Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

My question really is why were they reporting a ‘disappointing low’ turnout on the radio around 16:30 with clearly no basis for that? 

They even had a Spanish political ‘expert’ on saying turnout is down from the last election because the last one was on a holiday.

Is it down to sheer ineptitude? 

Edited by Londonwell

Just now, Londonwell said:

I’m not sure what your point is? 

My question was why were they reporting a ‘disappointing low’ turnout on the radio around 16:30 with clearly no basis for that? 

They even had a Spanish political ‘expert’ on saying turnout is down from the last election because the last one was on a holiday.

Every time I hear of BBC bias I go straight to the website and find it isn't true. If you can find a link to what you heard I'll gladly consider it.

BTW here's a tweet from pro-independence Catalan News earlier on. Sometimes the available facts change.

https://twitter.com/catalannews/status/943824249353097216

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Every time I hear of BBC bias I go straight to the website and find it isn't true. If you can find a link to what you heard I'll gladly consider it.

BTW here's a tweet from pro-independence Catalan News earlier on. Sometimes the available facts change.

I never said it WAS bias.

Clearly what they are reporting online is different (accurate) from what they reported late afternoon on radio today. I realise news moves quickly and that I have no evidence other than what I heard with my own ears but many other people will have been listening to radio Scotland around that time as well. 

I find it strange that we’re so accepting of how poor our pubically owned broadcaster is. 

Edited by Londonwell

I never said it WAS bias.
Clearly what they are reporting online is different (accurate) from what they reported late afternoon on radio today. I realise news moves quickly and that I have no evidence other than what I heard with my own ears but many other people will have been listening to radio Scotland around them as well. 
I find it strange that we’re so accepting of how poor our pubically owned broadcaster is. 

Pubes aside, I presume you mean state broadcaster

2 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Well it looks like pro indy parties will have a majority- 70 seats Indy, 57 Anti & 8 neutral purple party.

Popcorn time to see what happens next...

Best of 7.

We’ll get a further indication of Rajoy’s character quite soon.  Whilst the result is inconclusive it is definitely a rejection of his party and his approach.

Will he take a conciliatory approach or try to bully his way through?

11 hours ago, Londonwell said:

My question really is why were they reporting a ‘disappointing low’ turnout on the radio around 16:30 with clearly no basis for that? 

Sheer wish fulfilment on all counts.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That's total turnout in the first hours of voting, which is an indicator of high overall turnout at the end of play.  If the BBC was predicting 40-50% total turnout then they were spectacularly wrong to the point where you suspect  something's amiss.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's total turnout in the first hours of voting, which is an indicator of high overall turnout at the end of play. 

No, it was indicating a lower turnout than last time. Do you ever bother reading stuff before commenting?

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No, it was indicating a lower turnout than last time. Do you ever bother reading stuff before commenting?

Was that not due to more people being at work during the day this time?