2 goals conceded in 5 games is awesome going.

As good a result as it was, could someone tell the Beith fans that they haven't actually won anything yet, the way they went on at full time you would be forgiven for thinking they have been misinformed. Deserved the win but closer than two nil I suggest. Breaks going with Beith at the moment but long way to go. 

As good a result as it was, could someone tell the Beith fans that they haven't actually won anything yet, the way they went on at full time you would be forgiven for thinking they have been misinformed. Deserved the win but closer than two nil I suggest. Breaks going with Beith at the moment but long way to go. 

Hope you enjoyed your trip the Norman Tebbit Arena, Goudie. Give us a break Goudie you guys celebrated a 1-0 win the junior cup in January as if you had won the thing give us peace.

5 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Your shite get over it

That celebration was nothing to do with us winning today , our lads go on like that every game even after being horsed 6-0 by morton , it's just what we do , no harm in it just enjoying fitba and the occasions.

5 minutes ago, juventus said:

Hope you enjoyed your trip the Norman Tebbit Arena, Goudie. Give us a break Goudie you guys celebrated a 1-0 win the junior cup in January as if you had won the thing give us peace.

Ach you are entitled to celebrate, even if it was a tad over the score, guys hanging oot cars screaming as it passed the Talbot fans making their way back. Probs a compliment really, if that is what beating Talbot means. Anyway, well done, lots of good play from both sides, as I say long way to go! 

Yeah, 2-0 was certainly closer than it should have been! As poor a Talbot side as I've seen at Bellsdale.

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

That celebration was nothing to do with us winning today , our lads go on like that every game even after being horsed 6-0 by morton , it's just what we do , no harm in it just enjoying fitba and the occasions.

What hanging out of cars screaming Yessss at the Talbot fans on the way back to their cars buses etc? Actually, the whole singing thing at the end was good, kind of ultra stuff, at least they had the sense to punt the Thatcher chants, which was buffoonery of the highest order. 

13 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ach you are entitled to celebrate, even if it was a tad over the score, guys hanging oot cars screaming as it passed the Talbot fans making their way back. Probs a compliment really, if that is what beating Talbot means. Anyway, well done, lots of good play from both sides, as I say long way to go! 

Beating Talbot is the norm these days nothing really to see as it's glenafton who are the challenge to topple your yesterday's news. We strolled it with a half a team missing

What hanging out of cars screaming Yessss at the Talbot fans on the way back to their cars buses etc? Actually, the whole singing thing at the end was good, kind of ultra stuff, at least they had the sense to punt the Thatcher chants, which was buffoonery of the highest order. 

Yeah myself after morton horsed us 0-6 I was in the pub , drinking with morton lads , shaking their hands and making new friendships out of it , not a problem at all :)

It's what it's all about

4 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Beating Talbot is the norm these days nothing really to see as it's glenafton who are the challenge to topple your yesterday's news.

So you keep saying my delusional friend, but if that were really the case why do you constantly carp on about Talbot with such scarcely hidden bitterness. Good result for you today but it is only one game, Talbot have an infrastructure every Junior team should aspire to and will most probably be competing for many years to come as they have for the last 40 odd. More people turn up to help out with work at the ground than most teams get for a crowd. So, you and your other delusional friend who considers Beith strolled the game today will probably still be going on about Talbot for years to come. As I say, a complment. You will know you've made it when random fans of other teams constantly talk about you. Sound familiar?

31 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

So you keep saying my delusional friend, but if that were really the case why do you constantly carp on about Talbot with such scarcely hidden bitterness. Good result for you today but it is only one game, Talbot have an infrastructure every Junior team should aspire to and will most probably be competing for many years to come as they have for the last 40 odd. More people turn up to help out with work at the ground than most teams get for a crowd. So, you and your other delusional friend who considers Beith strolled the game today will probably still be going on about Talbot for years to come. As I say, a complment. You will know you've made it when random fans of other teams constantly talk about you. Sound familiar?

That's a nice story. I,m commenting on a thread involving my team pumping yours. It's no my fault your teams went pish it happens. Your the junior version of Liverpool fans these days reminiscent of the old days. My club has the best team and gets the best vocal backing in the juniors bar none it's a great time to be a beith fan win lose or draw. I knew the tide had turned for us after getting Skelpted 6 nil by morton when the players were sung off the pitch were here to stay time you boys got used it.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ah, good to see isa has not lost his Talbot specs (I suppose there was 1000 Talbot fans there today)  Beith richly deserved their win today and if anything 2-0 flattered Talbot.   If it had been 3 or 4 you could not complain,  in 90 mins of play they had 3 shots on target , one in first half two in the second and it's not as if the Beith keeper was pulling out blinding saves they were basic saves.  Talbot are still a good side but there is something missing, a lack of  belief is the only way I can describe it. 

Archived