Jump to content

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Every time I hear of BBC bias I go straight to the website and find it isn't true. If you can find a link to what you heard I'll gladly consider it.

BTW here's a tweet from pro-independence Catalan News earlier on. Sometimes the available facts change.

https://twitter.com/catalannews/status/943824249353097216

I never said it WAS bias.

Clearly what they are reporting online is different (accurate) from what they reported late afternoon on radio today. I realise news moves quickly and that I have no evidence other than what I heard with my own ears but many other people will have been listening to radio Scotland around that time as well. 

I find it strange that we’re so accepting of how poor our pubically owned broadcaster is. 

Edited by Londonwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I never said it WAS bias.
Clearly what they are reporting online is different (accurate) from what they reported late afternoon on radio today. I realise news moves quickly and that I have no evidence other than what I heard with my own ears but many other people will have been listening to radio Scotland around them as well. 
I find it strange that we’re so accepting of how poor our pubically owned broadcaster is. 


Pubes aside, I presume you mean state broadcaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

 


Pubes aside, I presume you mean state broadcaster

 

Hahaha if you’re going to make a boob, might as well make it a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like pro indy parties will have a majority- 70 seats Indy, 57 Anti & 8 neutral purple party.

Popcorn time to see what happens next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Well it looks like pro indy parties will have a majority- 70 seats Indy, 57 Anti & 8 neutral purple party.

Popcorn time to see what happens next...

Best of 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the pro indy parties were basically denied the right to do any campaigning and the leaders are in jail/exile thats a pretty solid result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll get a further indication of Rajoy’s character quite soon.  Whilst the result is inconclusive it is definitely a rejection of his party and his approach.

Will he take a conciliatory approach or try to bully his way through?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Londonwell said:

My question really is why were they reporting a ‘disappointing low’ turnout on the radio around 16:30 with clearly no basis for that? 

They even had a Spanish political ‘expert’ on saying turnout is down from the last election because the last one was on a holiday.

Is it down to sheer ineptitude? 

Sheer wish fulfilment on all counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Every time I hear of BBC bias I go straight to the website and find it isn't true. If you can find a link to what you heard I'll gladly consider it.

BTW here's a tweet from pro-independence Catalan News earlier on. Sometimes the available facts change.

 

https://twitter.com/catalannews/status/943824249353097216

That's total turnout in the first hours of voting, which is an indicator of high overall turnout at the end of play.  If the BBC was predicting 40-50% total turnout then they were spectacularly wrong to the point where you suspect  something's amiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's total turnout in the first hours of voting, which is an indicator of high overall turnout at the end of play. 

No, it was indicating a lower turnout than last time. Do you ever bother reading stuff before commenting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, it was indicating a lower turnout than last time. Do you ever bother reading stuff before commenting?

f**k me, the turnout was high overall at the end of play what the f**k is your problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

f**k me, the turnout was high overall at the end of play what the f**k is your problem?

I prefer the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No, it was indicating a lower turnout than last time. Do you ever bother reading stuff before commenting?

Was that not due to more people being at work during the day this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×