Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

29 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Good to see the "silent majority" raise their profile.Too much of the loudest trying to get their own way.No respect for democracy these people..

"Silent majority" my arse. Thats classic beeb fork tongue stuff.

No way of knowing for sure who the "majority" are chief. Not unless they have referendum.....oh wait...

34 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Good to see the "silent majority" raise their profile.Too much of the loudest trying to get their own way.No respect for democracy these people..

Also interesting to see so many of them raise their hands in salute. 

"Silent majority" my arse. Thats classic beeb fork tongue stuff.
No way of knowing for sure who the "majority" are chief. Not unless they have referendum.....oh wait...

I trust you are not referring to the "cowboy" referendum the separatists held amongst themselves and claimed victory in true banana republic style.

18 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I trust you are not referring to the "cowboy" referendum the separatists held amongst themselves and claimed victory in true banana republic style.

No. I was making comment on the completely dictatorial and undemocratic decision to block a referendum. This is not the actions of those who feel they carry the "silent majority" I would suggest.

what was the turnout in the referendum?

42% apparently

Which means 38% voted yes, 4% voted no and 58% didn't vote

argument seems to be polarised on whether the existence of that 58% can be simply ignored or whether every one of them should be considered as additional no voters because they were obviously boycotting it.

27 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

42% apparently

Which means 38% voted yes, 4% voted no and 58% didn't vote

argument seems to be polarised on whether the existence of that 58% can be simply ignored or whether every one of them should be considered as additional no voters because they were obviously boycotting it.

Would make sense if it was an unofficial referendum in many respects. Why would you bother otherwise?

59 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I should probably point out that I wasn't suggesting that either interpretation of events was reasonable

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)