Breakfast thread

ICTChris

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My wife always used to have overnight oats but since she became pregnant she's started eating weetabix in the morning, topped with flaked almonds and blueberries.

When I was a kid breaktfast was cornflakes and toast and was fairly boring.  I did used to like all the family getting together around the breakfast table though, talking about our day and listening to the Today programme.  I hope to continue that when my kid is born but I'll probably just end up running around in a mess with my pants on eating a pop tart and swearing.

You'll end up running around in a mess with no pants on, eating nothing. 

24 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

A carpet by any chance  ?

What do you mean by this?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been bringing my overnight oats to work and just eat them when I get the chance. Twice this week I've left the house at 3.30am so f**k eating at that time
40g of oats. 3 spoons of low fat yoghurt and either blueberries strawberrys or grapes.
Anyone do anything different to that as I'm getting a bit bored with them.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Special K Red Berries is the GOAT cereal. 

I used to always to be disappointed that Special K didn't have strawberries in it.  It's fairly rank stuff though.

I usually have a bowl of oatmeal with a chopped banana and raisins, with coconut milk and a sprinkling of chia seeds for the omega 3 essential fatty acids. On weekends I sometimes treat myself to a pumpkin granola yogurt parfrait with a kale salad and a glass of almond milk (unsweetened) before my yoga class.

Love breakfast me, most important meal of the day. I'm proper fucked if I miss it :( 

Day to day at work it's toast, butter and jam or marmalade. Big mug o tea.

Weekend's (particularly if I'm racing or trackdaying) usually a bacon roll or two. With brown sauce of course. Big mug o tea. Weekend's at home are the same but occasionally toasted bagels and Laughing Cow with a mug of coffee.

And if I end up in The Mess on a weekend it'll be sausage, bacon, hash brown, mushrooms, black pudding and beans. Few slice of toast and a big mug o tea.

When I'm up at home visiting Mum, it's gotta be a lorne roll or two, brown sauce and a big mug of tea. Really miss it and you just can't get it down here.

Anyway to answer the question I have porridge with a teaspoon of peanut butter, sliced bananas and flaked almonds.

Was eating smoked salmon on egg and toast for a while for the omega 3 but scunnered myself of it. Butter has omegas in it though so worth having some low fat flora if you can I think, though I'm not an expert.

3 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

So soggy, raw oats? That sounds absolutely depraved. Ban this sick filth.

Add some milk then heat it on a ring or even a microwave,  add some honey and a chopped up banana. Lovely.

Very good for you - you should try it.

Anyway to answer the question I have porridge with a teaspoon of peanut butter, sliced bananas and flaked almonds.

Was eating smoked salmon on egg and toast for a while for the omega 3 but scunnered myself of it. Butter has omegas in it though so worth having some low fat flora if you can I think, though I'm not an expert.

I do the peanut butter thing too but was too scared to admit it for fear of being binned to the eggy dip dip forum.
Almond butter is dece also.

Archived