How hard are you really?

mrcat1990

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've spent the best part of the last 10 years training in some sort of combat sports, mainly boxing and BJJ. I have never been in a street fight and always avoid any confrontation.
I have absolutely no idea what would happen if it came to it and I had to fight and I have no desire to find out.

I'm similar. I trained in Tae Kwon Do when I was a teenager and now have done Krav Maga for almost 4.

I've never had to use any of it and I don't know how I will react if it have to. I'd hope to be capable of defending myself but who knows?

I wouldn't start a fight though. I'd get into a world of trouble if I did and not being a drinker, have less reason to kick -off in general.

3 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Not a hard man, but I know how to look after myself.  Been in a few street fights, as a gang and as an individual.  Our gang (YTD) were invincible back then, good honest fighting.  But there is always someone harder than yourself. 

Won a Scottish Amateur Boxing medal at Meadowbank years ago, so I have the know how.  Anyway, I wouldn't be able to do it now because my fitness is not as good as it used to be.  

I posted on a different topic about a jobsworth annoying me, that is the closest I have been to hitting someone in a long while. By f**k it was close.

Aye, Aberdeen YTD?

Not a hard man, but I know how to look after myself.  Been in a few street fights, as a gang and as an individual.  Our gang (YTD) were invincible back then, good honest fighting.  But there is always someone harder than yourself. 
Won a Scottish Amateur Boxing medal at Meadowbank years ago, so I have the know how.  Anyway, I wouldn't be able to do it now because my fitness is not as good as it used to be.  
I posted on a different topic about a jobsworth annoying me, that is the closest I have been to hitting someone in a long while. By f**k it was close.

e47159d17861e1d8bafb5b74a54ae39f.jpg

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I'm similar. I trained in Tae Kwon Do when I was a teenager and now have done Krav Maga for almost 4.

I've never had to use any of it and I don't know how I will react if it have to. I'd hope to be capable of defending myself but who knows?

I wouldn't start a fight though. I'd get into a world of trouble if I did and not being a drinker, have less reason to kick -off in general.

A mate of mine who was a 'dan' (can't remember what level) at I think Karate (and is about 6'5") got into a bit of argey bargey a while back. It was only the start of the night, we'd only had a couple and long story short he gut punched the guy and told him "outside". All I see was him striding out and got the story later, he was that angry instinct overtook all the years of hard work and training. :lol: In all honesty, I was quite impressed because despite his ninja training and size he is actually a bit of a jessie, saying that, he also got into a run in earlier this year and punched a boy in the pus who tried to kick him over their dogs getting arsey. I'll maybe need to upgrade him from 'a bit of a jessie' to 'not to be trifled with', he's now doing kendo as for his ninja training too. :o

18 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Brought up in Torry and used to hang about Buchan and Girdleness and yes was Torry Derry.

I do believe you would be able to look after yourself then. Unlike if you were one of those Randle scamps! ;)

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Grown men who get in fights are among the most pathetic creatures you'll ever encounter.

We've had the odd issue with the lovable travelling community, last weekend I saw 2 middle aged men who were bigger than me (and I'm no stranger to the hotdog stand) have a wee childish wrestle, one just grabbed the other one round the neck from behind and threw him to the ground. The kind of stuff you do when you're 17, they had a load of kids (and the 6 dahgs) with them and I'm guessing this was 'normal' behaviour for them. I've never really been one to look down on people but I was feeling a bit smug at how this 'other half lived' after that display. 

Archived