Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

When Madrid realised they would lose the extradition case against the Catalans in Brussels they dropped the request. Now they want the EU to add rebellion and sedition to the list of mandatory extraditable charges, and have been told to GTF.

http://catalannews.com/politics/item/brussels-rules-out-european-arrest-warrant-reform-suggested-by-spain

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:12, Granny Danger said:

Just arrived today but little evidence of the election in downtown Barcelona.  Also went by the parliament building; he haw happening.

Might have to stir things up myself.  8)

If you carry on like you do on here, it won't take you long to have the place in an uproar...

On 12/8/2017 at 01:12, Granny Danger said:

Just arrived today but little evidence of the election in downtown Barcelona.  Also went by the parliament building; he haw happening.

Might have to stir things up myself.  8)

To be fair, your work in South Sudan was exemplary.  Do that again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Today is elections day

The results of this will be interesting and could spill over into the atmosphere at the first Classico of the season; pity it's in Madrid.

By all accounts it will be a very close thing; don't see any resolution to the underlying issue in the near future.

Sky's report is interesting and, if to be believed, has split families and friendships apart.

35 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

this is what the fanatical minority can do to a region, sure I've seen this before .

https://news.sky.com/story/families-are-torn-apart-catalonia-divided-as-voters-go-to-the-polls-11179120

Not sure that it’s fair to call those who want to remain part of Spain “fanatical”; we should find out after the vote if they are a minority.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The results of this will be interesting and could spill over into the atmosphere at the first Classico of the season; pity it's in Madrid.

By all accounts it will be a very close thing; don't see any resolution to the underlying issue in the near future.

Sky's report is interesting and, if to be believed, has split families and friendships apart.

Imagine believing Sky on that. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Where you seeing that? BBC radio told me that the turnout was surprisingly poor. Shurely Auntie Beeb hasn’t lied to me?

Turned on Channel 4 news to hear of a record election turnout. Not an hour ago Radio Scotland claimed it would be disappointingly around 40%, how can they get away with such ineptitude/bias (delet as appropriate)?

58 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Where you seeing that? BBC radio told me that the turnout was surprisingly poor. Shurely Auntie Beeb hasn’t lied to me?

At 18:00 local time (17:00 GMT) turnout was 68%, the Catalan authorities said - about 5% higher than the corresponding figure for the 2015 regional election.

Most results should have emerged by 21:00 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42435684