Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

With a committee of 5 team lines were not a priority I'm afraid.

Surely it's not the host club's responsibility to do that anyway ? There were plenty of high ranking West Region officials at the game, surely one of the Central District officials could have written 32 names on a bit of paper and stuck them on the notice board ?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clydebank were outstanding today, great to see that fight and desire the effort was tremendous well deserved. Looked solid at the back played with confidence. 

Great to see Kieran put faith in our 19s Matt McLean playing only his 2nd game, looked the part and composed in such a big occasion. Brilliant!

Surely it's not the host club's responsibility to do that anyway ? There were plenty of high ranking West Region officials at the game, surely one of the Central District officials could have written 32 names on a bit of paper and stuck them on the notice board ?

Guess it wasn't a priority for the west either

Davie 

7 minutes ago, BTID said:

Clydebank were outstanding today, great to see that fight and desire the effort was tremendous well deserved. Looked solid at the back played with confidence. 

Great to see Kieran put faith in our 19s Matt McLean playing only his 2nd game, looked the part and composed in such a big occasion. Brilliant!

Clydebank played well but not sure they were outstanding as Lok were totally shit!

Davie 
Clydebank played well but not sure they were outstanding as Lok were totally shit!

Lok were shit because we didnt let them play like they did the 4-0 game only a few weeks ago. Well done the papers everyman done there job i am 1 happy bankie. Plus ma boy is only 14 week old n hes already seen us lift a trophy.

Mon the papers

clydebank did what was necessary today (which wasn't too taxing judging by how we played) but we just didn't seem to get started-another poor cup final performance marred yet again as in the Scottish final by the picking of McKenzie to start who just offers nothing.

40 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Davie 

I take it that they shit in the urinal...erm...the nest?

2 minutes ago, happy said:

I take it that they shit in the urinal...erm...the nest?

It was a big beastly brammer Happy-honestly the person who expunged that must have lost three stone immediately -and it was done at speed lolol.I have never seen a crap like it.

7 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

It was a big beastly brammer Happy-honestly the person who expunged that must have lost three stone immediately -and it was done at speed lolol.I have never seen a crap like it.

It was a double dunt.Was aware of fishermen getting up to this malarkey but this is a first for footballers.

Exactly and if the hosts / beaks or whoever else can't get a whiteboard / piece of A4 paper and write teams on it then they shouldn't be deserving of a final or deserving of running our game ; it's a ten minute job max and sums up our game , totally pathetic tbh

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Davie 

Outstanding in terms of desire, defensively looked solid and looked like scoring more. When you've seen us play bad as often as I have then this was outstanding!

but I do agree I said it even when we lost 4-0 and gifted goals 2nd half that was as bad a pollok team as I can remember. The team they put out today didn't look interested tbh. Everything really slack. 

clydebank did what was necessary today (which wasn't too taxing judging by how we played) but we just didn't seem to get started-another poor cup final performance marred yet again as in the Scottish final by the picking of McKenzie to start who just offers nothing.

Mckenzie seems 2 be getting a bit of a hard time off use pollok boys i always thought he was a decent player yesterday our defence won everthjing i dont think it wouldve been any different if use had played anyone else up front even little who when came on made stig get his keepers jersey dirty by having 2 dive n save the only shot on goal from pollok that i can remember.

Mon the papers [emoji471]

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

Given what we saw in the urinal, the teamlines weren't the item of paperwork that I'm most concerned about likely being neglected...

10 hours ago, BTID said:

Outstanding in terms of desire, defensively looked solid and looked like scoring more. When you've seen us play bad as often as I have then this was outstanding!

but I do agree I said it even when we lost 4-0 and gifted goals 2nd half that was as bad a pollok team as I can remember. The team they put out today didn't look interested tbh. Everything really slack. 

I had said previously that if we didn't give this game our all then we would come away with nothing and that's exactly how it panned out.I don't think it's the worst Lok side as we had much weaker squads under Irvine and Richardson but we looked totally uninterested yesterday as if turning up was all we had to do.

i do believe we are a much better side with Sideserf,McCluskey,Forde and McGoldrick in the team however as they were badly missed yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

We had a good few players missing when we lost at Newlandsfield recently.

Maybe a case of Pollok thinking that they just had to turn up not knowing that we`d be a far more difficult proposition with players back?

They really didn't do much more than turn up.  I'm not sure how many divisions you'd need to go down before finding a side that they'd have comfortably beaten on the strength of that performance.  Not even capable of a late 10 minute rally to claw something back. 

When Clydebank missed the penalty I expected that to spark a Pollok fightback, but it just never happened. I was watching the Pollok dugout with interest and even there was a susprising quietness, and Tony McInally looked a frustrated figure who knew the inevitable outcome long before the end of the game.

Archived