Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

Anyway it goes without saying that this is disgusting undemocratic behaviour from the Spanish government.

A complete over reaction which will backfire too.

I see some people have been characterised as wishing a war on other people and maybe that is true. However, listening to radio4 yesterday I heard one Spanish reporter who sounded fairly lucid ( maybe he is the Spanish Alan Cochran though I don't know) saying he was pessimist and expected conflict on the streets in the not too distant future.

21 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Our BBC State media outlet doesn't seem keen to report it. Just making it onto the main news website albeit buried down the pecking order

It is third in the world news section after Mexican earthquake and hurricane making landfall in Puerto Rico.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We beat them 4 times you know.

Indeed. Credit where credit's due. I'm far from a United fan, but those were epic victories, particularly the first two, which I am old enough to remember.

Barcelona need to show some balls here and suspend their participation in La Liga. That alone would bring this whole thing screaming to the top of the news and the Spanish govt would really need to show its hand. I'm sure Barca would get hauners from Bilbao and a couple of others. 

Edited by HTG