Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

Can you lads put a sock in it ? Camby's not too far from being a right decent venue ... few wee bits of rubble lying around that could be cleared. Could make it a bit more accessible by creating a wee covered bit at top of terracing mibbees but as a place to watch fitba it's pretty good. I think as a neutral venue it's not bad at all. 

We competed far better than we had in previous games and it was great to see that rewarded. Shelvey a well deserved motm .  Really pleased for Kieran and hope we can build on it. 2 good supports ... just shy of 900 with some big games on the telly.

Mona Bankies 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Can you lads put a sock in it ? Camby's not too far from being a right decent venue ... few wee bits of rubble lying around that could be cleared. Could make it a bit more accessible by creating a wee covered bit at top of terracing mibbees but as a place to watch fitba it's pretty good. I think as a neutral venue it's not bad at all. 

We competed far better than we had in previous games and it was great to see that rewarded. Shelvey a well deserved motm .  Really pleased for Kieran and hope we can build on it. 2 good supports ... just shy of 900 with some big games on the telly.

Mona Bankies 

One of the better Glasgow Junior venues imo. It wouldn't take a great deal to get it up to a good standard as they already have stuff like the enclosure which is in decent nick, and continuous graded concrete terracing all the way round which is something of a rarity at the older Junior venues. Far from perfect and showing it's age in a lot of ways, but still very good. 

Clydebank deserved it, even missed a penalty - Pollok huffed and puffed and didn't trouble the Bankies keeper.

The Pollok twats with the smokebomb can fucking do one though, utter cretins.

2 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Couple of considerations for next seasons final, can it be at a ground with toilet facilities, a pa (or even a whiteboard with the teams written on it) and one which has the catering to cope? some folks waiting in a queue for 40 minutes for a pie.

Considering the pie hut wasn't even open at the start of the game you should be thankful they even got a pie - bloke came round at half time with the 50-50 draw numbers and yet there was no one selling them when I arrived at the ground, or if there was they weren't just inside the turnstiles like most grounds.

The whole team to a man was outstanding today, forsyth more than redeemed himself, the gaffer was a calming influence in midfield. Johnny Allan and Black seemed to cover every blade of grass and our keeper was rarely troubled.  Well done to everyone. If we have that level of commitment and effort every week we will soon start to climb the table.

I have been trying to ensure that the Lok site was up to date as the game progressed but the past month or so I've been tied up in family stuff so it hasn't happened today.
If a club is going to host the game they should however post up the lineups surely? Amateur matches have better PR.

With a committee of 5 team lines were not a priority I'm afraid.

Mate ive always found you to be very reasonable on here and in no way mean that as a dig. I appreciate you guys are doing the best you can, really hope you manage to attract some more volunteers!

They have chased too many good committee men away over the years. Feck me one guy joined this season and lasted 6 weeks.

Bankies were outstanding, and deserved winners. The boys have took some stick at times but to a man they stepped up today and made a good Pollok side look average. Pollok will bounce back from this and beat good teams. I just hope we can use this to kick on in the league, today proves we can compete with good sides

As for the venue, I love going to Cambuslang and everyone was very warm & welcoming. There will always be issues at this level but many of us know how hard it is to run a club at this level and that should be remembered. Thanks to all at Cambuslang for their hospitality throughout the day and good luck for the rest of the season on and off the park.

If Tony McInally ever needed it underlined to him how limited the Lok attack is with McKenzie in it today had to be it.Didnt win a header for a guy of 6"2 passing and distribution shocking and no real pace or threat.Start with Stuart McCann or Prentice and at least offer a threat.Sell McKenzie asap and get anyone in up front.

Big Jamie strolled through the game and that's when you know you have been totally ineffective.Spoke to Lok legend Scott Morrison afterwards and he hasn't ever had such an easy cup final afternoon!!

Yes.

Camera at the back of the uncovered terracing, camera behind the Pollok goal in the second half and there was also a guy holding a camera during the second half at the end of the covered enclosure,

Archived