eaglelok

Central Sectional Cup final

Shanner    989
41 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Agreed - the likes of Kilsyth, Shotts or even Lanark don’t really get a fair crack of the whip due their perceived remoteness.

The only real issue would be public transport access, especially were it to be held on a Sunday…wouldn’t fancy the train to Croy/local granny bus combo that seems to be the easiest way to get to Kilsyth for example on a reduced service.

TBH it would take more than idle curiosity to make me go to that effort whereas a train to Cambo is about as easy as it gets.  I suppose we need to see some finalists from outside the Glasgow area before it becomes a genuine consideration. 

Hillonearth    1,764
25 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Why did they change from having the finals midweek at Maryhill, was at two running both great nights.

You'd have to ask the ones that make the decisions - I suspect the fact we were already doing the groundshare with Broomhill at the time didn't help. The pitch was sketchy at best around that time!

I don't reckon we fought all that hard to keep it though - unless you've got two well-supported sides in a final, it's not a massive earner to stage one. There was one we held - forget who was playing - where you'd be lucky if there were 300 there; 10% of that gate and whatever you make on catering isn't a game-changer.

Shanner    989

I recall the Peasy v SBA one on a freezing cold night in (possibly) November at Maryhill wasn't that well attended. Good game though. 

peasy23    1,066
I recall the Peasy v SBA one on a freezing cold night in (possibly) November at Maryhill wasn't that well attended. Good game though. 

Aye, it certainly wasn't packed, but the fact the game had been postponed twice before that certainly played a part in the low turnout.

Why did they change from having the finals midweek at Maryhill, was at two running both great nights.

What I was told by our rep was that some Central clubs had complained that they were being made to play on a Monday, sometimes having also played on the Saturday, while the Ayrshire final was always on a Sunday. The reason given was that Ayrshire at the time didn't have a suitable Junior ground with lights for the Ardagh final to be played midweek. The response was to start playing the Central final on a Sunday too.

Jason King    69
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

The response was to start playing the Central final on a Sunday too.

The West Region Juniors summed up in a nutshell. There really needs to be someone with common sense installed at the top of the tree.

TheNauld    19

Kilsyth is an excellent park and would be the ideal venue for a final, there's decent transport links to the town too

1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

Kilsyth is an excellent park and would be the ideal venue for a final, there's decent transport links to the town too

Don't recall many places for a Salvador either pre/post match at Kilsyth.....

peasy23    1,066
Don't recall many places for a Salvador either pre/post match at Kilsyth.....

Coachman Hotel is about 300 yards walk from the park.

garrellburn    147
1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

With all our recent upgrades to the ground, totally renovated dressing rooms, new pie shop, toilets etc. we are surely due some recognition . Also plenty of parking within a very short walk at the new health centre carpark.

Coachman Hotel, Broch public house and Masonic club not too far away either for those who lIke a pre-match refreshment.

Yes, a couple of miles to the nearest train station (Croy), but how many actually travel by rail to these games?

kilbowie2002    1,260

In terms of ease of travel Kilsyth would be a shocking shout for the final, which probably means that it'll happen.... great wee ground and playing surface but a nightmare to get to.

Play the game on a Saturday afternoon at Duncansfield when Kilsyth are away from home.

What's the problem with this?? Why either the Friday night or a Sunday lol??

Trains and busses all run a plenty on Saturdays, if this is the only real issue.

However I'm sure both of these two bigger clubs following will travel a plenty by supporter busses anyway!

Shanner    989
1 hour ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Play the game on a Saturday afternoon at Duncansfield when Kilsyth are away from home.

What's the problem with this?? Why either the Friday night or a Sunday lol??

Trains and busses all run a plenty on Saturdays, if this is the only real issue.

However I'm sure both of these two bigger clubs following will travel a plenty by supporter busses anyway!

the question of why not a Saturday has been answered. It gives neutrals the chance to get along to a final.  

Sergeant Wilson    7,604
3 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

In terms of ease of travel Kilsyth would be a shocking shout for the final, which probably means that it'll happen.... great wee ground and playing surface but a nightmare to get to.

Shotts is easier to get to than Kilsyth.

passbackdave    204
I can think of quite a few Bankies [including myself] that travel to games by public transport......

The 89 bus goes past kilsyths ground takes about 45 mins from buchanan street

Mon the papers

I'm quite sure no matter what day the game was played, there would be a fair sized neutral contingent at the game!

Many supporters tend to take in a game as a neutral when there own team are away from home, including supporters of Kilsyth!

In terms of the size of crowd, I'm pretty sure both Pollok and Clydebank would bring a fair amount on there own without the neutrals. All in all, a good sized crowd and a decent atmosphere would be had I'm sure!!

HOPE IM SELLING THIS WELL TO THE SJFA!!!