Today's scores 9 th sept

Gib mclean

Hurts me to say as but as a said from day 1 Beith will romp this season league wise . The good thing is the Beith lads would rather have a 2nd Scottish win rather than another title ha ha .
Getting back to today how good was Scullion 2nd half Hurlford lads ?

How's John been playing for you's this season?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurts me to say as but as a said from day 1 Beith will romp this season league wise . The good thing is the Beith lads would rather have a 2nd Scottish win rather than another title ha ha .

We will just continue to be underdogs Mate as that suits us .......

27 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Depends on which Beith boys you talk to.  I would rather have a second premier league title ( Scottish would be a good consolation prize). 

Depends on which Beith boys you talk to.  I would rather have a second premier league title ( Scottish would be a good consolation prize). 

Your fooling no one mate
The holy grail is the Scottish & we had that for nigh on 40 years .
Until you get a 2nd you will still be chasing
Ps do you know in 1977 we done the league & cup double ??

4 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Your fooling no one mate
The holy grail is the Scottish & we had that for nigh on 40 years .
Until you get a 2nd you will still be chasing
Ps do you know in 1977 we done the league & cup double ??

You think what you want, but today winning the league is a more impressive achievement than winning the Scottish cup.   The Scottish cup will always be special as it is a national tournament and gets the most coverage, but you might only play 3 or four decent sides enroute and any team can win a cup, the best team always wins the league.   And I don't really care what happened 40 years ago.  

He looks a player mate. Liked the movement and pace of his partner Williamson too. Already complimented his goal earlier on this thread. Second free kick was a fine strike too and Williamson should have netted the rebound, although I think 3-0 would have flattered.

Was at beechwood, thought bankies would give them a game, 2 changes I think from the team I saw at kilwinning, they were caught cold and never recovered, got to  get in their faces to have a chance there, hope their not too disheartened they have some football players. Had buffs to win today, irvine man at the game said beith should have won the game first half, discipline again costs buffs 2nd half, frye and manager sent off again! Is  Mahood still at QP.

Dalry player never knew he had been already carded earlier in the game for 2nd sending off late on

First sending off was never a red but I seriously doubt your defender didn't notice he'd been booked earlier ahead of the second red card. Didn't matter in the end anyway though, just not good enough from us!

Cumnock 0-1 Rob Roy.

Cumnock had the better of the 1st half, & were unlucky not to have gone in front after they had 2 good efforts rattle off the post, & crossbar.

Rob Roy had a blistering start to the 2nd half when the earned a penalty in the in the opening minute after Cumnock defender needlessly challenged a Rob Roy player who was running towards Asda.
Roy's excellent right winger Lee Gallagher finished with expertise from the spot, sending Cumnock goalie Darren Johnson the wrong way.
The visitors had a firm grip of the game for a while, but Cumnock came back into the game & were a bit unlucky to have nothing to show for their efforts.

Gutted not to have taken anything from the match today, felt we controlled the majority of the game and if it wasn't for some poor finishing we could have won by a few goals. Having seen the penalty incident again the referee has been conned there's minimum contact and rob Roy player has fell over like he has been shot. Apart from the penalty rob Roy offered very little going forward but there a well organised team and I suspect they'll be nearer the top half than the bottom half again this season. For Cumnock they will just have to take it on the chin and move onto next Saturday and hopefully be a bit more ruthless in attack.

6 hours ago, beithboy said:

You think what you want, but today winning the league is a more impressive achievement than winning the Scottish cup.   The Scottish cup will always be special as it is a national tournament and gets the most coverage, but you might only play 3 or four decent sides enroute and any team can win a cup, the best team always wins the league.   And I don't really care what happened 40 years ago.  

And you can lose a game on the way and win on pens without having to play extra time. Yip winning the league a far greater achievement these days.

Archived