Last Chance U Season 4

Torpar

Anyone else been watching this so far? I'm about half way through the season but may go on a binge and finish it this weekend.

Much like the first season, it can be frustrating

viewing at times, guys not quite grasping that as the title of the show suggests, it is their last chance to make it in football. DeAndre Johnson, the guy released by Florida State after punching a woman in the face features on the show. I spoiled it a bit for myself and checked which players actually got picked up by 4 year schools. I was surprised that one guy who seems to feature on every episode being shown to give no fucks, gets picked up by a big school.

One of the episodes focuses on some of the players and staff religious beliefs. It amazes me that in a first world country as developed as the 
USA, in 2017, there are still people who are so big into religion and truly believe 'god has a plan for me'

Watched all of it.

Have to say I didn't care as much about the players this year, compared to last. The one Defensive Lineman in particular was really annoying, seemed extremely arrogant and didn't listen to his coaches at all.

The Head Coach is annoying too. 

The one who cares about them the most is the lady, can't remember her name.

Think they are gonna do series 3 at a different JUCO. 

Ms Wagner, who has now left the school. The defensive lineman is the guy I was referring to, he ended up being recruited by Pittsburgh.  Isaiah Wright ended up being quite annoying too, not quite grasping that the coaches didn't want him to hurt himself further.

According to Wikipedia the third season will be focused on Independence college in Kansas. It will be interesting to see how another team operates but for me the rural Mississippi setting adds to the show at the moment. 

• Torpar changed the title to Last Chance U Season 4

Just finished season 4 on Netflix, another interesting look into the world of Juco football, to be honest it's much the same as other seasons but I sill enjoyed it. Almost shouting at the TV screen half the time at how fucking deluded/stupid some of the kids are. 

I can't help but think if these kids were football (soccer) players in the UK they could be a stupid as they like and never go to school but make it big on their talent alone but being 'merica they have to also be able to be at least semi literate and scrap by at school to have a chance of making the NFL.

A fifth season has already been confirmed with them focusing on a community college in Oakland, California