Rossvale v Saint Rochs

JALD

11 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

I refused to pay an admission fee to a ground which is not worthy of taking folks money

The only area they have for supporters in the middle of other pitches and a running track is a flat bit of tarmac where with it being flat you can't see down the line and unless fans were placed in some kind of height order I would not see any of the game .

My view is simple if they can afford a 7m complex to host junior football then they can afford a few steps to ensure paying customers can actually see what they paid for in the first place .

There are no facilities either other than a long walk back out the terrace and down the road to the sports centre and that's if you can get out the locked terrace.

Remember this is not a club just hiring a place to play this complex was build with rossvale and junior football in mind and it's a complete shambles

........imagine going to a game & watching it through a fence because you don't like the facilities 

:lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well then my little chickadee, wait until you get to Gartcairn - I haven't been to the new Rossvale ground yet but I assume it has toilets and changing rooms actually located within the complex.

Why bring Gartcairn into it? There are ample toilet facilities in the sports centre, we are an even younger club than rossvale and to be honest we are slowly but surely turning mtc park into what it should be, still got a fair way to go but come on two years old,
Does junior football just stand still or what, times are different from a hundred years ago when your places where being set up, it would've been a lot easier back then but I bet it wasn't all in place before you kicked a ball

Strange to see a bit of snobbery kicking in the juniors

17 hours ago, Jason King said:

Well if not I'll have all that money back from games at Petershill over the last decade or so!

I'm already planning a trip to Gloucester Bus Station, ding and indeed dong :rolleyes:

This facility is nothing like petershill though. You get a better view outside the actual ground!

8 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

I watched it through a fence as that was the only place from where I could see the entire pitch otherwise I would have been watching the back of someone's head for 90 mins

Can't wait to hear what you think of the showpark at east kilbride.....

:blink:

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Doubt the ground/cage was built with anymore than a 100 spectators in mind. The idea of paying customers obviously wasn't in the original plan. You get a better view watching the game from outside the fence.

If that was the case, couldn't you have paid Rossvale the entrance fee then went to the other side of this fence ?

All in the spirit of the juniors n' all that......

:whistle

Bottom line clubs try there best and can only use whats infront of them or what they can afford no point slaightering it 

up at neilston we must hv one of better parks but our pavillion is ancient and pretty gubbed  needs knocked down and started again but we cant .. We try our best to improve what we can  and in sure other clubs also try

cluba are also fightin agaisnt weather low gates and even vandalism  on regular basics so cut some slack

as for the roch weve never had any probs with them or there fans ..every club has there drunks lets not kid on me and my mates were the neilston ones that used to hurl abuse n took it back but that wat makes the juniors what it is long as its all jist banter 

ps farmers for promotion lol

10 minutes ago, blue manalishi said:

If that was the case, couldn't you have paid Rossvale the entrance fee then went to the other side of this fence ?

All in the spirit of the juniors n' all that......

:whistle

True enough B, but sadly i missed the first half. Strange set up, where exactly do you pay the gate money? Is it at the entrance to the two cages? Odd looking set up all round.

Then on the other hand youve got clubs that rip the arse out the committee cards every club gets 10 ( far as im aware) but then when clubs arrive every one and there granny is commitee jist wAntin in free 

lots of respect for the commitee guys who pay in and take raffles across the grounds as they no huw hard things are but again no club is perfect all hv there flaws

love a rant 

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

True enough B, but sadly i missed the first half. Strange set up, where exactly do you pay the gate money? Is it at the entrance to the two cages? Odd looking set up all round.

I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to shout to a Rossvale committee member , roll up a £5 note & squeeze it through the mesh of this fence?

Just now, blue manalishi said:

I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to shout to a Rossvale committee member , roll up a £5 note & squeeze it through the mesh of this fence?

Good they've got committee men, they certainly don't have any supporters.

Sorry for stating the obvious but while some fans made the decision not to come into complex there was still 150 St Roch's  fans inside 

My understanding is that the fans "outside" made a donation to the Invisibles homeless charity

my only gripe yesterday was that the fans inside ended up locked inside an area and could not go to toilet - EDC staff telling them if they need to go just jump over the barrier - sorry but for 80 year old men with walking stick this is not acceptable - EDC need to give Rossvale a wee hand 

pS the 97th minute winner was excellent 

Archived